First look at Monopoly's Britney Spears edition (out in January, pre-order now)

19 minutes ago, Tetris said:

I’m with you sis. It looks a mess. Even the items they chose for the playing pieces. 
The only touches I like are having singles for the property names and Curious/Fantasy as Chance/Community Chest.

Exactly!!! 

Why they chose a Lion?! Should've been a Snake, for example... Lion stands for what? Circus? I don't even know... Certainly is not because Sam calls her "Lioness" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Exactly!!! 

Why they chose a Lion?! Should've been a Snake, for example... Lion stands for what? Circus? I don't even know... Certainly is not because Sam calls her "Lioness" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

the pieces are based on the videos, and the lion represents Circus. The mirror is Lucky, the astronaut from Oops, the hat from Toxic, the milkshake from Crazy, the basketball from BOMT

The majority of special edition Monopolies don't have precisely the most iconic items as tokens. They tend to favor animals, and everyday objects just like the original.

519aCX7koVL.jpg

Game-of-Thrones.jpg

The-Simpsons-Monopoly-Board-Game.jpg

nintchdbpict000361187274-e1508404773874.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Am I the only one thinking this was a great idea but terribly executed? I mean, this looks so amateur! They could at least match the photos with the eras/mv and be more logical with the cheapest song and the more expensive song.... 

And I'm not even commenting on the pictures they chose.. especially the main picture! This deal probably started while conservatorship was still on going and team-con chose all the design.. I don't have many doubts about it

I agree the execution could've been better, as I commented it should've been either all singles, or all music videos, or all photoshoots, and most importantly that they matched the era of the song at least, but I doubt "Team Con" had any saying on the design.

Just like the Funkos, the tarot set, the calendars, etc, people still believe Jamie and Lou or whoever owned the Britney Brands at the time these deals were done, sat down with the design team to create all these things, but that's not how this works. They've handed all those businesses over to Epic Rights, and not even them are the ones designing this kind of products.

The companies that produce all these things work with countless other franchises too. THEY are the ones creating these items, and all they're doing is going to Epic Rights and paying for the license of the Britney Spears name and logo (and I suppose Epic Rights must have the rights of the photoshoots used as well). In the case of Monopoly, this one is produced by usaopoly, and they have many others under their brand, such as Dragon Ball Super, Sailor Moon, David Bowie, Breaking Bad, Schitt's Creek, etc.

2 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Thats what I thought! $45 and not even released by Britney. 

That's the price of every other Monopoly, at least the ones done by usaopoly:

THEOP.GAMES

Choose from a wide selection of Monopoly board games from The Op Games featuring your favorite movies, shows, and characters.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Omg, sis do u have any pics?? That’s iconic!!  :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

I’m going to look through some old like FB messenger threads between a few old friends and see but I don’t think so :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

the only specific thing I remember about it was I used a lid from a bottle of midnight fantasy as one of the game pieces and the “free parking” had something to do with the Famos surprise :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block