First look at Monopoly's Britney Spears edition (out in January, pre-order now)

1 hour ago, crazyasamuthafukka said:

Such a poorly executed version of Monopoly. They could’ve at least used the correct artwork for each single, and put them in order. No way I’m buying this. I can’t believe anyone wasted their money on this.

I'm pretty sure singles' artwork is part of the record label copyrighted material so I don't think they are able to use it :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: 

The game looks really good, I would have chosen a different design for the cover but overall it's pretty good imo :elton:

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm pretty sure singles' artwork is part of the record label copyrighted material so I don't think they are able to use it :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: 

The game looks really good, I would have chosen a different design for the cover but overall it's pretty good imo :elton:

I think they could've used them if they wanted to though, after all they used the Britney, Oops and Glory album covers. They even used the Slave single cover for DLMBTLTK and WB for Circus. 

I feel like it's more of a lack of research or lack of cross checking from USAOPOLY's part, which are the ones that designed the board. They could've also used shots from the music videos like they did with Lucky, if copyright was the issue.

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think they could've used them if they wanted to though, after all they used the Britney, Oops and Glory album covers. They even used the Slave single cover for DLMBTLTK and WB for Circus. 

I feel like it's more of a lack of research or lack of cross checking from USAOPOLY's part, which are the ones that designed the board. They could've also used shots from the music videos like they did with Lucky, if copyright was the issue.

It honestly looks super cheap like it slapped together by someone who definitely wasn’t a Britney fan lol, was cheap though so you get what you pay for! 

9 hours ago, kdub87 said:

It honestly looks super cheap like it slapped together by someone who definitely wasn’t a Britney fan lol, was cheap though so you get what you pay for! 

yeah, it's like they did research for a list of songs, or things like the perfume names, etc, but then they just grabbed the photoshoots as they found them and thought no one would care.

I was checking other Monopoly editions from other artists, for example for the Rolling Stones they used album covers, but that works better because they have so many albums, so it's easier to stick with a theme.

As fans I think the singles cover would've worked better, but for the general public, and since the figurines are inspired by the videos, I think screenshots from each music video would've been the best option, like the Lucky one. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block