Why do most Britney fans here hate almost all other female singers?

6 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I never thought about that before... But I guess you mean her inner circle: her family (her dad taught her work discipline and was obviously her manager, her mother helped her with fashion and has always been very present from the beginning, Solange seems like an amazing supporting sister), her friends (Kelly and Michelle hello...). But after all she is a woman in this world, and on top of that, black! So I'm pretty sure she didn't have it easy nor that everybody wanted the best for her. If anything, I guess she had to work even harder than Britney to get the same few things at the beginning.

Beyoncé's family has benefited greatly from her success and wealth. Britney's family was much more dysfunctional. For Jamie it wasn't enough for her to give him some money voluntarily, which I'm sure she did and would have done even more. Jamie wanted more money and he wanted power. In the C-ship he had 1,000 times the power he ever could have had in his regular life in which he was generally a professional failure. 

In Beyoncé's family everyone got to benefit because they didn't burn bridges with her. Now all of Britney's family is wounded. 

Edit: Jewel is a similar example. Her mother was Jewel's manager for a time early on. They'd had a horrible childhood relationship, but Jewel let her back in because she, "wanted a mom." So the mom was making money as a manager and Jewel bought her a house. It turned out she was taking tons for herself...by the time Jewel's second album came out, Jewel's mother blew through all the money made on the debut album, one of the most successful albums of the 90's! Jewel hasn't spoken to her in more than a decade and her son hasn't met her. 

• Like 4

It's about the war for chart positions, numbers, relevance and who is better. It's a general fan base thing, not just Britney's.

Britney fans has problems with Xtina cause of the competition back then, with Beyoncé cause after 2006 she pretty much overshadowed Britney, with Gaga cause she was sell as the new Britney, with Madonna cause Britney was sell as the new Madonna, with Taylor cause she broke a lot of Britney's records. And their fan bases have problems with Britney for all those times she was ahead of their artists. 

It's a dumb thing, actually. Lots of good music and people depriving themselves from hear it just because of this.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Britney always has the special spot for me but I like and listen to many more.
i love Madonna, however in the past 1-2 years she is cringe to me, and it is sad. But it’s her thing…

I am also into JLo a lot, Kylie Minogue, Gaga, Gwen Stefani, Toni Braxton, Shakira, Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey even RuPaul and the list goes on but I stan these ladies. LoL

• Like 1

Because this is a Britney Spears forum and I don’t care if it’s not anymore, this forum was created as a Britney forum so OG’s in here since Blackout era and before that have seen what other fan forums like GagaDaily and whatever the Beyoncé one is called say some terrible things about Britney, this isn’t exclusive to Britney fans but nice try :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

There’s this weird energy around perception of Britney fans atm, you see it on Instagram comments and people like you trying to act like Britney and/ or her fans are Toxic, you wouldn’t know what it was like being a Britney fan during 2007 and Blackout era, we’ve learnt we had to harden up because other fan bases are toxic AF towards Britney, “Shtiney” and “Pigney” comes to mind when I think of other fan bases thoughts about Britney :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

sorry this really trigger me, like do people have amnesia or something? Why on earth would any respectable Britney fan like Katy Perry for example, literally mocked Britney’s head shaving, twice in the same night, the nerve of you :ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

• Love 2

Because fandoms get too brave when it comes to other fandoms and that's why we give em a taste of their own medicine :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

+ These pop stars exist thanks to Britney' success in 1998 with BOMT :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

I don't hate any female artists BUT I hate their fandoms and I can notice and criticize their faves' problematic/annoying behavior like for example Tay being so desperate for numbers she's doing the most :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Like 1

I don't really listen to pop much outside of Britney, although I wouldn't say that I hate any other artists. I know a lot of other metalheads/rock fans who only like her out of all the popstars as well. The personality and flair that she adds to her tracks is really unique among her peers. A typical fan of female superstars might value traditional vocal talent (no shade) more than a Britney stan, but I think we really understand what she has to bring to the table.

• Like 1

Some of us just came here for Britney but why do you and some keep making threads asking the same question over and over again it’s not gonna be hateful  to have a preference unless you make it out to be that way

i like many artists  just like those people who unfollowed Britney made it out to be hateful because they’re insecure and under pressure for no reason if Britney hated them she’d have told them to get out of her house 

This website was started around all things Britney. It’s annoying to read other news about other celebrities. Jordan screwed up by expanding his website to include news of other celebrities. I think that’s a mistake. I can’t speak for other people but It’s annoying to see posts about other celebrities when all I want to read about is Britney-related posts. Jordan, you ****ed up the formula you had perfectly. I wouldn’t say I hate other female singers.  Although I’ll say Beyoncé is overrated. 

[I haven’t read the thread]

The answer is spelled jealousy! Especially when it comes to Beyoncé. 

Britney used to be the ultimate IT-girl.

Nowadays, she’s more seen like a hasbeen, an afterthought and the kind of artist that you read in a “What happened to this and that celebrity”-article. 

Beyoncé’s career trajectory has been moving onward and upward. Not bad for someone who started out in a group and who mainly makes RnB music (a genre that’s no longer lucrative). She’s held in high regard among her peers. Even though some of her recent projects have been less successful in terms of sales, it hasn’t had a negative impact on her career like Christina Aguilera. She still sell out stadiums.

I’ve always wondered where Britney’s career would’ve been if it weren’t for the conservatorship. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Like 2

I feel like it has a lot to do with what Britney has to endure during her career and today´s girls don´t have to (bad press, working under c-ship etc.) Another factor can be competition from early days (Xtina) or some other peers who seem to have better career than Brit (Beyonce & P!nk). As for newer artist that could hold a candle to Britney (Gaga, Taylor etc). Imho, it´s the fact that Gaga was being presented as the new Queen of Pop which would after Madonna be Britney & Kylie Minogue (some might have been irritated by that). We still know that Britney is pop royalty. As for latest new artist (Dua, Billie etc.), I don´t see many Brit fans hating on them, however, when it happens it´s usually that "Britney had to work hard and Dua just does her iconic meme dance :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: & Billie whispers into a mic.) So, it´s for a number of reasons (I do not judge whether it´s right or not) but this is how I see it. 

• Like 2

In all honesty I find a lot of female stars annoying: Xtina was always arrogant and shady so seeing her flop for over a decade has felt like it's deserved, Katy Perry was cocky too then flopped hard, Demi thinks she's above everyone else and Taylor Swift sells amazingly well but she's so boring and has no stage presence. 

I like Milie, Madonna until Superbowl era and Mariah remains iconic.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block