Do you regret making fun of the Piece Of Me Vegas show?

2 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

i herd the interview so no need to try n tell me anything. But this all changed when she said no.. but that’s not my point at all. 

my point is n I’ll reiterate if someone’s paying for a service n the results are meh.. there allowed to have that opinion simple as that. I also said ppls expectations are diff as no two ppl are the same. 

That's a very surface level take that doesn't really apply her because her situation was so different than the normal.

• Love 2

People where mad here and the residency started! They ripped her to shreds and said the show looked like a drag queen show!

More, a couple of people who still lurk in here now in Britney’s defense, are the same people who wrote comments like “Obese Fatale Tour”, “Fat Fatale Tour” and more 

• Love 3

I personally did not like the Vegas show, but she did blow us away with her Billboard Music Awards performance in 2016. That was lit!

Also in the revamped show, she interacted more with the audience and sang "something t talk about: which was awesome! 

I wonder if she will ever talk about X-Factor too, I felt she was never into that show.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I was definitely waaaaay to hard om her.

On one hand I feel like it's justified due to her being such a professional, and it not living up to the standard at all.

I really struggled with the fact that Britney seemed completely fine om stage, in interviews etc. yet performed like she couldn't be bothered to be there for the last 13 years. Obviously we have waaaay more context now

Om the other hand yea it's really sad what she was going through. The fans both knowing something was wrong AND not loving her performances in addition to the cship and her not loving it herself must've been awful. :( 

I hon stly don't know how she got through those 13 years

• Love 2

I never judged her harshly during the FF era because it was VERY clear she was not ready to do a full on era again but by the time POM came around she seemed like she was getting back into the groove of things, obviously with what we know now she was physically trying as best she could and in hindsight I wish I wasn't as harsh on the show but it wasn't coming from a place of malice, I think for the most part, those of us that did criticise the show had the same mindset, we just wanted to see our fave actually enjoy being on stage again and the only time that really seemed to happen was during the revamp.

• Like 1

I still liked SOME of the wigs. Not all of them, but the short red-haired one was nice.  I thought "ITS VEGAS! Its okay to have some wigs and extravaganca". Im an actor myself so I totally just defended that decision. I may actually be embarrased I defended everything too much, but I still believe Britney somehow loved performing for us, it was all the extra **** she hated. 
If she could just have went out afterwards and had some drinks, or been able to go to the movies with her dancers, it would have been perfect for her life.

• Like 1

Actually she was pretty consistent for Vegas, She got a lot worse in the last year with all the tics and spastic moves and kinda lost her shape... She was far worse during Femme fatale. I mean i perfectly understand the reasons and I'm not blaming her but she wasn't horrible at all.

Anyway It's good that she thinks like that because even if she wasn't horrible It still was overall mediocre for her standards.

• Like 1

I neve made fun of  Britney, it was evident something is wrong. You can tell somedays she enjoyed herself and some she clearly didn't wanted to be there.

The only thing that saddens me is that, every time I saw her live, she possibly didn't wanted to be there, as it was under cship.

• Like 4

tbh ever since day one I thought POM was a million times better than FFT, so I didn't make fun of it. Even setlist-wise, though I'd prefer if there were more BJ and Glory tracks over the years, you just simply can't go wrong with Britney's greatest hits. 

I did complain about the wigs, because they looked bad, and as Britney herself said, they were limiting her movements, and it was evident. The "replace a Britney song with wig" hashtag that was trending topic one of the nights was pretty funny and probably the closest to making fun of her that I did, and I wasn't making fun of her, just of the whole situation of why her hair looked so good offstage but she clung to the wigs like her life depended on it at POM. 

But she just kept getting better over the years. The 2014 moments without wig were great, especially Brunetteney. 2015 was also great starting with Mermaidney and then following with the short hair.

2016 with POM 2.0 was just peak Britney during the entire conservatorship as we know. Then in 2017 she started to turn off again, but she was still great. I saw her in October 2017 and despite the panda makeup that everyone criticized, she looked beautiful in real person and the show was still very fun. The Asian Tour was also great.

POM Tour in 2018 that's when it started to become almost painful to see her onstage, because of how anxious she looked and all the nervous tics, and still she had some amazing moments especially with the new songs she was performing. 

idk, when you're a true fan everything your idol does looks iconic to your eyes, so I even started to like her pulling her ponytail and pulling up her trousers. 

I was so blinded or so selfish, that I was even looking forward to Domination and had tickets for February, I literally loved the rehearsal clips. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

tbh ever since day one I thought POM was a million times better than FFT, so I didn't make fun of it. Even setlist-wise, though I'd prefer if there were more BJ and Glory tracks over the years, you just simply can't go wrong with Britney's greatest hits. 

I did complain about the wigs, because they looked bad, and as Britney herself said, they were limiting her movements, and it was evident. The "replace a Britney song with wig" hashtag that was trending topic one of the nights was pretty funny and probably the closest to making fun of her that I did, and I wasn't making fun of her, just of the whole situation of why her hair looked so good offstage but she clung to the wigs like her life depended on it at POM. 

But she just kept getting better over the years. The 2014 moments without wig were great, especially Brunetteney. 2015 was also great starting with Mermaidney and then following with the short hair.

2016 with POM 2.0 was just peak Britney during the entire conservatorship as we know. Then in 2017 she started to turn off again, but she was still great. I saw her in October 2017 and despite the panda makeup that everyone criticized, she looked beautiful in real person and the show was still very fun. The Asian Tour was also great.

POM Tour in 2018 that's when it started to become almost painful to see her onstage, because of how anxious she looked and all the nervous tics, and still she had some amazing moments especially with the new songs she was performing. 

idk, when you're a true fan everything your idol does looks iconic to your eyes, so I even started to like her pulling her ponytail and pulling up her trousers. 

I was so blinded or so selfish, that I was even looking forward to Domination and had tickets for February, I literally loved the rehearsal clips. 

Very well said Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block