Tips on making your streams and purchases count for 'Hold Me Closer'

2 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

This inaccurate, a sale is a sale sweetie. If you buy a song it’s counted as 1 sale versus you have to stream a song a 100 times to count it as 1 sales. iTunes it’s more powerful if a lot of people buy.   

that's correct.

Also, radio airplay is the biggest factor. Hence why Mood Ring didn't even enter the BBH100. It didn't get airplay. You can buy and stream all you want but radio airplay is key.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Just because mood ring was number 2 doesn’t mean it sold anything, I think it only sold like 7k that week. It doesn’t take much to go number 1 on iTunes now, but bet your last dollar if a artist sells a 100k on iTunes it will show on the charts people just don’t buy when they can stream. My thing is we not big in streaming but we can make up for it in sales !

Nicki sold 89k with just iTunes! She was destine to debut at 1 

nicki had 2 versions to buy and they were only 0.69.

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

This is a spotify playlist, play this one with multiple accounts if you don't have one then make accounts it doesn't even require a proper email ID! 

Steps given below. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6G809Pl8f1gcMbvdXcIl7V?si=SBnTWd2MTrS8DHgWicUhlg&utm_source=copy-link

Play this playlist to make the streams count for the song! Do not MUTE the songs. 

You should add random old songs that there is no chance to do good these days

5 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Just because mood ring was number 2 doesn’t mean it sold anything, I think it only sold like 7k that week. It doesn’t take much to go number 1 on iTunes now, but bet your last dollar if a artist sells a 100k on iTunes it will show on the charts people just don’t buy when they can stream. My thing is we not big in streaming but we can make up for it in sales !

Nicki sold 89k with just iTunes! She was destine to debut at 1 

5 hours ago, TheSmasher said:

Being nr two on itunes is easy.. nr 2 doesnt mean 40 thousand sales..

u just need 3-4 thousand to get to nr 1 on itunes.

It wasn't just itunes, it literally appeared at #2 on the Digital Song Sales chart. It means that it sold more than the other 99 songs that made it to the BBH100 that week, and still it wasn't enough to even appear at the last position.

For example, that week, Solitaires by Future ft. Travis Scott was the #100. That song didn't even appear on the Digital Song Sales that week, so it was all thanks to the streaming or radio that it charted, unless they sold an extremely huge amount of physical sales if those even exist. 

So I'm not saying sales don't count, of course they will, but they would have to be massive to make a significant impact if there's not enough streaming, which remains the most important aspect these days. And radio, that's why I insist on radio too. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block