Tips on making your streams and purchases count for 'Hold Me Closer'

22 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

If ya'll need to make short playlist with 2 songs + HMC, use other Britney songs, for example Coupure Électrique and Let Me Be are both under 3 minutes. This way you're not throwing away streams. Also, do not mute spotify or your computer since those songs will not count as streams if they're muted. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I sometimes put a playlist of my own songs to help me with some streams and mute the thing, and in the "Spotify for Artists" those streams appear. Maybe cuz I'm not an international artist... but just more info to add :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

11 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Please don't confuse BB200 vs BBHOT100 - Buying albums count more than streaming for BB200, but for BBHOT100 streaming remains the most dominant factor on the Hot100 chart, followed by radio airplay and digital sales in descending order of significance. 

I’m from the UK, we need to work out what works out best for whatever country we’re in :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1
Just now, Freakshow__ said:

Found this on Google

"Spotify counts streams on repeat as long as that song has been listened to for 30 seconds or more before the song is played again. Spotify will count streams on repeat, as streams are not counted based on what song was streamed previously."

So... what's the tea :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

just add some BJ songs to your playlist and don't ask further questions :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

If we can buy a 50k or more on the iTunes side I’m sure we can debut in the top 10! We use to be so strong in buying her singles, I remember “hold it against me” sold over 400k in the first week alone just from iTunes. 

if can get remotely close to that we would debut at 1 

I think streaming is still more important, I mean sales too, but if I remember correctly, Mood Ring was like #2 in sales, but it wasn't enough to even make it to #100 in the BBH100 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Britney gets slightly more money if you stream on Apple Music over Spotify too, just FYI. 

We should focus on all the streaming platforms, but for the record Spotify is a better idea as Apple Music promotes more urban music. IF we are chart interested, ofc.

4 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

If we can buy a 50k or more on the iTunes side I’m sure we can debut in the top 10! We use to be so strong in buying her singles, I remember “hold it against me” sold over 400k in the first week alone just from iTunes. 

if can get remotely close to that we would debut at 1 

that would count as 5 million streams it would def help plus radio plus streaming 

2 minutes ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

We should focus on all the streaming platforms, but for the record Spotify is a better idea as Apple Music promotes more urban music. IF we are chart interested, ofc.

Streams count on both the same.. apple music just gives more money to britney and elton for each stream

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block