Tips on making your streams and purchases count for 'Hold Me Closer'

48 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It wasn't just itunes, it literally appeared at #2 on the Digital Song Sales chart. It means that it sold more than the other 99 songs that made it to the BBH100 that week, and still it wasn't enough to even appear at the last position.

For example, that week, Solitaires by Future ft. Travis Scott was the #100. That song didn't even appear on the Digital Song Sales that week, so it was all thanks to the streaming or radio that it charted, unless they sold an extremely huge amount of physical sales if those even exist. 

So I'm not saying sales don't count, of course they will, but they would have to be massive to make a significant impact if there's not enough streaming, which remains the most important aspect these days. And radio, that's why I insist on radio too. 

The reason Travis & future appear because it was a huge amount of streams that equal enough to get on the charts, nobody brought the songs but they had huge streaming. Again you can sell 5k on iTunes & be number 1 for the week on the digital sales chart. Nobody purchase songs. 100k is way different than 7k mood ring did. I guarantee if she sold a 100k she would appear high on the charts 

she didn’t beat the people on the hot 100 because even tho she sold more physically their streams sales came to be more than her physical 

Dont know if this has been asked. But does using a VPN in US on iOS with spotify app on iphone count the streams towards US? I still see NMF NL when I open my spotify.

Sinice it will probably wont do all that well in my flop home country anyways I think (she rarely does since FF) Maybe Elton helps though. But I’d rather help her get that US BB100 #1.

7 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I was being a flop playing the song on a repeat loop but then saw this thread that it doesn't count 

Then I realised I live in Europe so my now 3-song playslist will prob only count for my national flop chart, and same goes when I buy in Itunes 

This is so annoying  :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

it'll still help it on the global spotify chart!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block