Make Me music video rollout - what was the (extra) sloppiness from the CONs about?

I just remember how icky, forced and uncomfortable it all felt and how people would take it as an insult towards Britney, but her discomfort was contagious.  I can sincerely say, it was difficult for me to watch the video in its entirety. I can say that such discomfort started as soon as she was placed under the legal slavery scheme and continued growing steadily, until it became kind of unbearable around the Glory era, in spite of me actually enjoying the Glory album.

I also think conspiracy theories, sometimes, are full of truth.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

people would've gone crazy if the song was dropped in May but no video until August. They could've dropped another song though, but again, everything was very confusing.

In one hand there were people saying Britney was not happy with the video, because of the behind the scenes footage, and that's why it got cut. We now say it was her team that didn't like the concept.

You imply it might be the team not liking the song, but in this interview Britney said "her manager" comes into play there

I think we'll never know until someone asks her directly about what was going on at the time. I think it was a combination of just this huge incompetence of her team who knows nothing about music, and the record label which also seemed very lost and outdated in their ideas. They insisted so much to make MM happen, but radio stations kept rejecting it.

They tried with the VMAs remix, and the radio stations still were like, nope. So instead of just releasing a new single, they were like, no more singles. And we got nothing until Slumber Party in November (which wasn't even released as a proper single, just got that remix EP later on).

She was so relaxed in this video! So was the entire Glory era. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

You imply it might be the team not liking the song, but in this interview Britney said "her manager" comes into play there

Her team always acts so weird with B’s music…when she is a writer or producer. Like you said, from Glory…just two singles? And there was so much sloppiness with MM rollout. At this point Britney was selling out in Vegas and had landed a $35mm guarantee for the next year of shows. I get the sense that her team didn’t want her to release any new content bc her earnings were maxed out and her team would think creating new content was “a waste”

another conspiracy theory I have is that during the CON B always used those silly voice filters bc they didn’t want fans to make music with her vocals.

like this…

^^Im always impressed with how effing talented B Stan’s are.

10 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I don't think anybody has seen his edit?

This makes me realize all the more what a cool and s.exy album this could have been. An 18 min video?? Yesss please.

and all of this was happening Right after Lemonade disrupted the traditional music launch model. An 18 min music video would have been devouredddd.

2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

This makes me realize all the more what a cool and s.exy album this could have been. An 18 min video?? Yesss please.

and all of this was happening after Right after Lemonade disrupted the traditional music launch model. An 18 min music video would have been devouredddd.

I remember the rumours about it being 18 minutes but I don't think that's ever been confirmed by David himself. I'm also not convinced that her team or RCA would ever have approved an 18 minute music video, unless it was released later as an extended version. Perhaps that could be another reason why it didn't work out, because RCA wouldn't release a video that long without a shorter edit and David refused to cut down his vision.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

The song and video were consistently announced to be released in May 2016.

On April 11, 2016, Britney released exclusive news that she will shoot the video for her new single, "Make Me..." on the next Monday, and both will be released four weeks later when editing is completed. She says “The concept for the video is all set."

On May 11, 2016, Sony Music Germany confirmed the release of 'Make Me...'.

On May 12, 2016, it was confirmed that Britney would be debuting her single on May 22, 2016, at the Billboard Music Awards 2016, and performing a medley of her other hits.

On May 18, 2016, four days before the expected release date, press announced that the single had been delayed for a later summer release due to production difficulties, leaving fans upset.

I hope you won't take this offensive for me to say that but not a single thing about this list is correct. 100% wrong.

Again I'm not being mean but none of that is true.

4 minutes ago, Alio said:

I hope you won't take this offensive for me to say that but not a single thing about this list is correct. 100% wrong.

Again I'm not being mean but none of that is true.

Haha! Absolutely no offense taken! I took this from a fan wiki which I’ve found historically pretty accurate…but if you have a different recollection I’d love to hear it.

2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Haha! Absolutely no offense taken! I took this from a fan wiki which I’ve found historically pretty accurate…but if you have a different recollection I’d love to hear it.

Well, first it was decided pretty early on that the Billboard performance was for Vegas and it will not have the new single performance included. Secondly, and most importantly, the delay of the release of the song has nothing to do with the music video being cancelled. The delay for the release of the song was decided months in advance. The reason was RCA already had two smash hits written by Max Martin with Justin Timberlake and Pink. They thought it was too much at the same time for the POP audience and decided to push the release of Britney's song for later in the summer since it was more mid-tempo. Unfortunatly some people who didn't have the correct informations went to the media and started telling everyone Britney's come back was in may for the Billboard awards..wich was not true and to this day fans still believe what those people said and I think it's fair to tell now that it was not a last minute change. Therefore it's pretty obvious Britney never announced the release of the video in May. (I was working at Sony music in Paris when all this happened but I really don't want to talk about my life here.)

Now when it comes to the music video that's a last minute change ! But I don't have informations about this, trust me I tried to get some infos but ended up with nothing which gave the impression that it was not RCA's fault but more her team or Britney herself's decision... but this is not something I know it's just a guess. Hope these little informations can help.

:) 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, Alio said:

Secondly, and most importantly, the delay of the release of the song has nothing to do with the music video being cancelled.

This is great color. TBH I find the delay of the song more interesting than the delay of the video.  It made sense for MM to be released at the billboard awards in May or at the 2016 VMAs (in late August). The quiet drop in mid July seems like an odd choice IMO…and Glory wasn’t even announced yet 

The date of the song release is what seems extra sloppy to me (even for B’s team)

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

This is great color. TBH I find the delay of the song more interesting than the delay of the video.  It made sense for MM to be released at the billboard awards in May or at the 2016 VMAs (in late August). The quiet drop in mid July seems like an odd choice IMO…and Glory wasn’t even announced yet 

The date of the song release is what seems extra sloppy to me (even for B’s team)

I actually have a funny story about this and it's the first time I'm telling this.

Back in may 2016 Exhale was going absolutly crazy with all those rumors and people were quite agressive and passionate. It was vey busy ! Everyday there was like hundreds of comments analyzing every single detail of each rumor...and one day BOOM someone, and I don't know who that person was, created an account and wrote a comment like "stop calling the song "Make me oooh" it's "Make me" and it's featuring G-eazy and it's for this summer. And because I had these informations I read that and I was shocked someone said it :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what: but guess what ? NO ONE paid attention to it, no one. No likes, no dislikes, no heart, nothing, no one reacted to that comment when at the very same time people were going crazy on a very busy Exhale. That was so fustrating and I was like : Coooome on guys look it's right there ! To this day I find it funny no one cared. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Alio said:

hundreds of comments analyzing every single detail of each rumor...and one day BOOM someone, and I don't know who that person was, created an account and wrote a comment like "stop calling the song "Make me oooh" it's "Make me" and it's featuring G-eazy and it's for this summer.

:makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Haha...a burner account trying to slip inside info and everyone ignores it

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, Darec said:

I always found it curious how she was being recorded on the monitors, the cage, and so many men with her, the destruction of the house. I always thought that the video that was supposed to be the original one revealed many clues and hints, even the pictures hide many clues, the chains, how she is tied to the house with those chains and how below is an ear ( they are listening to everything ).. 

If you search ''Eden resident'', you can see that it says is a crossword puzzle clue. Find the answer to the crossword clue Eden resident. But also the name Eden, brings back memories of how it is close to the name ''Edan''.

I know I sound crazy :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking:, but this video has always seemed like a puzzle that I wanted us to find answers to, She is very smart and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the initial idea. But that's just my guess, don't take my word for it.

1.png2.jpg

Isn't it rather Eden as in garden of Eden which fits to cherubin, which is a word for angel. I guess it's just a funny play of words with connection to a wonderful place like heaven.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I would argue that this is nowhere near the final edit.

We've yet to see the finished version.

This one is clearly missing scenes.

I agree :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: although I believe there's no final edit since they probably cancelled production or whatever on this video before there was a finished product. By now, we would have had it posted online or leaked or something. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Her team always acts so weird with B’s music…when she is a writer or producer. Like you said, from Glory…just two singles? And there was so much sloppiness with MM rollout. At this point Britney was selling out in Vegas and had landed a $35mm guarantee for the next year of shows. I get the sense that her team didn’t want her to release any new content bc her earnings were maxed out and her team would think creating new content was “a waste”

another conspiracy theory I have is that during the CON B always used those silly voice filters bc they didn’t want fans to make music with her vocals.

like this…

^^Im always impressed with how effing talented B Stan’s are.

another theory was that because Britney was much more involved with this record, they just wanted it to fail so they could be like "see? when we do things your way it doesn't work out" 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block