Make Me music video rollout - what was the (extra) sloppiness from the CONs about?

6 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

this unfortunately makes a lot of sense

considering some stuff Alex Vlasov told in that IG Live with FBLA, it's their exact Modus Operandi.

Plus I'll always remember that leaked "Alien without autotune" that was actually the album version of Alien autotuned to hell in the wrong key 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, Darec said:

I always found it curious how she was being recorded on the monitors, the cage, and so many men with her, the destruction of the house. I always thought that the video that was supposed to be the original one revealed many clues and hints, even the pictures hide many clues, the chains, how she is tied to the house with those chains and how below is an ear ( they are listening to everything ).. 

If you search ''Eden resident'', you can see that it says is a crossword puzzle clue. Find the answer to the crossword clue Eden resident. But also the name Eden, brings back memories of how it is close to the name ''Edan''.

I know I sound crazy :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking:, but this video has always seemed like a puzzle that I wanted us to find answers to, She is very smart and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the initial idea. But that's just my guess, don't take my word for it.

1.png2.jpg

Cheriban services im almost positive is the giant production company max martin is apart of....

I definitely think B wanted the original video but when her "team" saw a) the hidden meanings and b) overly ***ual tones they were afraid that parents would alienate her and bring down her Vegas sales.  They never intended for multiple singles besides the 2 that were released -- everyone's main goal was to collect the money her Vegas and world tour was doing.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Alio said:

Secondly, and most importantly, the delay of the release of the song has nothing to do with the music video being cancelled.

4 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

TBH I find the delay of the song more interesting than the delay of the video.

Thinking about this more. The release of MM (song) was CLASSIC CON sloppiness. After making everyone wait bc the May release date was delayed, the song airs on one radio station in New Orleans with just a few hours notice?? and it isnt even available online yet! C'mon, what are yall paying yourselves millions of dollars for--for a release as botched as this ?

Screenshot-2022-07-06-161622.png

^^This was the entirety of the announcement for the song release

22 hours ago, Richie said:

But some things remain a mistery, specially what britney thinks of David LaChapelle, we were told by David SHE didn't like it.

He really said that? Where? All I remember David said is some ambiguous comments about how britney wanted to shoot scenes in a cage. But I cannot recall specifically that he said B didnt like the mv. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

22 hours ago, Richie said:

Yet she is having the worst time on set (at least on that video on the bulldozer)

This is what we have been believing all these years but, after reflecting a little about that incident, maybe she never meant to "scream" to David, maybe her anger was towards her own team. 

22 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Yeah! But B clearly liked the MM original video. It seems like she might have been p.issed at LaChappelle for muddling down the message of MM. the original cut we get April 2019 is more emotional and raw than LaChapelle’s cut. David even says about the leaked version “this is not my edit”…that’s what makes me believe this is Britney’s edit.

I dont think this was the reason tbh. When making a music video, as far as I know, it takes days and weeks to specifically discuss with the director what vision and type of visuals you would like to use. And knowing how diva David L. is, he must have requested such things beforehand. 

At the time I used to blame her label, but after the freebritney thing, is quite obvious and evident her team is involved and responsible for the make me mv mess. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Thinking about this more. The release of MM (song) was CLASSIC CON sloppiness. After making everyone wait bc the May release date was delayed, the song airs on one radio station in New Orleans with just a few hours notice?? and it isnt even available online yet! C'mon, what are yall paying yourselves millions of dollars for--for a release as botched as this ?

Screenshot-2022-07-06-161622.png

^^This was the entirety of the announcement for the song release

I understand it was very fustrating to let the fans think the song will be released very soon when we knew it was not going to be released before late in the summer. Just like you I wanted them to make everything clear publicly but you know fustration is amazing for commercial reasons. For exemple look how this fanbase is obsessed with Rebellion and at the time they don't give  a damn about a random filler track on an album...see the fustration and the mystery makes wonder to make people passionate. It sucks but that's the game and trust me they know what they're doing. 

I agree they could have had a better anouncement but remember it was pretty messy back then with the video being cancelled as the first clips of it leaked online just like the song itself leaked. Dealing with this is not what a label likes.

Now when it comes to the music video I have to disagree with what is being said on this thread, not that I have serious informations but based on my experience. You know a music video like this one took weeks and weeks to organize, many meetings and everything was decided in advance. Papers were signed and almost every frame was validated. Brands were involved for sponsoring. Dozens if not hundreds of people worked on this project and at least 5 different important people had to give their approval before filming the first shot. So it is my PERSONAL opinion to believe that Britney and her team knew exactly what they were doing when they shot the video.

Now there two possibilty for me :

A. Britney/her team had a serious argument with David during the shooting and Britnye said 'I don't want to have nothing to do with that b1tch" and didn't finish filming all scenes.

B. Everything was shot but when they watched it, Britney and her team were like "mmmh David that's not what we agreed on, can you change this and that" and David Lachapelle being the (very talented) diva he is told them "screw you".

In conclusion I PERSONALLY think the video was not really the problem but more human relations, I mean, guys, everything was approved in advance from the cage to the magenta glitters all over her body...there's no such thing as "oh my team is busy eating at the buffet come on quick let's film me in my secret cage I brought to tell the world I'm caught in a legal conservatorship"...no that's not how things work.

PS : 95% of people working in the entertainment industry are not paid millions :wink_britney_everytime_white::eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: I wish though :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, Alio said:

see the fustration and the mystery makes wonder to make people passionate. It sucks but that's the game and trust me they know what they're doing. 

I 💯% agree…but that’s why I find it so interesting (and sloppy) for the song to drop mid July with ZERO fan fare or announcement.

Perez Hilton “leaks” 2 seconds of the audio and the CONs rush forward with the sloppiest Britney debut in history? In my opinion, this launch was a major detriment to Sony/RCA. I understand creating mystery to increase demand of a song…but I would argue the lack of fan fare and promotion for (seemingly surprise) July drop of MM (the leadddd single) hurt album sales…so Sony/RCA would be hurt, not helped by this weird CON sloppiness

• Like 1

There were lots of rumors at the time. One was that Britney was dating one of the dancers and they broke up so they scrapped the video. The more popular one piggy backs off of the Work B video, where people determined Britney felt uncomfortable with how ***ualized the video was. I personally never believed that theory. This video has her personality written all over it lol

Two years ago an insider said David’s original cut was 18 minutes but RCA said a video that long wouldn’t fare well with todays audience and streaming, so they demanded a shorter version. This is supposedly the version we have. David then said he didn’t want his work being compromised. Either his cut is released or he’s dropping from the project. This is then when “Britney” said she didn’t like the video and a hasty reshoot was done

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Two years ago an insider said David’s original cut was 18 minutes but RCA said a video that long wouldn’t fare well with todays audience and streaming, so they demanded a shorter version.

I wish I knew how the music industry worked. Because (1) an 18 min video would have slayyyyed after lemonade; (2) how much power does LaChappelle have for artistic integrity (“Either his cut is released or he’s dropping from the project.”) We KNOW B was never given this artistic latitude, so why would LaChapelle? (3) The Budget! An 18 min video I assume requires a much larger budget  than a 3 min video. So the music label prepaid for this massive video and then LaChapelle says “No”?…that is difficult to believe.

I agree with what @Alio said about a mgmt teams. I think Team CON royally f.ucked up this launch by accident or on purpose, which eventually was to the detriment of the entire Album…I mean, this was the leaddd single. B’s team even did a better job with Blackout (&and handling the legit leaks) and it seems like Larry was actively sabotaging that album. 

On 7/5/2022 at 9:41 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

There's no way the original version didn't have something to do with a car.

We see a wrecked car in the original album artwork...We also see the car driving though the desert in the original footage. 

I'm sure she had a huge deal with BMW that fell through and all they got was the lame (and honestly, so lame for someone to promote a vehicle who isn't allowed to drive) scene of her in the official video.

Could have something to do with the lackluster promo as well? They could've possibly lost a lot of funding that the record label wasn't willing to dish out?? Idk.

AND @RebellionSparkles love love love this thread. It's been a great read!!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Alio said:

In conclusion I PERSONALLY think the video was not really the problem but more human relations, I mean, guys, everything was approved in advance from the cage to the magenta glitters all over her body...there's no such thing as "oh my team is busy eating at the buffet come on quick let's film me in my secret cage I brought to tell the world I'm caught in a legal conservatorship"...no that's not how things work.

My family works in the industry and this is FACTS. Which makes it all the more of a puzzle.

Team CON had to 100% approve of everything before filming even started. 

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Maybe we'll get a Glory/MM Music Video chapter in B's new book? :P

• Love 3
On 7/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

It seemed like they were going to scrap the song. But then randomly in July the song drops and a rushed music video and album announcement quickly follows.

It was supposed to go in may for billboard but they decide to add G easy last minute. THEN they shot the video, scrapped and filmed the second video a few days after the song was released. MESS

• Love 1

Team con blatantly enjoyed bullying her and keeping her in her place. 

Britney wrote on IG, how they threw away a book of poems after she came back from vacation. 

They treated her like a dead icon. All the new material post FF doesn’t matter to them. 

Cue, Larry “it just didn’t work”. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Love 2
On 7/5/2022 at 11:28 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

I would argue that this is nowhere near the final edit.

We've yet to see the finished version.

This one is clearly missing scenes.

Also the VFX aren’t finished in the basement or in the pool, or on the TV 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Fizzmeister said:

My family works in the industry and this is FACTS. Which makes it all the more of a puzzle.

Team CON had to 100% approve of everything before filming even started. 

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Maybe we'll get a Glory/MM Music Video chapter in B's new book? :P

Maybe team con were so stupid it took them a minute to realise what it all meant  

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block