Make Me music video rollout - what was the (extra) sloppiness from the CONs about?

Aside from this messy and awfully managed album launch, I believe the general strategy throughout those 13+ years was to low key sabotage her music career to lower interest from the general public around Britney and her life (which could have raised questions and compromised the conservatorship), while focusing on making millions from the loyal fanbase who were just happy with being fed regular albums and Vegas gigs.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Fizzmeister said:

I'm sure she had a huge deal with BMW that fell through and all they got was the lame (and honestly, so lame for someone to promote a vehicle who isn't allowed to drive) scene of her in the official video.

Could have something to do with the lackluster promo as well? They could've possibly lost a lot of funding that the record label wasn't willing to dish out?? Idk.

AND @RebellionSparkles love love love this thread. It's been a great read!!

What makes me laugh is that in the Disney version of the video, the car can be seen on the video monitors a ridiculous amount of times...Almost as if Britney was sour about the product placement, and decided to make the car and the EOS lip balm the star of the show.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just taking these screen caps made me rage.

My goodness, do I ever hate this video.  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 2
On 7/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, Mx_Defying said:

The article you are referring to was published in the New York Times on May 4, 2016.

May 11th, 2016:

"On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Durhamlau <durhamlau@gmail.com <mailto:durhamlau@gmail.com>> wrote: >

I was waiting for Britney to give me something good for this response. And she did! Her Instagram is too good. > > She is a poor soccer kid who wanted to quit the game and be normal a long time ago, but her parents/manager/lawyers won't let because she is too much of a cash cow. > > Now she's just accepted this lifestyle (just like Lucky...you may remember this top hit from her Oops I Did It Again) > > > Also, I do recognize that as a fan, I'm probably not helping her. So torn" -

leaked DNC e-mails on Wikileaks

So a leader of the DNC knew about the CON.

I feel like Hillary Clinton did too remember the picture Britney and team con took with her? The government knows all about Britney they did nothing!

• Like 1

I think the original video was too much for Jamie and the holy rollers that were profiting from her to handle. They were very clearly censoring her ***uality, as seen by how she likes to freely show off her body on insta now.  They made a stink and the video was scrapped. I don’t think it’s more than that tbh. Let’s recall that during this era Jamie wasn’t as involved, and Brian was. I can very well see Jamie being angry over the video. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block