Make Me music video rollout - what was the (extra) sloppiness from the CONs about?

And then there was the rumor (a recent one, actually) that the original cut (I’m assuming that’s David’s) had 18 minutes but her label didn't think it would have many views cause the audience doesn’t watch videos that long anymore, something like that 

It was a insider (a reliable one) on Twitter who said it. His name is Adam.

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/789881-the-original-make-me-video-is-rumored-to-be-18-minutes-long-and-exists-director-david-lachapelle-says-could-be-true/

• Love 3
  • Like 1

There's no way the original version didn't have something to do with a car.

We see a wrecked car in the original album artwork...We also see the car driving though the desert in the original footage. 

There are still entire scenes missing...Including how G-Eazy is introduced. There's no way he would just randomly appear in the house, bed her down, and then disappear. 

:wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

No.

David's cut hasn't leaked yet...He has a certain aesthetic to his work, and we haven't seen it yet.

We'll know when David's cut leaks because we'll all be shook. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Hope that leaks one day :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

There is a video called "Heaven" produced by him and It is a piece of art!

The singer is Daphne Guinness. This video MAKE ME :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:  dream about what could have been...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

On a recent podcast (I think Original Doll) someone discussed G Eazy getting the call from Britney and he said they were on tour in Australia at the time, but they dropped everything and recorded the song ASAP…so maybe he was delayed for the video, but the song was recorded and ready by May.

obvs in retrospect it’s clear why the CONs hated the original video…but then why not just release the song? They eventually re-do the video a few hours after the song drops…so it seems like annoying CON nonsense that the song randomly drops in July.

people would've gone crazy if the song was dropped in May but no video until August. They could've dropped another song though, but again, everything was very confusing.

In one hand there were people saying Britney was not happy with the video, because of the behind the scenes footage, and that's why it got cut. We now say it was her team that didn't like the concept.

You imply it might be the team not liking the song, but in this interview Britney said "her manager" comes into play there

I think we'll never know until someone asks her directly about what was going on at the time. I think it was a combination of just this huge incompetence of her team who knows nothing about music, and the record label which also seemed very lost and outdated in their ideas. They insisted so much to make MM happen, but radio stations kept rejecting it.

They tried with the VMAs remix, and the radio stations still were like, nope. So instead of just releasing a new single, they were like, no more singles. And we got nothing until Slumber Party in November (which wasn't even released as a proper single, just got that remix EP later on).

• Love 5
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think we'll never know until someone asks her directly about what was going on at the time. I think it was a combination of just this huge incompetence of her team who knows nothing about music, and the record label which also seemed very lost and outdated in their ideas. They insisted so much to make MM happen, but radio stations kept rejecting

Yes! It was a very weird rollout…no coordination between fans, media, and radio. It was the sloppy nadir of the CON IMHO

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

They tried with the VMAs remix, and the radio stations still were like, nope. So instead of just releasing a new single, they were like, no more singles. And we got nothing until Slumber Party in November (which wasn't even released as a proper single, just got that remix EP later on).

Yass…this was a good great song and music video…the B Team CON managed to ruin to the song and the visuals somehow

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Yeah it’s her team that didn’t like it for sure. I guess the make me video potentially represents when TriStar started to take over the CON. In 2016 there were also legit articles about “is Britney ready to stand on her own?”…it’s like Trump being in the White House emboldened the evangelical half of the CONs.

The article you are referring to was published in the New York Times on May 4, 2016.

May 11th, 2016:

"On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Durhamlau <durhamlau@gmail.com <mailto:durhamlau@gmail.com>> wrote: >

I was waiting for Britney to give me something good for this response. And she did! Her Instagram is too good. > > She is a poor soccer kid who wanted to quit the game and be normal a long time ago, but her parents/manager/lawyers won't let because she is too much of a cash cow. > > Now she's just accepted this lifestyle (just like Lucky...you may remember this top hit from her Oops I Did It Again) > > > Also, I do recognize that as a fan, I'm probably not helping her. So torn" -

leaked DNC e-mails on Wikileaks

So a leader of the DNC knew about the CON.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mx_Defying said:

The article you are referring to was published in the New York Times on May 4, 2016.

May 11th, 2016:

"On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Durhamlau <durhamlau@gmail.com <mailto:durhamlau@gmail.com>> wrote: >

I was waiting for Britney to give me something good for this response. And she did! Her Instagram is too good. > > She is a poor soccer kid who wanted to quit the game and be normal a long time ago, but her parents/manager/lawyers won't let because she is too much of a cash cow. > > Now she's just accepted this lifestyle (just like Lucky...you may remember this top hit from her Oops I Did It Again) > > > Also, I do recognize that as a fan, I'm probably not helping her. So torn" -

leaked DNC e-mails on Wikileaks

So a leader of the DNC knew about the CON.

THIS has long been speculated…that politicians have used Britney Spears stories as smoke and mirrors to bury political stories. There are at least 2 interesting, well reputed sources that talk about how politicians have used the name “Britney Spears” to their advantage

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

THIS has long been speculated…that politicians have used Britney Spears stories as smoke and mirrors to bury political stories. There are at least 2 interesting, well reputed sources that talk about how politicians have used the name “Britney Spears” to their advantage

I'm Mrs. You Want A Piece Of Me
Trying and pissing me off
Well get in line with the paparazzi
Who's flipping me off
Hoping I'll resort to some havoc
End up settling in court
Now are you sure you want a piece of me? (you want a piece of me)

• Love 2

Honestly, my grand conspiracy theory was that Britney was institutionalized in 2016 against her will.

i feel safe making this (completely unsubstantiated statement) bc I think the B stan community is in reality very insulated from Conspiracy theorists…y’all even troll Godney herself when she tries to say “this is the first time of Me taking a pic with my hands on my face”😝 The point being, the Britney information structure is very advanced…even Britney can’t start a conspiracy theory. 😄

*Bonus conspiracy theory: BaNon is 5 humans and thousands of bots. COCKY is either a paid representative of a disinformation campaign or is racially motivated (he really doesn’t like Sam A. And Rosengart 🧐)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

The powers that be definitely didn't want the pop princess dating an Afghan immigrant in 2007 during the height of the War on Terror. Also, it is very suspicious that Florida republican Matt Gaetz was dispatched to the Los Angeles, California #freebritney rally after his trafficking case came out AND he was given a platform. 

Plus, a conspiracy Britney was in cahoots with President Bush.

https://twitter.com/Mx_Defying/status/1505231879221436417?s=20&t=RDAmRTVf07Zlt5ZAz5z-0w

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Honestly, my grand conspiracy theory was that Britney was institutionalized in 2016 against her will.

i feel safe making this (completely unsubstantiated statement) bc I think the B stan community is in reality very insulated from Conspiracy theorists…y’all even troll Godney herself when she tries to say “this is the first time of Me taking a pic with my hands on my face”😝 The point being, the Britney information structure is very advanced…even Britney can’t start a conspiracy theory. 😄

*Bonus conspiracy theory: BaNon is 5 humans and thousands of bots. COCKY is either a paid representative of a disinformation campaign or is racially motivated (he really doesn’t like Sam A. And Rosengart 🧐)

Cocky is both. He cherry picks like a ****. Also, that Pepsi rumor worked like a charm.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Lambyspoet said something about her being grounded or in house arrest as a punishment from Jamie during this time

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block