8 years ago today, JLo released her eight studio album, 'A.K.A.'. What do you remember?

29 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

I think the label was banking too hard on American Idol to give the album a push. Nah, the label has to put forth effort too!

I really feel! Everybody wanted her out, like she overextended her welcome. 

Don't forget Mariah Carey refused to give her the applause or standing ovation when she appeared on idol..

It was like nah, girl, you have no talent and coming here with a vocalist watching you. Yeah, I'm not gunna be polite..

AKA was an amazing album. I still listen to the super-deluxe edition cover to cover at least once a month. 
:jamie_lynn_grape:

“So Good” “Tens” “First Love” “AKA” “Let it Be Me”???? All SUCH bops. 

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Praying this gets a 10 year anniversary vinyl release, but it doesn’t seem like vinyl releases are her biggest priority right now… 

This was an era of misstep after misstep.

She was clearly surrounded by people afraid to tell her no, or when something sucks, because I Luh Ya Papi should have NEVER been recorded, let alone a single (and the lead one at that).

You need a bop out the gate.

For how gay the video for I Luh Ya Papi's video was, she shoulda gone with Tens as the lead single. I mean she dropped the album during pride month for crying out loud!

Literally the best song on the album.

Booty woulda be a good follow up after that, with those two singles fitting the album cover.

Then finish the era with First Love.

Shoulda called the album TENS and this should have been the track list...

1. TENS
  2. Booty
  3. Troubeaux
  4. So Good
  5. Same Girl (Original without French Montana)
  6. Expertease (Ready Set Go)
  7. A.K.A.
  8. Emotions
  9. Never Satisfied
  10. Let It Be Me
  11. First Love

The potential for this album was there, but she just has a terrible team. 

We we're teased in 2013 with live it up, but her team went hip hop route, hate to say it, but her big Hits were Jlo and pitbull on the dance floor her last top 20 platinum hit I the Us was dance again with her is he her beard to protect his gay vibes Casper..

Casper had gay vibes rumors all over that relationship, what happened to him, he disappeared fast 

This came out the same day as Ultraviolence by lana del Rey and of course The debut album from Sam Smith who was inescapable in 2014 and also on capitol records, obviously the label had no interest in Jlo. But doing her a favor since island dropped her after island def jam discontinued.

Yeah it was doing you a favor to get out of a contract, but we never wanted you or asked to pick up your contract.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block