8 years ago today, JLo released her eight studio album, 'A.K.A.'. What do you remember?

Booty. 

I think I actually bought this album because I was obsessed with JLo. I rarely buy CDs and she was ranking up there with my obsession with Britney.  I even bought the 100.00 Love? special edition package. Crazy times! LOL I can't see myself spending that unheard of amount of money for an album. I'm all about iTunes Lossless digital albums (sad to say). I might get into vinyl one day, I don't know. I don't know where to buy a CD player anymore, haha. 

• Love 1

If we're goNna be honest, once Tommy Motorola left Sony Music entertainment, Jlo saw her success slip, rebirth was her first flop and it was her first album without Tommy Motorola.

So it was inevitable she was gonna flop! And it couldn't have come at a better time, Mariah Carey on top of her game, and Jlo basically at this point was at the beginning of everything coming to an end. 

Film career and Music career basically slipped in 2005..

Even her Spanish album tanked.

JLo had a good run with “Love?” era in 2011 - 2013. It was strange that her label wasn’t able to carry over this newfound success to her follow up album AKA. Booty was a moderate success though.

At least, her highest grossing film more than made up for AKA’s failure that year. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

If we're goNna be honest, once Tommy Motorola left Sony Music entertainment, Jlo saw her success slip, rebirth was her first flop and it was her first album without Tommy Motorola.

Film career and Music career basically slipped in 2005..

I wouldn’t call Rebirth a flop. It sold 3M copies worldwide and scored her a hit with Get Right. The response in the US wasn’t as warm as it’s global success.  “Brave” was her flop era. Nothing was working out for her in 2006 to 2009.

More than a decade into her career, she finally scores her biggest hit ever with OTF. Even, movie-wise, her career started picking up again. Jennifer’s singles after “Love?” era may not have been huge but her YouTube views are all higher than her contemporaries. Not to mention, she’s signing cosmetic, fashion and skincare brand deals left and I right I can’t keep up. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block