What are some iconic songs you are shocked never reached the Billboard Hot 100 summit?

9 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:Backstreet Boys never had #1 song on BB100 despite being really really big around the millenium, their arguably biggest hit only topped at #6

Hung up charted atop of like 40 countries but only #7 on BB100 :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Aside other Britney songs, Gimme More was also really surprising, it played for months and months on radio all around the europe but only #3 on USA?  :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

I´d say lit any britney, madonna or Kylie song which didnt go no.1 .

but this lit shows how poisend by hip hop and r&b the us charts are...

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

True, but also Britney blew Christina out of the water with her album sales. Some may not agree with me, but Christina’s debut is more coherent as a record than Britney’s. I can listen to Christina’s debut from beginning to end and enjoy the entire experience while I force myself to enjoy all of BOMT. The singles are FANTASTIC as are a couple of additional songs, but the rest is filler that doesn’t blend well with the other songs 

Too many producers.

Max Martin and Eric Foster white, but i feel this is what happens when you fly to a different country. 

But i feel that's also a problem, Janet got a lot of flak for kept working with flytetyme by critics and naysayers, but the 18 consecutive hot 100 top tens say hello.

I feel this is why Madonna fans want Patrick Leonard and Stephen bray. 

Tje The bulk of the 80s is them.

True Blue and Like a Prayer have hits that are solidified and even Vegas Review on her best of albums states True Blue has hits that are like gems but also a diamond mine that no filler, every track could be a single, but the 80s definitely has albums like that since Thriller proved you can release virtually the whole album as singles and get the hits. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

Madonna fans don't want Mike dean or modern producers but that's a different story. 

Also they feel with her political stance, they want other writers with no involvement from her as they don't want dark but happy Music. 

But they feel that's the industry today. 

Nobody is happy with just being a live but the world is doom and ****. 

43 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Too many producers.

Max Martin and Eric Foster white, but i feel this is what happens when you fly to a different country. 

But i feel that's also a problem, Janet got a lot of flak for kept working with flytetyme by critics and naysayers, but the 18 consecutive hot 100 top tens say hello.

I feel this is why Madonna fans want Patrick Leonard and Stephen bray. 

Tje The bulk of the 80s is them.

True Blue and Like a Prayer have hits that are solidified and even Vegas Review on her best of albums states True Blue has hits that are like gems but also a diamond mine that no filler, every track could be a single, but the 80s definitely has albums like that since Thriller proved you can release virtually the whole album as singles and get the hits. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

Madonna fans don't want Mike dean or modern producers but that's a different story. 

Also they feel with her political stance, they want other writers with no involvement from her as they don't want dark but happy Music. 

But they feel that's the industry today. 

Nobody is happy with just being a live but the world is doom and ****. 

Different strokes for different folks 

11 hours ago, Rik said:

Stop it right now my song for 20 + years

it was so much fun making this video. @Blackout2006 is my pet dog at 50 seconds in the video that tries ratting me out! 

Love AM to PM! It was my jam when I was in grammar school!

But honestly, my favorite Christina Milian song has got to be the Kim Possible theme song 

Should have been a Billboard Hot 100 #1 tbh

• Love 1

Tbh the fact that Hung Up even went Top 10 in the US was an amazing feat when you consider that Madonna was basically shadowbanned in the US 2 years before Hung Up's release, and it was a dance-pop song released at a time when R&B and Hip Hop were the de facto genres on US radio. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Tbh the fact that Hung Up even went Top 10 in the US was an amazing feat when you consider that Madonna was basically shadowbanned in the US 2 years before Hung Up's release, and it was a dance-pop song released at a time when R&B and Hip Hop were the de facto genres on US radio. 

That was around the time that transitions were happening though and 2006 some of the top songs were pop songs like Unwritten, Promiscuous, Hips Don’t Lie. The song should’ve topped the charts based off mass appeal, but I don’t think genre had anything to do with it 

7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah I learned both English and Spanish equally growing up. My mom spoke to us in English and my dad in Spanish :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Lucky! You had it both ways at the same time. My great grandma used to baby sit me for my first 5 years and that’s when I basically only spoke Spanish. She passed away and I started school, so that’s when my Spanish started sucking. But whenever I’m feeling like I’m losing it, I’ll ask my mom and friends to only speak Spanish to me, and it starts coming back to me. I wish Spanish was second nature to me like when I was a kid. My mom tells me to start watching novelas but they are dramatic in the worse way haha

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Lucky! You had it both ways at the same time. My great grandma used to baby sit me for my first 5 years and that’s when I basically only spoke Spanish. She passed away and I started school, so that’s when my Spanish started sucking. But whenever I’m feeling like I’m losing it, I’ll ask my mom and friends to only speak Spanish to me, and it starts coming back to me. I wish Spanish was second nature to me like when I was a kid. My mom tells me to start watching novelas but they are dramatic in the worse way haha

Omg I used to enjoy them when I was a kid, but I couldn’t even imagine going back to watch them again. I’ve seen snippets of Telenovelas are Hell on YouTube and I was mad cringing the entire time :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block