What are some iconic songs you are shocked never reached the Billboard Hot 100 summit?

2 hours ago, King B. said:

wth? This word gets thrown around like people change their underwear.... nothing is iconic at all about her.

Naomi Campbell is judging you.

Seriously you're a hater 😂 she's very iconic in her own right. The original successful pop star to movIe star. She didn't have the biggest hits but she kept her name afloat and the longevity... No one can deny... I'm about to stream "have a little faith in me" from Mandy right now!

• Love 1
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Who remembers pressed Beyhive and little monsters getting the video age restricted on YouTube to prevent her from capitalizing on the streaming figures? :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Why don’t I remember this? :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I was always Team Inside Out but in retrospect, it’s been interesting to see the underdog track from FF gain ha flowers. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 1

Backstreet Boys I Want It That Way

Good Goo Dolls Iris

Britney Spears Gimme More

Numerous others. Unfortunately the methodology of of how they make the charts changes every couple years. I want it that way amd oops I did it again could have been number one but Jive records chose to sell fewer cd singles so the albums would sell more 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I don’t really care for them numbers, but it’s so confusing how Superbass, Starships, Anaconda, Do We Have A Problem didn’t make it to #1 :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I know Do We Have A Problem doesn’t have that Nicki lasting power, but it had everything to top the charts, especially the sales. It’s like the industry works against her. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Seriously you're a hater 😂 she's very iconic in her own right. The original successful pop star to movIe star. She didn't have the biggest hits but she kept her name afloat and the longevity... No one can deny... I'm about to stream "have a little faith in me" from Mandy right now!

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: I had to restrain myself. Exactly. The longevity is still here and she just wrapped on a very successful TV show after nearly two decades in the spotlight. Did you have the Coverage album too? :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

1 hour ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Why don’t I remember this? :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I was always Team Inside Out but in retrospect, it’s been interesting to see the underdog track from FF gain ha flowers. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Maybe you blocked out the trauma :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no: I wanted Inside Out as the 5th single and voted for Crimislay :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Edited by CrazyButItFeelsAllright
9 minutes ago, Style. said:

I don’t really care for them numbers, but it’s so confusing how Superbass, Starships, Anaconda, Do We Have A Problem didn’t make it to #1 :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I know Do We Have A Problem doesn’t have that Nicki lasting power, but it had everything to top the charts, especially the sales. It’s like the industry works against her. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Onika we all know DWHAP did not deserve the #1 over the other bops you mentioned. It should’ve topped by the metrics, but it still wouldn’t make sense considering the other huge songs that didn’t top. Va Va Voom should’ve been #1 :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Onika we all know DWHAP did not deserve the #1 over the other bops you mentioned. It should’ve topped by the metrics, but it still wouldn’t make sense considering the other huge songs that didn’t top. Va Va Voom should’ve been #1 :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Yeah, I know but it’s confusing tho. Give her the #1’s! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat: Va Va Voom is a whole bop but the music video is a mess. Remember how she didn’t like the video and got in a fight with the director but released it anyway? :roxxy: This bich has nerves :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Yeah, I know but it’s confusing tho. Give her the #1’s! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat: Va Va Voom is a whole bop but the music video is a mess. Remember how she didn’t like the video and got in a fight with the director but released it anyway? :roxxy: This bich has nerves :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

When I first saw it I was like what is this Disney ratchet mess? She looked stunning though :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: I remember campaigning for it to be a single and thought it wasn’t possible because it was a deluxe track :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Thalia feat Natti Natasha. Or anything Thalia. For some reason, she was rejected in the US.

This will always be my fave Thalia bop 

Well when she had her bigger hits, the charts were kinda ethnocentric and divided everything. She could’ve been singing Britney style pop songs and because she’s Mexican she would’ve been charting on the Latin or Mexican charts :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

When I first saw it I was like what is this Disney ratchet mess? She looked stunning though :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: I remember campaigning for it to be a single and thought it wasn’t possible because it was a deluxe track :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

She was a clown back then but I think everybody loved her back then. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Also, I was so confused how and why tf she releases song after song - one hip hop, next one pop, next one r&b. I didn’t pay attention to her like that, my eyes were ALL on my babe Brit. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

She was a clown back then but I think everybody loved her back then. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Also, I was so confused how and why tf she releases song after song - one hip hop, next one pop, next one r&b. I didn’t pay attention to her like that, my eyes were ALL on my babe Brit. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Wait you didn’t start stanning after Bed Rock? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block