What are some iconic songs you are shocked never reached the Billboard Hot 100 summit?

I knew you were trouble. By Taylor swift 

Die young (Came close, but sandy hook happened and radio Abandoned it giving it a fast death)

Shake it off By mimi

All that she wants by Ace of Base

Material girl 

Express yourself 

Cherish 

Causing a commotion 

Madonna all peaked at number two but given the iconic pop culture statuses, you'd think it did go number one. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Avenger said:

Mariah's debut singles going no 1, women did something there I'm telling you. She bribed people, idk but it was such a shocker to know. Such an average debut album and her most forgetful also. 

Also, I love mimi but I'm not delusional women lives for no 1s.

Mariah in 1990 is this generations Adele. She was something new and different in terms of what else was out at the time.

• Like 2

Easy.

1. Beyonce "XO" (peaked at No. 45)
  2. TIE: Nicki Minaj "Starships" (peaked at No. 5) and Super Bass (peaked at No. 3)
  3. Icona Pop "I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)" (peaked at No. 7)
  4. Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" (peaked at No. 2)
  5. TIE: Madonna "Ray Of Light" (peaked at No. 5) and Hung Up (peaked at No. 7)
  6. Christina Aguilera "Dirrty" (peaked at No. 48)
  7. Ariana Grande "Into You" (peaked at No. 13)
  8. Kylie Minogue "Love At First Sight" (peaked at No. 23)
  9. Gwen Stefani "What You Waiting For?" (peaked at No. 47)
  10. Britney Spears "Work *****h!" (peaked at No. 12)

BONUS:

1. Christina Millian "AM to PM" (peaked at No. 27)
  2. Mandy Moore "In My Pocket" (failed to chart; Bubbling Under the Hot 100 at No. 2)
  3. Alesso & Katy Perry "When I'm Gone" (peaked at No. 90)
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I knew you were trouble. By Taylor swift 

Die young (Came close, but sandy hook happened and radio Abandoned it giving it a fast death)

Shake it off By mimi

All that she wants by Ace of Base

Material girl 

Express yourself 

Cherish 

Causing a commotion 

Madonna all peaked at number two but given the iconic pop culture statuses, you'd think it did go number one. 

Agree with the first 5 songs you mentioned

57 minutes ago, Jacolicious said:

Easy.

1. Beyonce "XO" (peaked at No. 45)
  2. TIE: Nicki Minaj "Starships" (peaked at No. 5) and Super Bass (peaked at No. 3)
  3. Icona Pop "I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)" (peaked at No. 7)
  4. Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" (peaked at No. 2)
  5. TIE: Madonna "Ray Of Light" (peaked at No. 5) and Hung Up (peaked at No. 7)
  6. Christina Aguilera "Dirrty" (peaked at No. 48)
  7. Ariana Grande "Into You" (peaked at No. 13)
  8. Kylie Minogue "Love At First Sight" (peaked at No. 23)
  9. Gwen Stefani "What You Waiting For?" (peaked at No. 47)
  10. Britney Spears "Work *****h!" (peaked at No. 12)

BONUS:

1. Christina Millian "AM to PM" (peaked at No. 27)
  2. Mandy Moore "In My Pocket" (failed to chart; Bubbling Under the Hot 100 at No. 2)
  3. Alesso & Katy Perry "When I'm Gone" (peaked at No. 90)

OMG someone else knows AM to PM :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: was listening to that bop last month 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I had it on one of the NOW cd’s :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Early millenials birthday and xnas wish list 

Latest technology, cds and clothes that you hope wasn't hideous cos grandma preferred you dress her way when she visited you..

I wonder if kids or teens still have to do that forced, Grandma is coming so she gets your bed and you get the couch. 

Argue, okay stay with your brother who was 6 or 7 years younger, and that was tortue so couch is fine, but I'm using your master spa bath as a fair trade off..

Jive ficued, everything up, we know how xtina got more hits on her debut era, rca issued cd singles with b sides. 

Britney could have but what teen wants a 12" Vinyl just for remixes, everytime she went top ten, the single was issued way after the radio peak or in oops case, the album came out the same day.

Really dumb on their end. 

We know a blacklisting did happen during the Britney era which affected both album and radio, and the alienation of her younger fan base happened with that album and the whole did she say s** in the im a slave 4 U controversy didn't help.

Hearing moms say to 4 year old girls. This is what happens when you trade god for boys, you become a tramp like Britney. 

I heard that a lot. It felt wrong but the early noughties was known for anti ho anthems like nasty girl by dc. 

It was definitely a ttend to hate gorks described as loose, but men it's okay. 

They have needs girks can control their horniness unlike men, that was used a lot. 

37 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Jive ficued, everything up, we know how xtina got more hits on her debut era, rca issued cd singles with b sides. 

Britney could have but what teen wants a 12" Vinyl just for remixes, everytime she went top ten, the single was issued way after the radio peak or in oops case, the album came out the same day.

Really dumb on their end. 

We know a blacklisting did happen during the Britney era which affected both album and radio, and the alienation of her younger fan base happened with that album and the whole did she say s** in the im a slave 4 U controversy didn't help.

Hearing moms say to 4 year old girls. This is what happens when you trade god for boys, you become a tramp like Britney. 

I heard that a lot. It felt wrong but the early noughties was known for anti ho anthems like nasty girl by dc. 

It was definitely a ttend to hate gorks described as loose, but men it's okay. 

They have needs girks can control their horniness unlike men, that was used a lot. 

True, but also Britney blew Christina out of the water with her album sales. Some may not agree with me, but Christina’s debut is more coherent as a record than Britney’s. I can listen to Christina’s debut from beginning to end and enjoy the entire experience while I force myself to enjoy all of BOMT. The singles are FANTASTIC as are a couple of additional songs, but the rest is filler that doesn’t blend well with the other songs 

Edited by CrazyButItFeelsAllright
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block