Latto 'Big Energy' is Number 3 On the Hot 100! Mariah's possible 20th No 1!

Dunno how it would go #1. The original song might assuming it gets a ton of airplay, sales and streams or goes super viral or something, but the remix featuring Mariah almost certainly won't since the hype surrounding it died down after the 1st week. Mariah and her 19 #1s remain unbothered, though. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Dunno how it would go #1. The original song might assuming it gets a ton of airplay, sales and streams or goes super viral or something, but the remix featuring Mariah almost certainly won't since the hype surrounding it died down after the 1st week. Mariah and her 19 #1s remain unbothered, though. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

I mean… the song slaps but Will slapped harder 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol sorry. Cheap joke. I think people have been distracted for the past 8 days

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, PCROBERTO said:

I don't know who wrote this post but boy Mariah is actually giving a great push to the song. She has the legacy and longevity  that many new girls will never have, she’s on top of the game and I’m not only talking about charts, she’s a living legend and she doesn’t need to cheat to get a number one. 
Like it or not she can do a collab on the song because she made that sample famous even tho isn’t originally hers and her vocals on that first verse sounds better than any current singer on the chart. 

Change your lipstick before commenting such a blasphemy. 

:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

3 hours ago, Stefani said:

I don't think you understand. If the single goes number 1 so does the remix, its all connected, I forgot when billboard changed these rules. 

4 hours ago, Stefani said:

Let's say you came out with a single called idk umm let's call it 'Flowers'. Flowers is your single and it debuted on the charts at number 65 first week. Then the next week it jumps to 25 then the next week it jumps to number 5. I'm currently going through my Katy Perry flop era where I haven't had a charted hit in years, I then ask you if I can hop on your song as a remix. Flowers remix is your single that is number 5 on the charts but its also now my single and when you look up my discography it says that this song is part of my hit list meaning im credited as an artist that has had a single that's top 5 on the charts. Next week the single goes number 1, your single flowers goes number 1 meaning you and I have both scored a number 1 record. My flop self came out of nowhere at the last minute to be featured on your song because I knew that it was going to go number 1, so now since billboard changed their rules I now have a number song on my list. That's what Nicki Minaj did with say so and it's what Mariah Carey is sorta doing. Get it? 

For example

spacer.png

spacer.png

@dritney @PCROBERTO :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

The remix and the original share points but if the remix does not get more points than the original during the tracking week then Mariah is not counted. The original has massive airplay so I don’t see Mariah getting credited. 

She will get credited, the song and the remix are as one on the charts. Remember when Lik nas x released a bunch of remixes to remain at number 1? They all counted as 1 song, the remixes are not separately charted. This should be a huge topic here on exhale, I thought people already knew about this. 

1 hour ago, Touch my Toto said:

She will get credited, the song and the remix are as one on the charts. Remember when Lik nas x released a bunch of remixes to remain at number 1? They all counted as 1 song, the remixes are not separately charted. This should be a huge topic here on exhale, I thought people already knew about this. 

They are counted as one but if the remix does not get more points than the original during the tracking week then billboard will not credit her. (Streaming, sales and airplay)..That’s why it is sitting at number 3 right now and does not say Mariahs name. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Touch my Toto said:

If the song goes number 1 she will get credit for it when in reality she just inserted her vocals last minute. It'll be her 20th number 1, it's not her song, it's Latto's. She will get credit and praises from the media IF it lands on number 1. 

The song is not going to #1, not a chance when Harry is about the dominate and will be staying at #1 for several weeks. I'm happy for Mariah though, a new top five is cute! Is she credited for it?

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block