Latto 'Big Energy' is Number 3 On the Hot 100! Mariah's possible 20th No 1!

30 minutes ago, Touch my Toto said:

It's crazy isn't it? But I don't think it will reach number 1 sadly. Even both artist are credited it's still a smash hit

well at this point, being a certified music legend that she is, Mimi has nothing left to prove regardless. I mean who else can have a concert based only on their #1 hits? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Touch my Toto said:

If the song goes number 1 she will get credit for it when in reality she just inserted her vocals last minute. It'll be her 20th number 1, it's not her song, it's Latto's. She will get credit and praises from the media IF it lands on number 1. 

She won’t because credit is only given if the remix outperforms the original. The original is the one with the most radio play and streams hence why she wasn’t credited. Also Harry is debuting at No. 1 and will more then likely stay there based off his streams. 

• Like 2
On 4/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, Touch my Toto said:

If the song goes number 1 she will get credit for it when in reality she just inserted her vocals last minute. It'll be her 20th number 1, it's not her song, it's Latto's. She will get credit and praises from the media IF it lands on number 1. 

But Latto sampled Mariah Carey in the original so Mariah didn’t jump on it. It’s success was based on the catchy beat which sampled Mariah Carey’s Fantasy beat, which sampled an 80s song. But the reason it’s successful is because for millennials it sounds familiar (bc of Carey) and also fresh for Gen Z. Let’s not act like Mariah jumped on this for a #1, Latto wanted her and idolized her which is why she sampled her in the first place. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Lisa88007 said:

But Latto sampled Mariah Carey in the original so Mariah didn’t jump on it. It’s success was based on the catchy beat which sampled Mariah Carey’s Fantasy beat, which sampled an 80s song. But the reason it’s successful is because for millennials it sounds familiar (bc of Carey) and also fresh for Gen Z. Let’s not act like Mariah jumped on this for a #1, Latto wanted her and idolized her which is why she sampled her in the first place. 

You right

Lolz y’all forgot that’s exactly how Britney got her #1 for S&M. It was chatting high already and Britney was added at the last minute and for credit. You could argue she helped push it to #1, but that’s what’s happening here too. 

also if I just heard this otherwise, I would have said this isn’t Mariah but a Mariah impersonator. Can’t believe she sounds like this lol

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, car said:

Lolz y’all forgot that’s exactly how Britney got her #1 for S&M. It was chatting high already and Britney was added at the last minute and for credit. You could argue she helped push it to #1, but that’s what’s happening here too. 

also if I just heard this otherwise, I would have said this isn’t Mariah but a Mariah impersonator. Can’t believe she sounds like this lol

It did hence why she WAS CREDITED. The remix has to outperform the original. What is so hard to grasp about this concept?! If the original outperforms remix no credit is given. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lisa88007 said:

No Latto sampled the original NOT Mariah. And Mariah definitely hoped on this for a no. 1. Love her but she’s quite vain and she’d give anything to tie or break The Beatles record much like when she hoped on Unforgettable a few years back when it was peaking in the top 10.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lex993 said:

It did hence why she WAS CREDITED. The remix has to outperform the original. What is so hard to grasp about this concept?! If the original outperforms remix no credit is given. 

Hmm from what I remember there weren’t TWO S&M entries on the billboard 100. Ie. the regular and the remix and the remix was outperforming the regular. It looked like Britney just got added to that one entry, which USED to be the regular. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block