Latto 'Big Energy' is Number 3 On the Hot 100! Mariah's possible 20th No 1!

16 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

They are counted as one but if the remix does not get more points than the original during the tracking week then billboard will not credit her. (Streaming, sales and airplay)..That’s why it is sitting at number 3 right now and does not say Mariahs name. 

But if it hits number 1 Mariah will be credited, it doesn't matter which song gets more streams. Both mixes are as one. Say so had that same treatment

2 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

The song is not going to #1, not a chance when Harry is about the dominate and will be staying at #1 for several weeks. I'm happy for Mariah though, a new top five is cute! Is she credited for it?

Remember when say so was doing fine on its own? Then Nicki Minaj hopped on it and it went number 1 then Nicki was credited as having a number 1 hit? That's what's gonna happen IF this song goes number 1, but you're right Harry styles has a huge following and will dominate. His fine self

Just now, Touch my Toto said:

Remember when say so was doing fine on its own? Then Nicki Minaj hopped on it and it went number 1 then Nicki was credited as having a number 1 hit? That's what's gonna happen IF this song goes number 1, but you're right Harry styles has a huge following and will dominate. His fine self

No sis, that's not how it works lol. Nicki was credited on the Say So remix because it outperformed the original in that week. Same with Beyonce on the Savage remix.

I just checked, and as it stands currently, Mariah is not credited. Similar thing happened with Cardi B this week. She's not credited for her guest feature on the remix of No Love with Summer Walker and SZA, because the original is outperforming.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

No sis, that's not how it works lol. Nicki was credited on the Say So remix because it outperformed the original in that week. Same with Beyonce on the Savage remix.

I just checked, and as it stands currently, Mariah is not credited. Similar thing happened with Cardi B this week. She's not credited for her guest feature on the remix of No Love with Summer Walker and SZA, because the original is outperforming.

It's going to appear like that on Billboards website but the songs are one, solo or remix feature, the chart position represents all mixes. 

Big Energyspacer.png

Savage

spacer.png

S&M

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Touch my Toto said:

Let's say you came out with a single called idk umm let's call it 'Flowers'. Flowers is your single and it debuted on the charts at number 65 first week. Then the next week it jumps to 25 then the next week it jumps to number 5. I'm currently going through my Katy Perry flop era where I haven't had a charted hit in years, I then ask you if I can hop on your song as a remix. Flowers remix is your single that is number 5 on the charts but its also now my single and when you look up my discography it says that this song is part of my hit list meaning im credited as an artist that has had a single that's top 5 on the charts. Next week the single goes number 1, your single flowers goes number 1 meaning you and I have both scored a number 1 record. My flop self came out of nowhere at the last minute to be featured on your song because I knew that it was going to go number 1, so now since billboard changed their rules I now have a number song on my list. That's what Nicki Minaj did with say so and it's what Mariah Carey is sorta doing. Get it? 

For example

spacer.png

spacer.png

@dritney @PCROBERTO :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

Yes, we get it.

Sometimes the artist helps get a song to number that may not have made it without the feature (think S&M ft. Brit Brit). Sometimes the artist jumps onto a song that was going to go number 1 with or without them (think Perfect ft. Beyoncé).

And SOMETIMES, a song will not go number 1 and an artist jumping onto a remix will not get it there. This is the case.

Mariah is a legacy artist and a lot of her fans are downloaders (as opposed to heavy streamers). Release week was their best chance at a number 1.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Touch my Toto said:

The songs are one, solo or remix feature, the chart position represents all mixesspacer.png

Sis you aren't understanding :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: For Billboard currently she is NOT credited as the original is outperforming. That's just a Wiki screenshot lol, and hence why it says solo OR remix. and is there to pre-empt incase the remix overtakes the original. Hypothetically, if the remix does higher numbers than the original this week then Mariah will be credited, as it currently stands she is not. Do you get it now lol?

• Haha 1
Just now, BlackoutITZ said:

Sis you aren't understanding :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: For Billboard currently she is NOT credited as the original is outperforming. That's just a Wiki screenshot lol, and hence why it says solo OR remix. and is there to pre-empt incase the remix overtakes the original. Hypothetically, if the remix does higher numbers than the original this week then Mariah will be credited, as it currently stands she is not. Do you get it now lol?

I dooooo!  :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

sis I'm saying even if the remix does not outsell the original solo mix it will still be considered a number 1 hit for Mariah carey!  Lolol 

6 minutes ago, Touch my Toto said:

When the song hits number 1 which I highly doubt because of the beautiful Harry styles but if it does you will see for yourself. All the media outlets and social media will celebrate Mariahs 20th number 1. I'll come back to this comment, if I'm wrong then next then I'm wrong :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

It doesn't need to go to number one for Mariah to get a credit. If Mariah gets a credit on the song, it's because the remix has done bigger numbers than the original. You seem to think that a remix automatically gives the featured artist a credit on Billboard, when it doesn't. You are getting confused by the way it's written on Wikipedia, and think that because it says "remix or original" that means that they are both counted the same. It says original OR remix, not original AND remix.

The Say So/Savage/S&M/Perfect ones were counted because the remixes did better than the original, hence why Nicki was only credited for a few weeks on Say So. But there are also many examples of where remix features were not credited on Billboard, hence why I gave you the Cardi B/SZA example earlier.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

It doesn't need to go to number one for Mariah to get a credit. If Mariah gets a credit on the song, it's because the remix has done bigger numbers than the original. You seem to think that a remix automatically gives the featured artist a credit on Billboard, when it doesn't. You are getting confused by the way it's written on Wikipedia, and think that because it says "remix or original" that means that they are both counted the same. It says original OR remix, not original AND remix.

The Say So/Savage/S&M/Perfect ones were counted because the remixes did better than the original, hence why Nicki was only credited for a few weeks on Say So. But there are also many examples of where remix features were not credited on Billboard, hence why I gave you the Cardi B/SZA example earlier.

We'll just agree to disagree and let the results show next week. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

And @Mmdellavecchia :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Girl I don't mean to be rude, but I'm starting to think you are just dumb :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Nah you're rude and dumb, all mixes represent the song. Unclog the kumm out your brain and understand what I'm telling you. I'm always tryna stay respectful on here just so I won't get warning points but ya fem fggts be pushing it and then I gotta come and disrespect y'all

12 minutes ago, Touch my Toto said:

Nah you're rude and dumb, all mixes represent the song. Unclog the kumm out your brain and understand what I'm telling you. I'm always tryna stay respectful on here just so I won't get warning points but ya fem fggts be pushing it and then I gotta come and disrespect y'all

Nah you are dumb af and still can't wrap your brain around something after it's been explained to you like 5 times :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Nah you are dumb af and still can't wrap your brain around something after it's been explained to you like 5 times :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Because I don't agree with whatever you think is right! It is not right because there have been songs that have automatically became number 1 for being remixed and it's not because of the streams or sales of that remix. Dumbazz

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block