Latto 'Big Energy' is Number 3 On the Hot 100! Mariah's possible 20th No 1!

26 minutes ago, Touch my Toto said:

I hope your c.unt mother does also :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I genuinely hope you are okay. At first I thought you were just dumb and acting weird on here for no reason, now I can see that you have legitimate problems and I just hope you have good people in your life making sure you are safe. Best wishes my dear :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Lex993 said:

No Latto sampled the original NOT Mariah. And Mariah definitely hoped on this for a no. 1. Love her but she’s quite vain and she’d give anything to tie or break The Beatles record much like when she hoped on Unforgettable a few years back when it was peaking in the top 10.

The sample is exactly Mariah Carey’s version. Latto said so herself. 🤡 

14 hours ago, Lisa88007 said:

The sample is exactly Mariah Carey’s version. Latto said so herself. 🤡 

If it was Mariah version she would’ve gotten credit. Mariah’s version heavily samples the original… like whew some people were dropped on their heads I see.Schitts Creek Hello GIF by CBC

On 4/7/2022 at 9:51 PM, JordanMiller is Fggt said:

Credit is given no matter what

First, you need to chill.
Second, that's not true.
For example, Katy Perry's E.T. are credit as Katy Perry featuring Kanye West. But Last Friday Night credit only Katy Perry when there's a remix featuring Missy Elliot.
Because the latter remix didn't gain more point than the original.
Likewise, The Hills by The Weeknd wouldn't be consider a no.1 for Nicki Minaj even though there's an official remix. 

On 4/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, Lisa88007 said:

But Latto sampled Mariah Carey in the original so Mariah didn’t jump on it. It’s success was based on the catchy beat which sampled Mariah Carey’s Fantasy beat, which sampled an 80s song. But the reason it’s successful is because for millennials it sounds familiar (bc of Carey) and also fresh for Gen Z. Let’s not act like Mariah jumped on this for a #1, Latto wanted her and idolized her which is why she sampled her in the first place. 

Doesn't work like that Lisa the remix needs to outdo the original to be credited while the remix is seeing big airplay audience on radios but no on streams. 

Until and unless Billboard doesn't change their rule, this Is also the case for Australian charts as well. 

On 4/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, car said:

Lolz y’all forgot that’s exactly how Britney got her #1 for S&M. It was chatting high already and Britney was added at the last minute and for credit. You could argue she helped push it to #1, but that’s what’s happening here too. 

also if I just heard this otherwise, I would have said this isn’t Mariah but a Mariah impersonator. Can’t believe she sounds like this lol

NOOOOO, it's because the remix out performed the original. I don't understand why people here aren't able to understand. we don't make the rules, chart company DOES.

There are no 'deserves' here, it's a plain simple rule. 

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

It all starts with an OK for everyone and ends with meltdowns like in this thread. Just watch your mouth with me. I’m the biggest fish in the pan, I’ll do you greasy. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Watch my mouth with you? I never even reply to any of your posts, but if you threatening me over a pop forum makes you feel better about yourself, then I’ll take the hit. Hope life gets better for you, truly. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Watch my mouth with you? I never even reply to any of your posts, but if you threatening me over a pop forum makes you feel better about yourself, then I’ll take the hit. Hope life gets better for you, truly. 

@Avenger they need a reminder, but everything at the right time :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Soon I’ll plot a #Hideandseek :clown_meme__makeup_green: with you, Hilary and I ain’t talking about Clinton. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

• Haha 1
On 4/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, car said:

Hmm from what I remember there weren’t TWO S&M entries on the billboard 100. Ie. the regular and the remix and the remix was outperforming the regular. It looked like Britney just got added to that one entry, which USED to be the regular. 

OMG…it the remix outperforms the original which is 51-49 then the remix is officially credited including the artists. If the original is 51-49 then the credit doesn’t change. Why is this hard to grasp?! It’s actually very simple, some of you are literally tying yourself in knots to grasp something that is factual.

51 minutes ago, Lex993 said:

OMG…it the remix outperforms the original which is 51-49 then the remix is officially credited including the artists. If the original is 51-49 then the credit doesn’t change. Why is this hard to grasp?! It’s actually very simple, some of you are literally tying yourself in knots to grasp something that is factual.

AMEN!!! 

57 minutes ago, Lex993 said:

Like that user who told me to die and catch HIV and that my mother is a **** because I pointed out this fact :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Like that user who told me to die and catch HIV and that my mother is a **** because I pointed out this fact :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

That member is mentally ill just like his friend @gapeach704. They are delusional. Look at this thread, it’s just pathetic and the fact that I had to say over and over again that the same thing happened with Say So remix it’s stupid. Nicki outsold the original that’s why she’s credited and because of Nicki that song went #1. But some people are too stupid to comprehend facts. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: When they don’t have anything to say… they just derail threads and have a meltdown. Thank God these ill people are showing their colors and get banned afterwards. BUT THEY MAKE ME THE BAD GUY CUN LI :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block