Normani Drops New R&B Single "Fair"

I'm surprised that I really like the song, it's really cool, s.x.y, smooth...

But sorry, I just hate her acting skills. She's just too much, it doesn't fit the song's story, she's off topic. You can see she was at the same school as Camilla : everything is over the top.

Stop posing and trying to be ****, and give me emotion...

Sarah Jessica Parker Jewish GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I see a bunch of "pop starlets" in her exact same position. They seem to have everything, except true artistic vision. They only use pieces already used by others, far better than them, and assemble them to try to be "hits". Normani, for instance, is a weird mix between Rihanna, Britney, Beyoncé wanna be. It seems to me, some of these chicks are simply trying to be famous, hitting (and missing, mind you) a piñata while blindfolded. Camila Cabello, Tinashe, all the new ones coming out of girl bands whose names I can't even remember. They may sing, dance, even be shexy, but there is no direction or intention in what they do.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, FrenchToast said:

I'm surprised that I really like the song, it's really cool, s.x.y, smooth...

But sorry, I just hate her acting skills. She's just too much, it doesn't fit the song's story, she's off topic. You can see she was at the same school as Camilla : everything is over the top.

Stop posing and trying to be ****, and give me emotion...

Sarah Jessica Parker Jewish GIF

What acting skills? Is the video out?

42 minutes ago, DoubleJayTawndre said:

What acting skills? Is the video out?

I think FrenchToast is referring to the performance. The lyrics are personal and emotional and then you have her dippin' it low in the performance. 

I actually quite like the song tbh. It's better than I was expecting.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

I think FrenchToast is referring to the performance. The lyrics are personal and emotional and then you have her dippin' it low in the performance. 

I actually quite like the song tbh. It's better than I was expecting.

I love the song too. I didn't think I would like it but it is so personal and I feel like we are getting to know her as an artist with this song. These lyrics are so relatable. I wanna know who hurt her!!! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

I like how she performs. It's her style. Some will gravitate, some won't. She ultimately is a R&B artist in my eyes. That's where her heart is. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

She really doesn't have a good feeling of what will make it on the market and what won't. Artists who insist on 90s r'n'b and expect to become an A-lister are tragic tbh lol. Even Ariana who is an A-lister saw a drastic drop in sales and charting with Positions. 

You need to know that if you want to do slow r'n'b you won't be able to compete with pop releases, end of story. If you feel fine with catering to a smaller audience because you love recording this type of music, than that's great. But you forfeit the right to be pissed off that you're no in the top 10 anywhere.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

She really doesn't have a good feeling of what will make it on the market and what won't. Artists who insist on 90s r'n'b and expect to become an A-lister are tragic tbh lol. Even Ariana who is an A-lister saw a drastic drop in sales and charting with Positions. 

You need to know that if you want to do slow r'n'b you won't be able to compete with pop releases, end of story. If you feel fine with catering to a smaller audience because you love recording this type of music, than that's great. But you forfeit the right to be pissed off that you're no in the top 10 anywhere.

You wouldn't understand her artistry if all you expect is let's go to the club type of songs. She's not that artist. If u want Bubblegum pop go Stan Olivia Rodrigo and Dua Lipa and Ava Max :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

• Super Mods
24 minutes ago, DoubleJayTawndre said:

You wouldn't understand her artistry if all you expect is let's go to the club type of songs. She's not that artist. If u want Bubblegum pop go Stan Olivia Rodrigo and Dua Lipa and Ava Max :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

that's basically what I said though. And I get that, what irks me is that she got pissed off in many interviews that she didn't chart well and that her music is not being heard enough. I mean what do you expect? majority of people want pop, not rnb, it's only logical. 

1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

that's basically what I said though. And I get that, what irks me is that she got pissed off in many interviews that she didn't chart well and that her music is not being heard enough. I mean what do you expect? majority of people want pop, not rnb, it's only logical. 

Actually if we talk numbers and charts hip-hop/rap actually is what's taking over... Pop comes second. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
43 minutes ago, DoubleJayTawndre said:

Actually if we talk numbers and charts hip-hop/rap actually is what's taking over... Pop comes second. 

meh that's mostly the USA audience. Rap and Hip Hop are doing horribly in Europe and East Asia :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

All I see in this thread is people talking about chart position which is sad. Do you even have your own and personal taste in music or are you this stupid and let yourself influenced/brainwashed by all these streaming platforms? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
Normani just released a brand new song and you talk about how stiff her acting skill is, really? Pay attention to this girl and let yourself drown in her world. Normani even said the uptempo songs are coming. Take Fair as an invitation to her world. Jesus. Personally, I like it and I would listen to it while I wait for my man to come into my personal space. It’s **** and raw. I even love Wild Side ft. Cardi B. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Style. said:

All I see in this thread is people talking about chart position which is sad. Do you even have your own and personal taste in music or are you this stupid and let yourself influenced/brainwashed by all these streaming platforms? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
Normani just released a brand new song and you talk about how stiff her acting skill is, really? Pay attention to this girl and let yourself drown in her world. Normani even said the uptempo songs are coming. Take Fair as an invitation to her world. Jesus. Personally, I like it and I would listen to it while I wait for my man to come into my personal space. It’s **** and raw. I even love Wild Side ft. Cardi B. 

This is why I love and Stan u boo! :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block