Normani Drops New R&B Single "Fair"

1 minute ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I like what I’m hearing. It’s giving me early 2010s Take Care meets Channel Orange vibes. :matches:

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I love it so much it reminds me of Hold On We're Going Home you're right! 🙋🙋🙋

I'm so here for Normani and Camila Cabello slaying their new eras. The albums will be dope.

But where my other 5th Harmony girls like Lauren and Dinah? I love their music. Ally had a few cute bops too. 

I like the song. It’s kinda forgettable but it’s a nice song.

I hate how blatantly she’s lipsynching a mid tempo ballad and I KNOW, this is coming from a Britney stan. But I still see Normani as a new girl (even though she was with 5H for like 6/7 years). I feel like she has to prove herself on all levels if she wants to be perceived as “That bîtch!”. We know she can give amazing performances, visuals, dancing, but I’m waiting for a live vocal. She has some nice runs on the new song, would be nice to hear them live.

I give it a 6.5/10 :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

• Love 1

Gooooorrrrrrrrrrrrgeous song, mature and polished...

But this will do nothing for her commercially. I dont like to say this but she's the new Ciara.

And I HATE it when artists release something saying that they are so proud of it, and that it's the best thing they have ever done ("Wild Side"), and then they scrap it completely... What? That's such a stunt to get people's attention, and then they dismiss everything when they don't get people talking.

Oh, and something else... SHE HYPES HERSELF SO MUCH that she's setting herself to failure because her team is trying to market her as the next Beyoncé, so you cannot blame the GP if they expect you to do incredibly well and then you're just OK (and not even Beyoncé was doing that at the beginning; remember, "Beyoncé wasn't built in a day"). So chill.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 3/18/2022 at 7:02 AM, DoubleJayTawndre said:

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I love it so much it reminds me of Hold On We're Going Home you're right! 🙋🙋🙋

I'm so here for Normani and Camila Cabello slaying their new eras. The albums will be dope.

But where my other 5th Harmony girls like Lauren and Dinah? I love their music. Ally had a few cute bops too. 

Lauren released an EP last fall. It was pretty good. Nothing really stand out but I love her voice so I’ll listen anyway lol. Mid tempo R&B mostly, not trend chasing. Fair sounds like something from the last 5H album with slightly better lyrics, that little vocal hook at the end of the chorus is so dated.

Lauren is really not trying to be a huge chart topper either, just making the music she likes and sharing it with the people who like it. Someone mentioned that’s what Normani was complaining about.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block