Musical director of the Circus Tour says Britney did not want to perform the hits and only wanted to perform b-sides and rare songs

33 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

The only people who cared about her “hits” were Larry and her team for the GP.

Real fans would have died for a tour of nothing but b-sides.

You Oughta Know was a highlight of The Circus Tour :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

tbh I do like the hits :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: and it's one of the reasons why I like the POM setlist so much, because it really covers the best of her career.

However, it does make sense that if she's promoting an album, that should be the focus of the setlist. And of course I'd love to see non-singles getting performed. 

With the Circus Tour in the end she did get away with it, since the only hits are Slave, BOMT and Toxic. Well, and MATM and Everytime if you count them. The other hits were the Circus' singles, and then the rest was basically Blackout and ITZ tracks.

FFT also had a nice balance between the FF tracks and the classics. 

In all fairness, most of the fans, and not just the GP, were happy she was performing the hits at POM again. She had not performed Oops or Crazy in almost 10 years at the time, Stronger and Lucky took even longer, since the DWADT. And they all got new versions. But obviously after so many years doing the same, it gets old for her. 

In the end, they really had no reason to prevent her from having creative control on her shows other than just a matter of having power over her, just to be cruel to her. It was the only thing they could've let her manage to keep her happy among that whole hell that was the conservatorship, but they didn't :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:  

• Love 6
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

In the end, they really had no reason to prevent her from having creative control on her shows other than just a matter of having power over her, just to be cruel to her. It was the only thing they could've let her manage to keep her happy among that whole hell that was the conservatorship, but they didn't

This! I get you need to appeal to your audience and promote what you’re selling, however to me it seemed like almost the same shows back to back to back. Another IUSA remix, singing Everytime while levitating, closing the show with TTWE, using the same show choreography for appearances. Even with the releases of BJ and Glory, those songs weren’t really promoted in the shows either. There was no creativity. Yes you can still keep the classics, but there was no reason not to allow Britney to showcase her artistry :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 2
  • Like 5
Just now, blackoutbixxh said:

This! I get you need to appeal to your audience and promote what you’re selling, however to me it seemed like almost the same shows back to back to back. Another IUSA remix, singing Everytime while levitating, closing the show with TTWE, using the same show choreography for appearances. Even with the releases of BJ and Glory, those songs weren’t really promoted in the shows either. There was no creativity. Yes you can still keep the classics, but there was no reason not to allow Britney to showcase her artistry :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

especially with the show lasting for so long, and having so many legs, they could've slowly incorporated the new songs here and there, replacing the older hits as time went by. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
58 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Ugh this further proves how she knows what we want as I rather have a tour of just b sides! They obviously are trying to appeal to the general audience who only knows her hits. Even I’m sick of the hits unless it’s remixed. Ugh soooo can’t wait till she gains control of everything and literally gets to call the shots as these dinosaurs don’t know anything.

Bish knows whats up, she was totally in control on Blackout era, and the album is her best one yet

• Love 7

Well, this is not rocket science! Most of the artists hate their classics, even Celine Dione once said she couldn't bear singing "My heart will go on". However, she said once the music starts to play and she hears the audience going wild, it gives her the needed energy to sing it one more time  :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

I understand Britney's frustration, that is why songs need to be reworked and remixed so they feel fresh for everyone. On the other hand, there are TONS of classic songs Britney has not performed in decades or never, so you don't need to go to B sides: Sometimes (Even though she hates it), Born to make you happy, From the bottom of my broken heart, overprotected, My prerogative, I'm not a girl, My only wish, Outrageous, to name a few :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

POM brought back a lot of songs she hadn't performed in years - I remember people being upset after a Femme Fatale show because she didn't perform many of the hits they were waiting for :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

• Like 4

I have a feeling if she tours, she'll be Like Mariah and Madonna and a few others, and just do smaller venues that seat 5,000 to 7,000. 

Just a smaller intimate scaled down shows for the day one fans. 

I think veterans are at the point of F the general public, the latest numbers of just stopping at 200K, proves the ride or die vs, casual fans that will only stream a best of. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

Well, this is not rocket science! Most of the artists hate their classics, even Celine Dione once said she couldn't bear singing "My heart will go on". However, she said once the music starts to play and she hears the audience going wild, it gives her the needed energy to sing it one more time  :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

I understand Britney's frustration, that is why songs need to be reworked and remixed so they feel fresh for everyone. On the other hand, there are TONS of classic songs Britney has not performed in decades or never, so you don't need to go to B sides: Sometimes (Even though she hates it), Born to make you happy, From the bottom of my broken heart, overprotected, My prerogative, I'm not a girl, My only wish, Outrageous, to name a few :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

POM brought back a lot of songs she hadn't performed in years - I remember people being upset after a Femme Fatale show because she didn't perform many of the hits they were waiting for :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

Britney hates outrageous, she was forced to record that cos Jive made a deal without her approval.

Why would she sing a song she hates and singing an R. Kelly song which has total different meaning after the truth came out. You're lucky she didn't follow suit and asked for it to be removed.  

4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Britney hates outrageous, she was forced to record that cos Jive made a deal without her approval.

Why would she sing a song she hates and singing an R. Kelly song which has total different meaning after the truth came out. You're lucky she didn't follow suit and asked for it to be removed.  

Britney hates Outrageous? Is there receipt for that? I'm genuinely asking - I know the record label pushed it to be a single, but does that mean Britney hates it? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

I know she does not like sometimes she said it herself :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

And I suspect she deeply hates Hold it against me and probably brings bad memories but that's just me :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block