Musical director of the Circus Tour says Britney did not want to perform the hits and only wanted to perform b-sides and rare songs

It’s completely ok not to be fond of your biggest hits that you’ve already performed a billion times.

I know it’s not even nearly the same but as a fan I reacted with more enthusiasm when I heard “Slave” the other day passing by a bar than when I hear “BOMT” or “Toxic” everywhere literally. Don’t get me wrong, they are iconic but as a fan everything that is not as mainstream comes off more special.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
On 11/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Casual fans don’t want unknown songs being performed. I understand her frustration but it’s unfortunately just how it is. Same with Vegas..tourists want to hear the songs they know. I wish someone would’ve pushed for her to re-record the hits to add something new, instead of the same old 20 year old album vocals. 

Funny thing is. She never wanted to do Vegas. So her frustration is warranted. Britney probably wanted to keep fresh and new as opposed to going down the “legacy artist” route and thats the teams fault and daddy greatest decisions. Not Britney’s. If she had her way she probably would of dropped EP’s and experiment more - keeping fresh and up to date. And would of probably gained new fresh hits to perform… i totally understand her frustration, she must of felt so stifled as a creative. No wonder shes lost heart in it all.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Musicandsoul said:

Funny thing is. She never wanted to do Vegas. So her frustration is warranted. Britney probably wanted to keep fresh and new as opposed to going down the “legacy artist” route and thats the teams fault and daddy greatest decisions. Not Britney’s. If she had her way she probably would of dropped EP’s and experiment more - keeping fresh and up to date. And would of probably gained new fresh hits to perform… i totally understand her frustration, she must of felt so stifled as a creative. No wonder shes lost heart in it all.

maybe not in the way it turned out, and especially not when Jamie was getting all the revenue, but if I'm not mistaken there were rumors about her wanting to do Vegas since 2007.

She's also always expressed the hard part about touring, the traveling, sleeping in a different room every night, not seeing her kids, etc, so in theory, the Vegas residency was truly ideal for someone in her position.

Of course, when you don't have the creative freedom to do the show as you want to, when you're working for your conservators, and on top of that they keep you isolated from people, and all the other punishments and threats she was subject to in her personal life, everyone would get tired of the situation really soon.

• Love 2

The tough part is BJ and Glory didn't have any hits, thus she was forced to rely heavily upon Albums 1-7. Also, Vegas has to be Greatest Hits. It's sad to me that instead of creating new iconic moments, having new hit songs, great music videos, performances of new songs, so much emphasis was on nostalgia. Yes, Britney's name sold but other artists continue to attempt to reinvent themselves and become part of current pop culture. Everything was so predictable, stale, and boring which is the complete opposite of Britney in the early 2000's.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block