Little Mix unfollow Jesy Nelson a day after her debut solo single drops

Slayer

Watching interviews Jesy Nelson is proud to be a size 12, the same size Marilyn monroe was. 

You can see she's trying to bring that back. 

From her stories, a size 8 is what they wanted her to wear. 

And she freaked out. 

You can tell she's much happier wearing trousers and track pants. Something she wasn't allowed in little mix. 

They had her matching the other girls. Which is what was affecting her, she lost her self. She's been saying that. 

Her Family is also very happy, that the Jesy they know and love is back 

Jesy loved her curls and she was told everything about her had to change because she's in a girl group.

Its really weird though as i just watched this interview and the woman obviously asked her about Little Mix but didnt asked about a reunion and Jesy says [at 8m 53s] 'who knows, eventually one day we'll come back' 

i mean, the thing is  just because they've unfollowed her on social media doesnt mean they hate each other. Shes not in LM anymore so neither Jesy or the LM girls need to keep up to date with each other on twitter. i watched another interview Jesy  did this week and she said when Perrie and Leighann had their babies she sent them a text saying congratulations so they obviously still have their numbers. i mean, i remember Geri saying when she left the spice girls, obviously social media wasnt invented then but even though publicly she didnt meet up with the girls, she still privately kept in touch and two of the girls went to her daughter's christening. so its probably the same with LM and Jesy   

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That’s what I was thinking, but I also think the other girls thought she would flop, or get mocked and are pressed that the reaction has been positive. Patiently waiting for this to happen to BLACKPINK and BTS :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

It just draws attention to both of them. Watch as statements get released that it wasn’t her or they hacked blah blah …

I doubt she would write that from her personal account knowing they could get leaked. No one is that daft. 

6 hours ago, Slayer said:

I truly get what you mean, however i'm a person of colour and do not find Jesy offensive at all, to me she looks like many other overly tanned British girls, whether people like it or not it is British culture. I do think Leigh-Anne is being a hypocrite because she's literally best friends with and has a business partner who overly tans like Jesy but she has no issues with them? Odd. I've seen so many POC I know online standing up for Jesy, saying 'okay so if I straighten my naturally curly hair am I white fishing?' - I do think people are going to far.

This :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Btw, I love how respectful you're being! Thank you.

Yeah I’m from north east England (right near Jade & Perrie lol) and seeing people slate Jesy for her tan and hair etc is just silly to me. I think the whole blackfishing thing surrounding Jesy’s aesthetic (and in general) is really reaching, as like you say she looks no different than 99% of white British girls her age. Why does appreciation and inspiration become twisted into appropriation? 

I sympathize entirely with Leigh Anne, it must be so frustrating and upsetting to be shunned by people for your cultural attributes yet your friend gets praised for the same attributes. It must hurt and dishearten her a lot, but in my opinion her anger is misdirected.

In fact, the whole “blackfishing/cultural appropriation” thing in general to me is misguided. Seeing people be praised for traits that you are discriminated against for must be maddening, but why be mad at the people who obviously admire and appreciate those cultural traits enough to emulate and pay tribute to them? Be mad at the people treating you differently for those traits and discriminating against you, go after them instead! Otherwise, it just looks like bitterness/jealousy. 

I live in California now and I don’t need to tell you how gung-ho they get on this stuff, to the point of ridiculousness. I just hope that we see them all get together again one day. I stan them all equally and want them to succeed. I hate to see the media stoked cattiness, it’s so reductive and just reinforces the narrative that it’s always a competition between women in the industry and they seem to be falling into that trap. There’s room for everyone to succeed!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Yeah I’m from north east England (right near Jade & Perrie lol) and seeing people slate Jesy for her tan and hair etc is just silly to me. I think the whole blackfishing thing surrounding Jesy’s aesthetic (and in general) is really reaching, as like you say she looks no different than 99% of white British girls her age. Why does appreciation and inspiration become twisted into appropriation? 

I sympathize entirely with Leigh Anne, it must be so frustrating and upsetting to be shunned by people for your cultural attributes yet your friend gets praised for the same attributes. It must hurt and dishearten her a lot, but in my opinion her anger is misdirected.

In fact, the whole “blackfishing/cultural appropriation” thing in general to me is misguided. Seeing people be praised for traits that you are discriminated against for must be maddening, but why be mad at the people who obviously admire and appreciate those cultural traits enough to emulate and pay tribute to them? Be mad at the people treating you differently for those traits and discriminating against you, go after them instead! Otherwise, it just looks like bitterness/jealousy. 

I live in California now and I don’t need to tell you how gung-ho they get on this stuff, to the point of ridiculousness. I just hope that we see them all get together again one day. I stan them all equally and want them to succeed. I hate to see the media stoked cattiness, it’s so reductive and just reinforces the narrative that it’s always a competition between women in the industry and they seem to be falling into that trap. There’s room for everyone to succeed!

I genuinely love this whole response, very fair.

Also please see this, i'm so sad and disappointed.

• Love 1

This is giving Camila vibes. I’m team little mix. Just like Camila said everyone bullied her allegedly, yet she was clearly the problem 🙄 Jesy gives me a mix between Camila, Demi, and Rachel Dolezal

:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: 

***I want to like Jesy, but if drama ensues, I will always be team LM as it seems she is the common denominator. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Watching interviews Jesy Nelson is proud to be a size 12, the same size Marilyn monroe was

not this again, sizing changes and a size 12 from the 50s is not a size 12 of today. marilyn monroe was tiny, closer to a 2 or 4...

also i thought jesy was mixed at least until i read this thread lmao

• Haha 1

Honestly, it makes perfect sense.

Supposedly, Jesy left because of mental health issues, caused by the constant pressure to keep up with her peers' phyisical standards. Now she comes back with a song so Little-Mix-y that it hurts, and playing the same cards Little Mix plays in all of their videos.

Her song is amazing, but is kinda incoherent with her reasons to leave the group.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, nban2010 said:

I think some of the comments here are so naive and reductive.

Yes LM are all about female empowerment, but that can't just simply be the excuse of letting equally important things slide like the rediciulous blackfishing Jesy is doing. They can raise women up while also holding them accountable for shizzy behaivour.

Good on them for taking a stance if that's the reason, plus a load of stuff could be happening in the background anyways...

What does blackfishing mean to you? Jesy and many other girls tan, as has been the case for decades. She’s always been inspired by R&B and Hip Hop, Nicki and P Diddy supporting and appearing alongside her in the video speaks volumes imo. I agree her aesthetic and sound are heavily influenced by black culture but why do you class that as shi**y behavior?  Genuinely interested.

7 hours ago, Easy There said:

I mean Jess should stop with blacklisting it's weird as hell. And she seems so unapologetic about it. Borderline ignorant based on her latest interview 

What is it she should apologize for? Be specific. I see her paying tribute and appreciation to the genre and culture. She’s doing nothing derogatory so I’m confused as to why and what she should apologize for? I’m sorry that my personal influence is R&B and Hip Hop and I tan?

6 hours ago, Easy There said:

Just because she always looked like this. Doesn't mean it's okay for her to keep doing it.

She goes beyond being tanned.

I understand why ppl are dragging her and Leigh Ann has every right to be mad at her.

Even her answer on said topic was tone deaf af.

I too can understand why Leigh Anne would be hurt as she’s been downtrodden her whole life for her racial attributes and is now seeing a white woman being praised for incorporating them into her aesthetic. But the anger is misdirected, people like Jesy are appreciative of and inspired by the culture, why is this bad? Drag the people that think the aesthetic isn’t as alluring on POC, not the people appreciating it.

Why do we have to ‘cancel’ people for appreciating and partaking in different cultures? No one ‘owns’ a single cultural attribute. It’s her body and she can do with it as she pleases, especially when she’s not hurting anyone.

It’s sad that WOC have been derided for their hair styles, clothing, skin color, lips, butts, you name it. They’ve been pushed down all their lives and made to feel lesser in western society. To see white women emulate and be praised for these features and for them to become the new white beauty standard must be frustrating/infuriating af. But is the answer to say “ok you can’t do that anymore because I get chided for it”? I’d disagree, because the women emulating the aesthetic aren’t the issue.

Imagine saying “I have blue eyes, it’s offensive for you to wear blue contacts” or “my skins naturally dark, I’m offended that you tan to emulate that”. That’s how silly the concept of ‘blackfishing’ can sound at times. Let’s focus on the ones that treat POC differently for their cultural attributes yet praise white women for the same things, those people are the issue. Otherwise it just ends up coming off as petty. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

@kdub87@Easy There I find it odd Leigh is so angry at Jesy's 'black fishing' but she has no problem with her best friend and business partner overly tanning and 'black fishing'. Leigh still likes her posts.

Yeah she either needs to be consistent or just stop, she knows Jesy more than well enough to know her style and musical influences are genuine. She also knows full well that Jesy’s intent isn’t malicious whatsoever. I think Leigh Anne must carry a lot of hurt and resentment for how she was treated over the years by the public but It’s sad that she’s so quickly forgotten how badly Jesy was treated too.

The classy thing to do would be to wish Jesy well and support her, they know her heart (gag) and that she has no bad intentions. That’s clear for anyone to see.

45 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

This is giving Camila vibes. I’m team little mix. Just like Camila said everyone bullied her allegedly, yet she was clearly the problem 🙄 Jesy gives me a mix between Camila, Demi, and Rachel Dolezal

:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: 

***I want to like Jesy, but if drama ensues, I will always be team LM as it seems she is the common denominator. 

Amen amen GIF

I'll still follow Jesy and check out her music. This drama shouldn't shock anyone. Bound to happen.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block