Little Mix unfollow Jesy Nelson a day after her debut solo single drops

Slayer

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

I get what you're trying to say but Leigh-Anne is engaged to a colourist (a man who said he'd never got out with black women) and a man who makes homophobic comments. Funny how Leigh-Anne has a problem now after 10 years and was liking all of Jesy's posts where she is allegedly 'black fishing'. Also funny that its an issue with Jesy when Leigh-Anne's best friend and business partner Hannah is overly tanned and could quite easily be called out for black fishing. Pretty hypocritical to me.

I think people change and if I was held to silly remarks I’d said in the past god help me lol. Leigh Anne addressed all that in the doc though, and they’re engaged and just had a baby, I think that speaks to his change. 

I think the whole blackfishing thing gets taken a little too far sometimes. There’s Rachel Dolezal and then there’s girls who just tan, but the SJWs go after them all lol. 
You have to be honest though, Jesy’s video is quintessentially derived from black culture. I love it, love Jesy and will support all of them always. But I can’t ignore the vibe of the video, it’s easy to see why Leigh Anne would be upset given her comments regarding the topic in the past. 

I wish they’d all stop being silly and just get on the phone to sort it out between them. I hate seeing things like this played out in public.

• Love 2

I think some of the comments here are so naive and reductive.

Yes LM are all about female empowerment, but that can't just simply be the excuse of letting equally important things slide like the rediciulous blackfishing Jesy is doing. They can raise women up while also holding them accountable for shizzy behaivour.

Good on them for taking a stance if that's the reason, plus a load of stuff could be happening in the background anyways...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

I think people change and if I was held to silly remarks I’d said in the past god help me lol. Leigh Anne addressed all that in the doc though, and they’re engaged and just had a baby, I think that speaks to his change. 

I think the whole blackfishing thing gets taken a little too far sometimes. There’s Rachel Dolezal and then there’s girls who just tan, but the SJWs go after them all lol. 
You have to be honest though, Jesy’s video is quintessentially derived from black culture. I love it, love Jesy and will support all of them always. But I can’t ignore the vibe of the video, it’s easy to see why Leigh Anne would be upset given her comments regarding the topic in the past. 

I wish they’d all stop being silly and just get on the phone to sort it out between them. I hate seeing things like this played out in public.

It's gonna take Simon Cowell  .

The girls wanted to leave Simon, but Jesy didn't. 

If you read her interviews. she felt leaving simon was the worst thing. 

She hated their management.  

I think @Slayer said the problem was modest management, not simon. 

But like Jesy said her problem was when it came to the majority over rules.

3 girls always over powered one vote. So that means most of Jesy ideas were denied by the majority over rules, there is only so much a person can  Handle of being denied in visions and ideas before they walk out, to see the respect they want. 

Jesy also had enough of that..

I still haven't read any reasonable argument about how Jesy is appropriating. I'm all ears though :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

The whole song and music video is an ode to Diddy and his Bad Boy 4 Life song... She even gave him 30 seconds on it. I see adoration and tribute where people see appropriation. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

She's tanned but she's been tanned for years now so what's the issue? Ariana has been the most successful girl of the bunch passing as a POC and no one gave her this kind of heat. Why are people so hateful and picky?

I don't like Leigh Anne's attitude at all. That's not how you act when your friend is in a tough spot.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's gonna take Simon Cowell  .

The girls wanted to leave Simon, but Jesy didn't. 

If you read her interviews. she felt leaving simon was the worst thing. 

She hated their management.  

I think @Slayer said the problem was modest management, not simon. 

But like Jesy said her problem was when it came to the majority over rules.

3 girls always over powered one vote. So that means most of Jesy ideas were denied by the majority over rules, there is only so much a person can  Handle of being denied in visions and ideas before they walk out, to see the respect they want. 

Jesy also had enough of that..

Yeah I don’t really want them to get back together, just iron out their differences. They had such an amazing friendship over a decade long and it sucks to see it go down like this.

I think Jesy will flourish as a solo artist and can’t wait to here more bopz. She deserves the world after what she went through. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

I still haven't read any reasonable comment about how Jesy is appropriating. I'm all ears though :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

The whole song and music video is an ode to Diddy and his Bad Boy 4 Life song... She even gave him 30 seconds on it. I see adoration and tribute where people see appropriation. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

She's tanned but she's been tanned for years now so what's the issue? Ariana has been the most successful girl in the bunch passing as a POC and no one gave her this kind of heat. Why are people so hateful and picky?

I can’t speak to it too much as I’m white. But Leigh Anne said in her doc how up until recently fans would literally ignore her, for example in interviews people would list their fave little mix members and leave Leigh Anne out, it was awful to see. She obviously internalized all this as a symptom of her color since that’s the only thing that separated her from the other girls.

You and I for sure see the video as a throwback/tribute to her most influential beats that have inspired her over the years. However people like Leigh Anne have a differently lived experience and it must hurt knowing that she explained it to Jesy and the world in her doc, then sees this video that encapsulates everything she talked about.

I just assumed that Leigh Anne knows Jesy well enough to know she isn’t racist or using black culture solely to get a leg up and that it’s a genuine inspiration for her. Though I can see why she’d be hurt either way, considering that she was silently admonished for having the same cultural attributes. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This is messy. I don't know but I see people like you @Slayer just leaving the girls and basically saying I'm a Jesy fan. 

Cos its clear the sisterhood is dead and they won't stop at nothing til Jesy is villainized. 

With social media being the best tool to do that. Someone on Jesy team should let her know, her former sisters are definitely up to no good. 

Don't say this :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

I love all four girls :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

But right now I am disappointed in Little Mix :( 

25 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

I truly get what you mean, however i'm a person of colour and do not find Jesy offensive at all, to me she looks like many other overly tanned British girls, whether people like it or not it is British culture. I do think Leigh-Anne is being a hypocrite because she's literally best friends with and has a business partner who overly tans like Jesy but she has no issues with them? Odd. I've seen so many POC I know online standing up for Jesy, saying 'okay so if I straighten my naturally curly hair am I white fishing?' - I do think people are going to far.

26 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

This :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Btw, I love how respectful you're being! Thank you.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

I can’t speak to it too much as I’m white. But Leigh Anne said in her doc how up until recently fans would literally ignore her, like in interviews people would list their fave little mix members and leave Leigh Anne out. She obviously internalized all this as a symptom of her color.

You and I for sure see the video as a throwback/tribute to her most influential beats that have inspired her over the years. However people like Leigh Anne have a differently lived experience and it must hurt knowing that she explained it to Jesy and the world in her doc, then sees this video that encapsulates everything she talked about.

I just assumed that Leigh Anne knows Jesy well enough to know she isn’t racist or using black culture solely to get a leg up. Though I can see why she’d be hurt either way, considering that she was silently admonished for the same cultural attributes. 

I can't speak too much either, and I understand the way Leigh Anne sees things must definitely come from a very different perspective than ours.

I think Leigh Anne's impression of being the least liked doesn't adjust to reality but I haven't followed them very closely. I did notice that many people started to say how good the group looked and sounded when Jesy left... Would that have happened if Leigh Anne had been the one leaving?

I think as a friend/former friend, she should try to reach out to Jesy and talk about this privately if it really offended her. Or maybe comment it with her close circle outside of social media. I haven't seen her calling out any other artist specifically for this "behavior" before, will she start doing it when it's her friend the one in the spot? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

The situation is very sad though. In every girl group related conversation, their friendship was always very appreciated and it kind of set them apart from the rest...

• Love 1
Just now, Easy There said:

I mean Jess should stop with blacklisting it's weird as hell. And she seems so unapologetic about it. Borderline ignorant based on her latest interview 

:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Read previous comments, she's looked like this for over 10 years and there were no issues until she left.

Plus most British girls are overly tanned like this. People can stay pressed.

@Spicechinodiva i'm seeing SO many Little Mix fan pages say they are no longer Little Mix fans and are changing to Jesy only fan pages.

I'm also seeing a lot of Jesy stans saying they will not follow LM anymore and will cancel their album pre-orders. I'm seeing certain Mixers hate on Jesy even more too. Such a mess.

LM/Jesy world right now:

:walkin_fire_meltdown_burning_flames_panic_mess_exhell:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

@Spicechinodiva i'm seeing SO many Little Mix fan pages say they are no longer Little Mix fans and are changing to Jesy only fan pages.

I'm also seeing a lot of Jesy stans saying they will not follow LM anymore and will cancel their album pre-orders. I'm seeing certain Mixers hate on Jesy even more too. Such a mess.

LM/Jesy world right now:

:walkin_fire_meltdown_burning_flames_panic_mess_exhell:

I'm not surprised.  Jesy really did win..

Little mix will flop and the blame is on them for showing their true colors which was and is hateful. 

18 minutes ago, Slayer said:

:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Read previous comments, she's looked like this for over 10 years and there were no issues until she left.

Plus most British girls are overly tanned like this. People can stay pressed.

Just because she always looked like this. Doesn't mean it's okay for her to keep doing it.

She goes beyond being tanned.

I understand why ppl are dragging her and Leigh Ann has every right to be mad at her.

Even her answer on said topic was tone deaf af.

• Like 4
  • Content Curators

I think we should not speculate what goes on behind the scenes because I genuinely don't believe Leigh-Anne suddenly has an issue with her 'blackfishing' when she's been like that for years.

It was obvious they're not on good terms because you simply can't justify not speaking to any of the team members (only texted them) when 2 of them had just given birth with an excuse of 'taking a break', unless there's bad blood.

I will support those 2 units separately, and I wish them both well.

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 3

Sadly, I never followed Little Mix because I never heard of them until they were way into their careers :ehidk_britney_um_eek: I was shocked to knew they were in their 10th year!!! :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

But I did heard A LOT since Jesy leaved the group with very confusing statements, and they don't stop since then :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: she's like I left the group in good terms, then implies is the girls that haven't talk to her but she is "open" to talk, then say the opposite and so on. So this just seems natural to happen tbh 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block