How did fans know something was wrong after Domination got cancelled?

Shortly after Britney announced the ‘cancellation’ of Domination she disappeared. There was no social media updates or paparazzi pics which is when fans grew concerned.

Around April it was reported she had ‘voluntarily’ checked herself into a mental health facility but then the voicemail leaked shortly after revealing she was being held there against her will.

We all know what happened next… 

10 hours ago, AjBritFan said:

Was the guard Edan? 

Did your friend pick up on what was being said/what they were arguing about? 

That is so interesting. 

I am not sure, sorry! At the time when my friend said it we were with a group of other people and I wanted to ask more but I knew he wouldn't spill everything while everyone else was there, we're not super close so I don't see him all the time but I'll definitely ask him whenever I see him again, I'm curious too, at the time I didn't know Edan was one of the bad guys otherwise I prob would have still asked if it was him.

He just said that they were arguing (mostly Britney that was pissed I think) and it wasn't just with the security, I think she was pissed and arguing with the security + other people in her team and she just threw the bottle lmao love it, he also said she hated doing the M&G, when my friend came in Britney asked Robin "how many more?" and Robin said it was like 5 or 6 and Britney sighted with a sad face and didn't even hide she didn't wanna be there. Yeah I'm deffo gonna try get more deets when I see him next lol.

31 minutes ago, ROL said:

I am not sure, sorry! At the time when my friend said it we were with a group of other people and I wanted to ask more but I knew he wouldn't spill everything while everyone else was there, we're not super close so I don't see him all the time but I'll definitely ask him whenever I see him again, I'm curious too, at the time I didn't know Edan was one of the bad guys otherwise I prob would have still asked if it was him.

He just said that they were arguing (mostly Britney that was pissed I think) and it wasn't just with the security, I think she was pissed and arguing with the security + other people in her team and she just threw the bottle lmao love it, he also said she hated doing the M&G, when my friend came in Britney asked Robin "how many more?" and Robin said it was like 5 or 6 and Britney sighted with a sad face and didn't even hide she didn't wanna be there. Yeah I'm deffo gonna try get more deets when I see him next lol.

I remember at the time it was my dream to meet her, but in the end I was happy I never did a meet and greet. It was dead clear to me she didn't want to do it, and fans had to pay a thousand dollars to physically be in the room with her and hope you were allowed to put your arm around her or come close enough to a point she wasn't uncomfortable with. I would have felt like I had to apologize to her for being there and making use of the system that she was in. It really comes down to some sort of trafficking. 

• Love 1

Thr first thing for me was seeing how sad she was in FTR, but I just chalked it up to the fact there had been a lot of major changes and that's never easy for anyone

Once Circus (album) was released she almost seemed herself and I wasn't as concerned anymore... until the tour. I saw her in Vancouver (don't smoke w.ee.d) and that whole show was such a mess and I could tell something wasn't right, but it seemed impossible to think she was being abused... at the time there was only rumors about that show and I just brushed it off as tabloid gossip.

When she became engaged to Jason and he was made co-con that was a huge red flag for me, that was the first time I really thought this conservatorship wasn't a great situation for her. I remember thinking how effed up is it that her (soon to be) husband would have complete control over her, but I just figured I didn't have all the facts and moved on, there was too many other exciting things to focus on

Then X factor, I remember thinking she seemed not like herself (the facial expressions, she seemed in pain) and I ended up not watching the whole season... I had only tuned in for Britney anyway and she didn't seem to care much

FF tour, I was excited because I LOVED the album and I had hoped would be a better experience than Circus... when it wasn't, I thought she was being lazy and actually said that I don't think I'd pay to see her live again, it wasn't worth the money

When BJ was released, the album was bad and I kinda stopped following Britney news for a while. I never saw her in Vegas, and it wasn't until Glory release I started to follow her again.

My local radio devoted an entire Friday evening to playing the entire Glory album front to back without commercials during the release. By time Slumber Party came out my stan level was back at peak and I thought she was giving it all. Things honestly seemed fairly good/normal

The Domination announcement was really bizarre. I had been looking forward to it as I had missed seeing POM and was determined to see her new show. It was really weird how she literally didn't say a word and was just directly ushered to the car. Why even show up in the first place? I hope we eventually get the true back story to this.

When "me time" happened I thought it was strange, but there had been a lot of stories of odd things leading up to it, she had been working hard for a long time, and I thought maybe she really did just need a break. I thought "there's no way her situation could possibly be as horrible as people claimed with so many eyes on her all the time. It would be impossible to get away with it". I thought she was more or less safe, but maybe depressed/burned out

It wasn't until the voice-mail that I really sat up and took notice. I was team #freebritney 100% after that. When "all is well" came out a part of me thought "I knew it was just crazy fan theories, of course is isn't that bad... she's Britney spears!" But also a part of me thought, something still isn't right here but I never imagined it could be as bad as it is.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact her team would blatantly be abusing her in front of so many people... if it was true how did it go on for so long. It just seemed too hard to believe but at same time I knew it was real. Part of me I guess just didn't want to believe it. I made excuses that I don't know her personally, can't believe everything you read on the internet... and yet... here we are.

• Love 3

i didn't really understood what was going until a little late mostly just after the allegations she was forced into a facility.

although i do recall watching the Domination announcement and being very very confused and uncomfortable with how awkward it looked.
The video mapping looked sloppy, the sound was out of sync, the presenter was clearly bothered or out of proper direction... :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: then britney showed up on that platform with a poker face and quickly a forced smile, walked down and that was it. :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what: 

The presenter / host of the whole thing looked so confused and tried his best to maintain his professional posture but the whole thing was awkward at max level :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

8 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I knew she was being treated BAD when she did the POM Europe leg of the tour and those stories came out about the meet and greets where fans were being treated terrible by the security and it was obvious she was being forced to do the m&g's. Also when she came to belgium (where I'm from) they put her up in a pretty basic hotel, as if they didn't want to spend money on a nice hotelroom for her. It honestly felt as if she was being trafficked and they wanted to milk the POM residency for every last dime.

****. Yes. 

The domination announcement was probably the first big red flag that I noticed. I remember finding the whole thing very odd. Her coming out and not saying a single thing and then walking straight to the limo was strange. Like really strange. I also found the cancelation post a little odd too (it was the picture that was used that had me scratching my head. I thought that throwback pic was very overused in a many media stories about Britney. So generic of a choice.). Then when the voicemail came out. That voicemail was my eureka moment. It made me think that what happened to MJ could happen to her and that's when I officially joined the #FreeBritney movement.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention, when they gave her access to her Instagram after being let out of the facility, and this is important, it was made really clear that Britney was being fed information and didn’t have actual access to news reports. I forget exactly what it was, but it was like when she had posted a video saying all is ok but the caption was about Lou Taylor being innocent for some freaking reason. Britney posted a video “responding” to a news report (“free Britney” had just started getting a lot of attention ) and Britney sort of responded to what was going on in the news on video, but she had one or two facts wrong, like she was mad at the wrong people, but the CAPTION was totally different, again!!! Just really weird things started happening and it was just very clearly a cover-up. It definitely seemed like they were asking her to respond to the news on video(to prove it was actually her) to try and get the news to stop reporting “free Britney,” but they lied to Britney about what was actually in the news before having her record the video!!!