How did fans know something was wrong after Domination got cancelled?

If I remember correctly, we'd heard his operation was back in October and we'd even seen candids of him and Britney at a soccer game one time during the fall. She had been rehearsing like crazy up till the point it was cancelled, so some of us thought it was weird that she didnt cancel it right away after his surgery if that was the case. He was already getting back on his feet. And then we knew something was off during the tour in 2018 and we knew Britney was upset and needed a break. But it wasnt until the voice mail that hell broke loose. 

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

The moment Domination was announced, everyone pretty much knew something was up and that her team was getting too comfortable with the money rolling in. It was too soon and even Britney herself said it was too much for her and we as fans agreed. She should’ve taken a break and understandably so as back to back shows? Doesn’t make sense even other artists got their breaks.

She didn’t look well yet they were gonna focus on her aging father who can barely handle his own life yet responsible for her empire? Basically Robin saying she can work any day even her own birthday.  

• Love 5
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ROL said:

Yeah also this. The 2018 Europe POM tour was a mess behind the scenes and we all knew a lil’ something something was wrong. I know for a fact Britney had an argument behind the scenes and threw a water bottle at one of her security guards during M&G because my friend (fan) was there lmao, never seen this rumour but there you go. We all also thought a new residency so quick was odd but with like everything else in Britney’s world I just assumed her team would sweep it under the rug and she would start the next era like nothing happened like they always did.

Was the guard Edan? 

Did your friend pick up on what was being said/what they were arguing about? 

That is so interesting. 

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

THIS. You nailed it in one sentence. For years I wondered what would Primeney think of the Britney from 2008 to the present? 

I remember back in 2019, we started making fun of her absence in social media and paparazzi pics. This fanbase has always dealt drama and issues in general with good and great sense of humor, so I remember posting #WhereIsBritneySpears as a funny way to kinda say she hadnt been seen in a while. Little did we know what was all behind. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

around March or so we got a rumor that has never been confirmed of an Ariana Grande fan seeing her enter the building he worked at, and he claimed she went to the bathroom and peed green, and didn't flush.

That was strange.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

@glittershimmer, welcome to exhale btw. Did you join just to ask this question? I’m just curious… :wonka_meme_hat_purple:

Thanks, I'm actually a veteran Britney fan but I lost track of her somewhere around Glory era. Once the Make Me video was yet another mess of deleted scenes and re-edits, I checked out and didn't come back until 2019 when the voicemail leaked.

I have some thoughts on the Britney Vs Spears doc that i'm going to post later.

2 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

We’ve known something was wrong since For the Record. If you didn’t pick up on her palpable sadness through Femme Fatale, XFactor, or BJ, then idk what to tell you. Also, her fans are well aware of Jamie’s storied history of alcoholism, incompetence, and abuse, so I don’t recall anyone being terribly concerned about him or his health. Some were more respectful about it than others but we were all thinking the same thing.. 

The respect and adoration Brits fans have for her does not (and never has) extended to her criminal family. 

Yeah, all of this!

• Love 1

Girl that whole situation was a culmination that brought many suspicions to the for front. 
Lots of us have been on to it for years, people would honestly call me crazy. 

If you play close enough attention you’ll see all the hints and just how clear it was.

When For the Record aired originally and she said, “I’m sad” that was it for me. I told my mom something was very wrong and she agreed

• Love 2
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

That video she made while in the facility was it for me. Like IT!! I could see SOOOO much pain and worry in her eyes. It honestly looked like she had just got finished crying. Heck even her voice sounded like she just got done crying. I was truly angry at that point. 

SAME. I saw the pain right in her eyes and I knew they were doing something shady 100% and was very angry.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ChaosMoogle said:

Girl that whole situation was a culmination that brought many suspicions to the for front. 
Lots of us have been on to it for years, people would honestly call me crazy. 

If you play close enough attention you’ll see all the hints and just how clear it was.

When For the Record aired originally and she said, “I’m sad” that was it for me. I told my mom something was very wrong and she agreed

Yup, same. I had been saying to everyone something was wrong with this c-ship after For The Record. You could see how sad she was and I really thought after the Circus era that the c-ship would end because it was clear she no longer needed it (and IMO, NEVER needed it - she just needed support, not some drunk ******* to take her entire life away)

• Love 2

First of all it is known that something has been wrong since 2008.... but after the mess with the announcement of Domination and then she said her father was ill... since that message we have seen him several times and she is gone... 

Doesn't make any sense, does it?:sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, glittershimmer said:

Thanks, I'm actually a veteran Britney fan but I lost track of her somewhere around Glory era. Once the Make Me video was yet another mess of deleted scenes and re-edits, I checked out and didn't come back until 2019 when the voicemail leaked.

I have some thoughts on the Britney Vs Spears doc that i'm going to post later.

A veteran fan that dropped off after glory? How you must be a real hard core #freebritney advocate. Jordan, Chris Crocker and Britneysgram are shaking. 

All you do is speak poorly of the woman we’re all here to support, so don’t be mad that I think your opinion on the documentary is irrelevant. Kindly save it 

I picked up that something wasn't right during 'The Circus Starring...' Tour.

In contrast, The Circus promo tour, Womanizer, Circus & If U Seek Amy music videos had me thinking this was serving her well. Please don't drag me for this because this is in NO way any sort of a dig at Britney whatsoever!! But as somebody her age and with the same absolute passion for dance that she has, as much as some fans say she killed it on the Circus Starring Tour, I lost a huge piece of my excitement for her as a fan watching the fan videos on YouTube. It wasn't just her energy being low on some performances, I could genuinely see her heart was not in it whatsoever. She was just scoring some of the moves, and it felt like she was in protest, and now it's clear as day why knowing what we know now. 

I never voiced these opinions on here because I thought the army would head on attack me, like I was just another hater, or 'not satisfied', or not a 'real fan'. I love this girl, I love her passion for music and dance as I have that in myself. She has given me energy and confidence to be the best version of myself in times when I've mostly felt I had to put on an alter-ego just to get through the noise. And as her light faded, I could feel mine fade too. Because that passion was dying. I felt that. And I think a lot of her fans can possibly relate to that too.

Everything after that, For The Record, Femme Fatale Tour, Britney Jean, Piece Of Me, Domination, none of it felt right. I never trusted anything we were being told... but I also didn't have a clue what I could do to help, or if any help I gave would make any impact. I'm just really thankful to the people who got up and fought for her. And that 2022 will open every door that so many held shut. <3

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

This fanbase has always dealt drama and issues in general with good and great sense of humor

Lmao right, I remember threads about the most annoying moves on POM, her ticks, suff like that. It's like we were frustrated by her but at the same time getting laughs from it.

It's sad though, Britney didn't deserve none of this mess. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 1
  • Like 1