How did fans know something was wrong after Domination got cancelled?

I still don't get why She would now post on the same Instagram where there are still all those fake posts, the "me time", "colon illness" etc...like really?

The answer to the Op question Is very simple, She vanished for way too long from socials and publicly and then that call to the gram girls just ignited everything

• Love 1

There were a lot of things that led up to that point but I honestly don't know how that resulted in the court investigating her case because the movement wasn't the way it is now. It was just mostly online back then but I guess team con thankfully did everything wrong for it to get to this point. They could have easily suppressed the movement before it got ignited like they did in the past.

50 minutes ago, Body ache said:

There were a lot of things that led up to that point but I honestly don't know how that resulted in the court investigating her case because the movement wasn't the way it is now. It was just mostly online back then but I guess team con thankfully did everything wrong for it to get to this point. They could have easily suppressed the movement before it got ignited like they did in the past.

I think it it was a snowball effect that started with fans trying to get the hashtag trending on Twitter. I remember that it was a big deal back then, people would pick a specific time to spam Twitter, with some success although some posts were being recognised as, well... spam :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:.
Later some minor news websites or bloggers would report on those concerns that fans had. There was a hearing scheduled for 2019 and some people gathered to picket in front of the court, I think some bigger-ish news networks started to report on that as well. At one point lawyers with online presence became interested in this matter and would analyse the situation, which definitely helped to counter the 'conspiracy theory' angle that was still strong at the time. Then there was TikTok, celebrities mentioning the movement (Miley, Cher, Yvie Oddly even wore an outfit with the hashtag on it during RuPaul finale). All those things seemed like not THAT much at the time, but everything accumulated throughout the time and here we are. There were probably a hundred more situations like these though, these are just off the top of my head. 

3 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

A veteran fan that dropped off after glory? How you must be a real hard core #freebritney advocate. Jordan, Chris Crocker and Britneysgram are shaking. 

All you do is speak poorly of the woman we’re all here to support, so don’t be mad that I think your opinion on the documentary is irrelevant. Kindly save it 

I think you've misinterpreted my tone. If I wasn't here for 2017-2019, then I don't have key context leading up to the revealing of her imprisonment. I never knew her 2018 tour was a mess, for example. Which is why I asked this question, and I have gained a ton of knowledge already about things I didn't even know had happened. I haven't once spoken poorly of her in this thread?? If you really think me saying "But doesn't her disappearance go in line with caring for her dad" is me dissing her, you're completely mistaken. All I knew of 2019 was that she announced Domination wasn't happening because her dad was sick. Not everyone follows everything on a daily basis.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MrTrouble said:

I think it it was a snowball effect that started with fans trying to get the hashtag trending on Twitter. I remember that it was a big deal back then, people would pick a specific time to spam Twitter, with some success although some posts were being recognised as, well... spam :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:.
Later some minor news websites or bloggers would report on those concerns that fans had. There was a hearing scheduled for 2019 and some people gathered to picket in front of the court, I think some bigger-ish news networks started to report on that as well. At one point lawyers with online presence became interested in this matter and would analyse the situation, which definitely helped to counter the 'conspiracy theory' angle that was still strong at the time. Then there was TikTok, celebrities mentioning the movement (Miley, Cher, Yvie Oddly even wore an outfit with the hashtag on it during RuPaul finale). All those things seemed like not THAT much at the time, but everything accumulated throughout the time and here we are. There were probably a hundred more situations like these though, these are just off the top of my head. 

If I'm not mistaken the video where she mentions "burning her gym down" also drew a lot of attention and made people wonder if she was actually okay.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

We’ve known something was wrong since For the Record. If you didn’t pick up on her palpable sadness through Femme Fatale, XFactor, or BJ, then idk what to tell you. Also, her fans are well aware of Jamie’s storied history of alcoholism, incompetence, and abuse, so I don’t recall anyone being terribly concerned about him or his health. Some were more respectful about it than others but we were all thinking the same thing.. 

The respect and adoration Brits fans have for her does not (and never has) extended to her criminal family. 

This.

It's not like  I am going to take any credit for what some fans have done, cause I have done nothing but read and occasionally post. But having paid attention to her, one way or another since her earloer days, to me there was something off since her "comeback" and it just became increasingly noticeable and worrisome with the passing of time and her changing behavior. I actually steered away from anything related to Britney's fanbase, cause whenever I or a few others, would bring something up about how weird it all felt, how unhappy she looked or even how many of her ticks seemed consistent with those of heavily medicated individuals, a section of the fanbase would erupt at worst or at best, only respond we wete expecting too much from her, demanding, complaining, not appreciating blah blah, when in reality, it was upsetting to see these crowds cheering on someone who clearly was not happy and going through hardships. So, maybe a few noticed something since the beginning. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I knew a conservatorship is abuse of a person’s human rights so no matter what it looked like on the surface it was obviously wrong just because of that. 

10 minutes ago, Bigno said:

This.

It's not like  I am going to take any credit for what some fans have done, cause I have done nothing but read and occasionally post. But having paid attention to her, one way or another since her earloer days, to me there was something off since her "comeback" and it just became increasingly noticeable and worrisome with the passing of time and her changing behavior. I actually steered away from anything related to Britney's fanbase, cause whenever I or a few others, would bring something up about how weird it all felt, how unhappy she looked or even how many of her ticks seemed consistent with those of heavily medicated individuals, a section of the fanbase would erupt at worst or at best, only respond we wete expecting too much from her, demanding, complaining, not appreciating blah blah, when in reality, it was upsetting to see these crowds cheering on someone who clearly was not happy and going through hardships. So, maybe a few noticed something since the beginning. 

Yes it has been the same now as well and certain topics are still treated like that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, glittershimmer said:

If I'm not mistaken the video where she mentions "burning her gym down" also drew a lot of attention and made people wonder if she was actually okay.

Yes. Despite clearly being medicated for a decade, with that video it suddenly hit that it must've been affecting her way more than anyone can imagine. However, most people just took it as her being crazy and needing medication, ironically enough.

Something was VERY wrong since 2018 POM last concerts...

From 2011 all the time we would see her a little anxious, awkward but doing her job... then she just stopped. There was some mess with the M&Gs, her forgetting where is she, one day they cancelled the M&Gs and this was huge.

A lot of us were making comments like she's changed, she's no longer a sweetheart, she's lazy and she continues to make money with minimal effort, doesn't love her fans... Now we know she had no other choice. That's very sad :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

I couldn't understand that. A lot of people felt like insulting Britney was the best way to express their feelings.

I'm not saying I'm an angel though, but what is wrong here is not the fans. Where was her loving daddy at that time when she needed support? Where was the unconditional love? When you think of this, his lawyers' statements are even more ridiculous.

All these 13 years we were lurking for glimpses of her real personality that her team has been sweeping under the rug and putting a fake one with ****ty airbrushed Randee pics.

• Love 1

I knew she was being treated BAD when she did the POM Europe leg of the tour and those stories came out about the meet and greets where fans were being treated terrible by the security and it was obvious she was being forced to do the m&g's. Also when she came to belgium (where I'm from) they put her up in a pretty basic hotel, as if they didn't want to spend money on a nice hotelroom for her. It honestly felt as if she was being trafficked and they wanted to milk the POM residency for every last dime.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I knew she was being treated BAD when she did the POM Europe leg of the tour and those stories came out about the meet and greets where fans were being treated terrible by the security and it was obvious she was being forced to do the m&g's. Also when she came to belgium (where I'm from) they put her up in a pretty basic hotel, as if they didn't want to spend money on a nice hotelroom for her. It honestly felt as if she was being trafficked and they wanted to milk the POM residency for every last dime.

This is so awful, I had no idea. I didn't follow this tour at all :(

I went to see her on the POM tour in London in 2018 and while she was in good spirits, the video of that girl who said Britney was really rude to her came out just after it. You could also tell during that tour she didn’t want to do it. 

When they cancelled Domination it just felt like it had to be coming from Britney because her greedy team would never pass up on more money. Nobody was really here for another residency straight after 5 years of POM.

• Like 1

The tour was very bizarre, she had weird hand movements, always fixed her hair, put no effort into her dance moves, then would be too fast and faster than the dancers and always looked off.

Then the domination rehearsals were amazing, but the announcement was clearly weird when she was pushed away from the stage, not allowed to sign fans pictures, and put straight in a car.

Then she was last seen at in-and-out burger and didn’t post on IG for ages. Then Britney’s gram received the voicemail from the Paralegal saying she was forced into a mental facility. 

That’s when the movement began really 

It started since the 2018 POM tour. That was a big mess that escalated quickly. Fans were already mad that Britney had cheap costumes and panda eyes, and her ticks were more common at this time. I had the impression Britney really saw her show as a workout rather as a "perfomance" cuz she wasn't really performing tho, so that was a red flag... At this point a retiring or a break sounded good (it looked like it was a gonna be the next step), but then the Domination happened, and it all was a big mess. there was some disagreement because you could see Britney was into in on the choreographies and tooking the leadership on what she wanted, but then the announcement was a mess, the remixes were the same, the tickets were not selling, so literally it just didnt work. I remember a ig video where she said she was excited for the next year behind a Christmas tree, and it was really bad. It was a big surprise when her ig announced the cancellation, and it was another red flag when the dancers said they found out through the ig post:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: fans were speculating about the low sales, but it seemed more pausable that it was about her dad (at that point also we didnt know anything about their relationship). But there were more red flags since his colon rupture happened on july 2018 p.e and Britney was checked into a mental facility on january 2019, and then of course nobody knew where she was, then Andrew Wallet resigned, so really it was all a big mess.

I must say since the beginning I really didnt believe she was being abused or put against her will into a mental health facility (even though the voicemail already leaked it) since we knew very little about the conservatorship, considering Wallet said it was an "hibrid bussiness model", I thought it was something to manage her finances (and I naively thought she was fine with it) So with that small information It was impressing that the movement scalated so fast, because we just didnt knew nothing lmao (rather than the FTR doc, that banned 2016 uk interview, and some rumors). But then people were start digging it, they found out about Lou, Tri Star got more relevant, the amount of money she made, the silence from her family... etc. And of course at this point (mid 2019) she started to look more erratic on her ig videos, almost as if she was bored at her house lol, so that's when the movement took off. It was a rollercoaster tbh and it was more brave how people were advocating for her but without her, because she remained in silence until June of this year (besides the Ingham statement tho, but with that some fans were still skeptical)

• Love 1

I found some threads so y'all look at see what was our perspective

You could see this is the first glimpse of the conservatorship being a cashgrab, but again, there were a lot of fans who were skeptical

lmao I love people who say that she is working because she has to pay so many people... as if she couldnt afford to pay all those people without ever performing again in her life. And then saying that KEVIN will take away visitation. lmao he cant. He would need a very good reason (*****, abuse) to refuse visitation.

She is hardly a prisoner. Oh and also it's all her fault anyways in case you forgot. She's probably the only person on the planet that could make Kevin look like a model parent during the breakdown. But according to everyone here it's everyone else's fault and Brit is just a victim.

I think she is happy to perform a show in the same area and not have to travel. I also think she is happy to milk her career for as long as possible. She knows that if she takes a break now and comes back in her 40ies she cant keep doing the same *** kitten thing. So instead of re inventing herself she is milking her old shtick until the public is sick of her and it doesnt work. then she will retire with her reputation ruined.

I'm conflicted.. I just saw pappa spears on Jamie Lynns story last week and he seemed fine. Yes, the man is looking old, but they had fun. 
So the first thought was also oh are the sales that bad, or have they come up with a new concept...

But.. My father is terminal ill too, and it really messes with ones head. It's hard to focus on being happy and even work can be hard, even though I have an office-job. Not that hard, but it takes a lot of focus. And I guess Britney isn't that strong mentally to just push that away 8 hours a day in dancing.

• Love 1