Sam Ashgari is not happy about the Doc: "I hope the profit from these docs go towards fighting against injustice #FreeBritney"

Oxic
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful and refrain from name calling/throwing insults.

4 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Everyone has been profiting off of Britney for the past decade. The last documentary was a huge force in the public’s awareness to Britney’s situation. It turned the narrative. This exposure from Netflix will only help shed more light on her situation and raise questions as to who else could be suffering right now.  I find it silly to act like financial profiting is an issue. Focus on the message. There’s a light at the end of this messy tunnel. 

I find this no different then a jeweler using Britney’s name to sell engagement rings.  I like Sam, but this was a big no for me. 

Literally THIS or when he’s getting paid to do interviews mostly about her, it is cringe and so hypocritical I’m so tired

I can’t at people shaming Sam when the only person who said he didn’t approve of the doc was the OP! :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

All he said was he hopes the money made from this doc helps those in need. And is there anyone who doesn’t agree with that? Y’all are too much :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

• Like 2

I can see where he's coming from maybe (though I'm sure he's made money off Britney's name ... Not a read just a fact), but if the documentary focuses on the corruption all around her instead of Britney herself, it can only help. Framing Britney Spears was already about Britney the person and symbol, and did a huge service to turning the general public's opinion about her - ppl love to talk when you're wearing Britney merch lol and I've even noticed a diff in how they talk about her and the case since after that doc. Hopefully the doc plays out like the trailer hints and has some bombshells about the lawyers/judges/lou? If not, then yes it's just a rehash and cashing in on the current Britney fascination of the GP. I like Sam, but it's hard to take him seriously about this stuff  bc Brit literally plucked him from obscurity. Man's banked from Britney, whether or not you have a weird opinion on the legitimacy of their relationship. 

Just feels strange that's all. I'd love to just hear how Britney feels about this from her directly, and not just social media posts.

4 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Not you bringing up that racist drugproblem Twitter user in here and his 2 cent tweet. The facts are that this documentary is EXPLOITIVE and brings up past traumas that Britney is NOT comfortable with for the whole world to be reminded of again. Will I be watching and supporting? Yes. But that is the fact of the matter. It’s show business. It’s a dog-eat-dog industry. At least Britney has better people in her life and the world is well aware and rooting for her victory. It’s a win-lose situation. On one hand, your story is publicized but on the other hand, it’s traumatizing (or as Britney said before - she was embarrassed.)

OMF how is **** problem racist 

I have spoken w him before hfjfjfj

7 hours ago, darkchildremix said:

Doesn't he know that these people are also helping Britney in her fight for freedom? Without the NYT doc, the general public would never pay this much attention to this case because Britney is not Taylor or Beyonce. 

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever::oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever::oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever::oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever::oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever::oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

You're spot on. At this point I honestly don't care if Sam likes it or not. TBH I don't care if Britney likes it or not. We need to raise awareness as long as the conservatorship is in place. And this doc will help with that. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

He did speak up many times however??? He did it all while also respecting his significant other’s privacy and in a way that wouldn’t get him kicked out of her life. You must understand that had Sam prematurely said anything that rubbed TeamCon the wrong way, his motives would have instantly been questioned and he probably would have gotten the boot. He was also there for her — emotionally, mentally and physically — when literally no one else was or was willing to stay with her due to the heavy constraints. Use a little common sense now.

He spoke up during this last year! Year 12/13 so let’s be real and not dissolve the fact that NO ONE helped this woman until NOW! I am not saying I don’t appreciate it happening now rather than later but let’s not pretend anyone had her back and did a *** **** thing to help her for over a decade.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DanjaMouse said:

Maybe that was her wishes … 

she has also never said a word publicly herself until June of this year when there is always a way of getting your voice heard, even if it meant screaming it the people following you with video cameras whenever you leave home. 

& yet she didn’t. It’s clearly a huge mystery but like I said and she even said somewhat no one did a *** **** thing to help her. It’s not taking away what is transpiring now but we can’t erase the facts.

5 hours ago, Brenton said:

I think some of you forget that by speaking out sooner he could easily have been pushed out by team con and so probably thought it was best to support her privately so she had a support network around her. 

I don’t buy that honestly. They didn’t want anyone around getting close to her they wouldn’t just let him slip through the cracks.

Team Con knew what they were doing. Somehow someway he was kept around. I’m glad they love each other but it’s definitely another big ? In all of this

• Love 2
  • Like 3