Sam Ashgari is not happy about the Doc: "I hope the profit from these docs go towards fighting against injustice #FreeBritney"

Oxic
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful and refrain from name calling/throwing insults.

So people are bashing him for voicing more or less what Britney herself feels? I don't agree with him because I think these docs help in keeping public pressure on the matter but then again I'm not the one living it and having the whole world talk about my life...he sure has more reasons to be upset about yet another doc making money off of the life struggles of someone he shares a life with, than some fans have reasons to hate him

• Like 4

I think the docs are good to shed light on the situation but I can understand why he feels everyone is trying to exploit her… I mean it is what the world has done. There is a business empire to probing every little piece of her life at her expense. 

Personally I believe the documentaries help and I’m excited to see any new thing unearthed. 

• Like 2

These documentaries are made by people whose jobs it is to make them.  Of course they’re gonna get paid…just like we get paid to do our job.  Should documentaries about things like social injustice line they pockets rather than donate to a related cause?  No, it would be nice if they did, but again, it’s their job.  Britney’s case is public record.   She didn’t want it locked away like a “family secret”.  The public is on her side now after these documentaries laid out a foundation of truth.  I understand her having embarrassment over her mistakes, but these documentaries paint her in a phenomenal light…a woman who is HUMAN just like us.  These documentaries also cast a giant light on the people who are exploiting her…I just hope this one includes Lou Taylor and Andrew Wallet.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I cant make sense of this comment honestly. Until she is free and able to tell her story herself ( Havnt been able to for 13 YEARS - which sam has been part of for 5) these docs are necessary!! Money is the reason to all of this madness and here we are again talking about who gets the cash? Idk its not like she is an artist out there doing her thing and this suddenly dropped. It dropped because she couldnt do it herself, as a helping hand...? And netfelix has funded it themselves. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Honestly, I agree. At this point, we don't need more docs to raise awareness (the first doc was different, because it really opened people's eyes to what was going on). But since the first doc, things have changed. The world knows about Britney's situation and things are being handled in the courts and through the legal system. Britney has a competent lawyer who is on her side and who is taking care of business, and, as far I'm concerned, he is the only one who needs to know about all the ins and outs of the conservatorship. A new doc is not going to do anything to help Britney. On the contrary, it might drag up painful details from her past again, when she really just wants to be left alone so she can heal from her trauma.

All these media corporations jumping on the bandwagon to get a piece of the pie feels kind of icky to me. In the end, it kind of feels like everyone still wants a piece of Britney, they're still profiting from her and her pain and trauma. So yes, unless part of the profit goes to some charity fighting conservatorship abuse or something like that, I'm very skeptical as to the intentions behind this (i.e. turning a quick profit now that this is a "hot topic"). I'd rather wait until Britney is free and able to tell her own story, on her own terms -- or, you know, not tell us ****, because that's her right, too.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

So many people have already said what I would’ve said. I think the documentaries have and will elevate her case to the attention of the GP, which is important. I think the GP is mainly on her side.

I don’t know if Sam’s opinion is the same as Britney’s, but in some ways I can imagine the frustration of having her life re-examined and reevaluated. At the same time, the docs are not disparaging or disingenuous.

• Like 8
Just now, G-unit said:

These documentaries are made by people whose jobs it is to make them.  Of course they’re gonna get paid…just like we get paid to do our job.  Should documentaries about things like social injustice line they pockets rather than donate to a related cause?  No, it would be nice if they did, but again, it’s their job.  Britney’s case is public record.   She didn’t want it locked away like a “family secret”.  The public is on her side now after these documentaries laid out a foundation of truth.  I understand her having embarrassment over her mistakes, but these documentaries paint her in a phenomenal light…a woman who is HUMAN just like us.  These documentaries also cast a giant light on the people who are exploiting her…I just hope this one includes Lou Taylor and Andrew Wallet.

I wonder if Farrow should pay too despite exposing entire cship system. 

Because you k ow Bobby and sam said it.

• Like 1

You know, what he wrote doesn’t mean he’s against these types of documentaries. He is only saying that the people who are concerned don’t seem to be making any sort of profits from it (eg. Britney and possibly foundation against conservatorships?) .

Pretty certain Sam is all for Britney’s freedom. He just wants her to be able to benefit more from it, especially seems her money seems to be an actual issue explored by the doc. I do think Britney should be entitled to profits of this movie since it’s her image that is discussed.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tara_isa said:

So people are bashing him for voicing more or less what Britney herself feels?

And what does Britney feel? She ‘cried for two weeks’? Sure….

Unless I hear her say how she feels with her own voice I think I’ve had quite enough of people speaking on her behalf. Captions on a platform like instagram that she legally doesn’t own or is unlikely to have access to are not a source as to ‘how Britney feels’.

How did he get access to her in the first place when we know for a fact that friends had to sneak cellphones to her in a freakin’ gym locker room.

It’s still slavery and we need answers. Until then I trust no one.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I honestly was going to respond to his comment under the IG post,but reminded myself that I am an adult. I don't care much for Sam, I am not for him or against him. Its Britney’s choice. I am upset that everything that has been popping off this year regarding Britney’s case has been in larger part thanks to @Jordan Miller and each and every single one of us who have been supporting Britney all these years. It has not been easy, Ive been a fan since Baby One More Time, so believe me when I say, its painful to watch and hear what Britney has been put through.But the only way we can help or have been able to help, is by doing this, creating a massive disruption, attracting attention to the case, sparking interest for stories, documentaries, that has escalated this corruption to a global scale. There might be or might not be reasons, but what about all the exploitation she has endured in the past 13yrs, including those he was her BF? This can be seen as NetFlix making money off the case, but at least its useful and beneficial to her circumstance, causing more awareness and pressure to end this horror.  

• Love 1

Also anything that keeps public eye and public pressure on this case and on the legal system is a positive. 

Framing Britney Spears was reported on and spoken about worldwide in countries that hadn’t really cared or mentioned her since 2013/14 and helped ramp up the conversation on what what going on. It’s all been a snowball effect ultimately leading to Britney’s own verbal testimony 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

So many people have already said what I would’ve said. I think the documentaries have and will elevate her case to the attention of the GP, which is important. I think the GP is mainly on her side.

I don’t know if Sam’s opinion is the same as Britney’s, but in some ways I can imagine the frustration of having her life re-examined and reevaluated. At the same time, the docs are not disparaging or disingenuous.

This is the best and most perfect response. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Fans, yes fans, sometimes forget that Britney is HUMAN and having your past traumas displayed for the whole world to see can be very taxing to one’s psyche. This is what essentially chewed Britney alive back then. Sam is clearly reiterating what Britney has felt or said before. It’s his way of being overprotective over her and for good reasons. In a way, it is exploitative marketing but that’s unfortunately how showbiz works and fans are having a hard time swallowing that pill. I just hope this documentary will focus more on her legacy and why the conservatorship is wrong rather than dissecting her personal life traumas like they did in Framing. 

• Love 2