Jesy Nelson releases fierce trailer for solo era “this is the music I’ve always wanted to make”

Slayer

2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

So I don't understand, shouldn't we NOT be looking at her body? Didn't she say over and over again that she suffered 10 years in LM because of the media scrutiny over her body? Why is she making it central in her new single now? Or her problem was being shown with skinnier women (the other LM members) next to her? I.DON'T.GET.IT.

The thing with girl groups is that people often compare each member to another. They always scrutinise and pick what each girl is good or bad at, or how she stands out or is different to the rest. With Jesy, it was always about the body. People referred to her as "the fatty one" or sth like that. That continued for years and it had bad consequences on her mental health. So to answer your question, I think it's the latter or at least that's what I understand it to be. Now that she's on her own she can control what she puts on display and tbh people wouldn't comment on her physique as much, or at least they won't compare her to other women from the same group. Now she runs the show. 

Imagine putting Megan Thee Stalion in a girl group with all the other ones being slim. Unfortunately, people would probably call her fat or sth nasty like that. The situation is still very icky with girl groups. Jesy wasn't feeling okay in the group but she still loves to perform/record music so let's see what she's got to bring on the table. It may well empower her. Going solo isn't a bad thing. 

Wishing all the best to Jesy and I hope she delivers with this new music. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

Why have I not been able to view pictures on this prim for the last few week? I got nothing 

3 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

The thing with girl groups is that people often compare each member to another. They always scrutinise and pick what each girl is good or bad at, or how she stands out or is different to the rest. With Jesy, it was always about the body. People referred to her as "the fatty one" or sth like that. That continued for years and it had bad consequences on her mental health. So to answer your question, I think it's the latter or at least that's what I understand it to be. Now that she's on her own she can control what she puts on display and tbh people wouldn't comment on her physique as much, or at least they won't compare her to other women from the same group. Now she runs the show. 

Imagine putting Megan Thee Stalion in a girl group with all the other ones being slim. Unfortunately, people would probably call her fat or sth nasty like that. The situation is still very icky with girl groups. Jesy wasn't feeling okay in the group but she still loves to perform/record music so let's see what she's got to bring on the table. It may well empower her. Going solo isn't a bad thing. 

Thank you for your reply but everybody always tells me the same thing... They explain me what happened THEN. But I'm asking about NOW, how she'll tackle this new era as a solo artist. It doesn't seem like much has changed. She's just standing alone on the stage / video set. I mean, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Sometimes I just feel like she just wants that validation. I don't feel like she's learned to look for it in another way (from WITHIN, for example... or at least not from the way her body looks).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Thank you for your reply but everybody always tells me the same thing... They explain me what happened THEN. But I'm asking about NOW, how she'll tackle this new era as a solo artist. It doesn't seem like much has changed. She's just standing alone on the stage / video set. I mean, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Sometimes I just feel like she just wants that validation. I don't feel like she's learned to look for it in another way (from WITHIN, for example... or at least not from the way her body looks).

Well, we don't really know what is happening now because she still hasn't released anything. And again, how else is she able to gain control of her image if she doesn't go solo? If she's to remain in the spotlight, that's the natural thing to do if she's not feeling happy with the group. The other options I suppose would be to not perform at all and retire (which she doesn't want at this point as she loves performing) or cover herself up with clothes (again, a temporary solution). To me, it seems like it's about taking control. She's going to do things on her own terms, meaning if she feels comfortable to show skin, she will and if she doesn't, she won't. Also, being in a group sets a certain standard that everyone feels pressured to adhere to while now she can set whatever standard she wants for herself. 

You may well be right too. Only time can tell so let's see how she develops from here onwards. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

@Slayer everybody knows,  jesy was happy to work the rappers the most, and was always more provocative than the other girls..

The girls aren't prude, but watch the glory days documentary, and you can see Jesy wasn't as shy about her love of adult themes like s** and such.

The other 3 were more thinking about the younger fans wanting to be role models. 

Jesy liked relating more to people her age than kids. 

And who is she rumored to work with Nicki. 

Jesy was always vocal about her love of hip hop and R&B..

The others liked being on radio, making money. To Jesy that wasn't important if she couldn't be herself. 

A lot played as well as her mental health.  

You can tell the girls returned to dance Music after the lm5 album which was political and very urban based failed compared to the Million seller that is Glory days. 

To me Jesy doesn't care about sales or what's popular..

If it flops, it flops but it's what Jesy wanted not some big corporation.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Wow you e convinced me! I’m excited!!

• Love 2

I don’t get her.
She left the band due publicity and she is going sing solo.

If she wasn’t satisfied with the music style - she needed to explain her quit by that not because of bad publicity.

With Jesy, it was always about the body. People referred to her as "the fatty one" or sth like that. That continued for years and it had bad consequences on her mental health. So to answer your question, I think it's the latter or at least that's what I understand it to be. Now that she's on her own she can control what she puts on display and tbh people wouldn't comment on her physique as much, or at least they won't compare her to other women from the same group. Now she runs the show. 

But why people still don’t refer her as “the fatty one”? Still people refer to Melanie C as sporty one or Geri Halliwell as ginger one.. 
For 90% of people who knew her due Little Mix time and though as fatty one, she will be “the fatty one” till the end of the days, doesn’t matter if she is solo artist or back in the band.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Acer said:

I don’t get her.
She left the band due publicity and she is going sing solo.

If she wasn’t satisfied with the music style - she needed to explain her quit by that not because of bad publicity.

But why people still don’t refer her as “the fatty one”? Still people refer to Melanie C as sporty one or Geri Halliwell as ginger one.. 
For 90% of people who knew her due Little Mix time and though as fatty one, she will be “the fatty one” till the end of the days, doesn’t matter if she is solo artist or back in the band.

Yes and no. When she was part of the group she was in the environment that allowed that to happen. People attached a label to her based on her role in the group, among the other girls. 

Going solo is firstly her way of releasing the music she wants and second, her way of breaking from the stereotype she was put in in Little Mix. Now it's her time to shine, on her own terms. Obviously LM will forever be part of who she is as an artist and a person. Going solo is merely the next chapter. The other girls won't be right next to her in music videos/performances so people won't compare her with other people on stage (excluding dancers). This time she's on her own and things are and will be a little different. Just watch. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Super stoked for this one, shes very talented. But I'm somewhat confused, didn't she say that fame was taking its toll on her and that shes gonna take a break after leaving the group? Instead she decided to venture solo which is even more difficult :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Super stoked for this one, shes very talented. But I'm somewhat confused, didn't she say that fame was taking its toll on her and that shes gonna take a break after leaving the group? Instead she decided to venture solo which is even more difficult :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Jesy is definitely going down the urban/r&b route, plus she's an incredible dancer so i'm sure you'll like her! :)

No she never said she was taking a break from the music industry at all. She said being in a group and constantly being referred to as the fat ugly one and always having to compromise is what made her leave. Jesy said in an interview a few months ago people in Little Mix's team would make her feel uncomfortable every time she'd show up to work.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
59 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Jesy is definitely going down the urban/r&b route, plus she's an incredible dancer so i'm sure you'll like her! :)

No she never said she was taking a break from the music industry at all. She said being in a group and constantly being referred to as the fat ugly one and always having to compromise is what made her leave. Jesy said in an interview a few months ago people in Little Mix's team would make her feel uncomfortable every time she'd show up to work.

ohhhh okk! that makes more sense then. I'm glad she decided to abandon such a toxic environment then tbh, good for her :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Love 1

Im sure the song is gonna be bop, very radio commercial friendly, 3 minutes for the maximum stream

H O W E V E R   I think they did 2 mistakes:

1) featuring Nicki since she already had song with Little Mix which doesnt make such difference as she stated she wants

2) song is set up on sample of Bad Boys For Life by P.Diddy and even contains the main lyric hook from it which doesnt make it unique

As Britney would say, we have to wait and see haha for the record ok GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block