Jennifer Aniston on stars like Britney: "The media took advantage of that, capitalized on them, and it ultimately cost them their sanity."

I feel like many of you expect her to dive full on deep into Britney's situation during an interview about herself. Why would she do that? The reporters probably wouldn't want that or include that. Jennifer brings up a valid point that you are looking over. Britney I believe did lose part of her sanity in 2007. I also believe she has healed from it. Kinda stupid that many of you are trying to come for her for this. :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair: 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I’m not really sure how to take the statement. I mean it may have just come across is sounding a little judgemental. I mean it could be seen as she’s pointing fingers at her mother as not being strict enough or she was just making a broad statement about how she was raised! But then she commented on being told to learn her craft and not try to get lucky! I think the only luck Britney got was the fact that they could see her talent and then she was basically just thrust into instant fame! I also think saying that they lost their sanity was really a bit much and not very supportive in my opinion! It sounds too much like labeling! It also seems to lack  any sensitivity to the situation and to the current situation that she’s dealing with! So I don’t know how to take her statement to be honest. But I don’t think it was really being supportive!

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Prachi said:

What? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

It was some guy who would pit on a wig and outfits like britney and parody her videos. He did one I believe specifically reenacting the "i burnt my gym down" one lol and another of the top comments were like

"I love how Jennifer Aniston liked this haha"

"omg Jennifer Aniston Favorited this 😂

I SWEAR I remember this happening lol. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AjBritFan said:

It was some guy who would pit on a wig and outfits like britney and parody her videos. He did one I believe specifically reenacting the "i burnt my gym down" one lol and another of the top comments were like

"I love how Jennifer Aniston liked this haha"

"omg Jennifer Aniston Favorited this 😂

I SWEAR I remember this happening lol. 

:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

Oof, really clumsy choice of wording. I think she meant well though and was trying to be sympathetic. Substitute "sanity" with "freedom" and it would be on point. I think by referencing her mother and her waitressing jobs she was just pointing out that she had the opportunity for some normality and obscurity as a young person before becoming a huge star.

• Like 1

Hmmm love her in Friends but what a pathetic, disappointing and self centred response, also quite arrogant. Reminds me of Lorde ages ago ‘I won’t go off the rails because my parents raised me right’ bs - fk off! Most of the celebrity responses to this have been soooo disappointing and show what a gross vapid industry it is and that celebs only seem interested in supporting causes that will benefit their media image. Also saying Britney lost her sanity is so disgusting, I wonder if she would say that about any other celeb.

• Like 2

So "girls like" Britney got lucky, didn't really work, had no craft,  just wanted to be famous, had no self-awareness, and went insane. Not like Jennifer, who worked really, really hard, studied theatre, and worked her way up to success.  (Seriously, does she think Britney Spears' first  public gig was on Disney?) But she's "heartbroken" for them.

I like Jennifer Aniston, but that was an unusually thoughtless comment and she doesn't know what she's talking about, even if you leave Britney out of it. The best you could say is maybe the interview took place before a lot of the recent coverage. For someone who usually chooses her words so carefully, that paragraph is a low point.

• Like 3

I think people still see britney with mental health issues, and now they are finally seeing that people have taken advantage of that and the conservatorship. Like for me I dont think she needs a conservatorship, but I dont think she is ever going to fully recover from her breakdown in 2007, I dont think anyone would, and then she has to relive it all the time just hurts any progress she can make. If you read other people comments that aren't monitored like they are here on this site, you'll be shocked to actually see what people think other than die hard britney stans.  

Jennifer has had a lot said about her that could have caused her to have a breakdown bc she has been also attacked by the media pretty harshly, just goes to show you that the industry is not for everyone.