Is it just me or is Circus kind of a forgettable album?

1 hour ago, thedoughboy said:

right?! like there are some albums I like better than others, but I would never say one's bad or forgettable.  Blackout is my least favorite album, but I would never say it's bad

You are the only other fan I’ve encounter that has Blackout as their least favorite album :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: it’s my least favorite album as well.

• Super Mods

OMG YES!

I dont even have to read this thread to already know the answer to the question.

Besides the singles, 

this is her most BLAND album.

Yes there are some good songs like Out From Under but then there are some sh!!!ty ones like Mmm Papi and Rock Boy.

I feel like this album was meant to be safe to erase the recklessness of 2007 and to clean up her image.

Im just being honest here :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I think is because looks like a B side album and not an studio album with a definite concept, I mean, the title has nothing to do with the entire production, there’s a lot of gems in the album but the GP only remember Womenizer and Circus, the Circus Tour only had three songs about of 13 of the album (later they add Mannequin but…, and Radar is from Blackout) I think is the main reason that’s kind of forgettable album. 

Circus is like a more-tamed, softer Blackout. The production on that album is some of the best from her discography but I do think it falls a little short because she sounds very lifeless on many of the tracks. It’s almost as if she wanted to be anywhere but record that album which makes sense, given what she was going through then. Nevertheless, it still is a pretty good pop album and her 5th or 6th best album overall, but like I said, it falls short and feels rushed.

• Like 1

It’s an amazing iconic era, and the singles were amazing.

The album itself though is very forgettable. It’s all just Samey samey pop music though, and that’s the issue. Songs like Shattered Glass could have easily been a Kylie song, Blur easily could have been a Madonna album track, Amnesia could have easily been an early Selena Gomez track. 

Albums like Blackout and Glory don’t have that issue, I couldn’t imagine anyone else singing those tracks but Britney.