Is it just me or is Circus kind of a forgettable album?

3 minutes ago, JeniLeeSK8 said:

If they replaced out from under, my baby, mmm papi, and lace and leather with the amnesia, trouble, quicksand, phonography, rock me in, it would be a MUCH better album.  Whoever chose the tracklist was so so wrong IMO

Out from Under is 1000000000000000000000000000x better than all of those aside from Quicksand + Phonography, so... no. :) 

Honestly? It was IMO her last great era. She still seemed interested in it and all that and I think it's because those *******s all promised her she would be free from the conservatorship if she went on tour and then Jamie went behind her back and got it made permanent (which was very hush hush because I don't remember hearing much about that or I would have flipped my **** right then!)

• Love 3
  • Like 4
26 minutes ago, JeniLeeSK8 said:

If they replaced out from under, my baby, mmm papi, and lace and leather with the amnesia, trouble, quicksand, phonography, rock me in, it would be a MUCH better album.  Whoever chose the tracklist was so so wrong IMO

Out From Under is one of her best songs and especially one of her best songs off that album, so hell no.

• Love 1

it’s not imo. it’s my 4th fav album, but after knowing how it was made and how they made britney go back to work to keep getting $$$ out of her i can’t enjoy it the same way. it’s a pity but i always skip the circus songs in my britney playlist.

but no, it’s a very cohesive, very well produced pop album imo.

Spoiler

femme fatale on the other hand:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1

Circus is one of my fav Brit albums. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:
I love all the songs on it, and only sort of like my baby.:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

best songs: womanizer, circus, duck me, unusual you & phonography. :enigma_alien_blue:

phonography especially slaps because the lyrics are obvi dated, but the music is sooo spooky so it’s like it was meant to age 💀

Also honorable mentions to her best unreleased tracks: Amnesia, GagaSand & Rock Boy :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

26 minutes ago, Mannequin* said:

Why are we critizicing her albums ? I don’t get it… I see so many posts about this ****… if you don’t like her music why are you even here :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

right?! like there are some albums I like better than others, but I would never say one's bad or forgettable.  Blackout is my least favorite album, but I would never say it's bad

• Love 1

It’s definitely not one of my favourite Britney albums but it’s a decent listen. The title track is one of Britney’s best singles. Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass, If U Seek Amy, Unusual You, Blur, Phonography are all good too. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Peter Paulin said:

I just realized it's probably the album I listen least to from Britney (Britney Jean is not a thing). Listening right now and there are a lot of bops, but I don't know, it just seems like a meh album that everybody kind of forgets. It definitely brought some hits, but she just doesn't seem that present in it; it lacks personality. 

Thoughts?

I agree though it seems to be a fave among other fans…I only listen to three songs off of Circus :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow: and that’s Amnesia, Circus and Phonography.