Britneys body language at 2017 Disney Awards

5 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

This performance was all around awkward. It felt like some sort of tribute to an artist who passed away. I wonder if they planned to have Britney perform and she wasn't interested. 

tbh tributes have always been about that, other artists paying homage to whoever is getting the award, dead or alive.

It wasn't until the likes of Justin and Beyoncé, that suddenly all the awarded people had to perform themselves, and though that's more enjoyable to the fans, like the case with Britney at the BBMA 2016, I've always found that kind of weird. It's like performing at your own wedding, or something like that . "We're recognizing your career and achievements, but you have to come and put on a performance in order to receive the award" :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And I think it all comes to how times have changed and how artists are perceived in terms of their age. This kind of tributes used to be for older artists, with huge careers, and that were most likely not expected to be able to perform.

But now, artists are getting this recognitions at a younger age each time, which is both a compliment, for achieving so much at such a young age, but at the same time it's like telling them, you're way past the age of the regular performers we're having on this show. 

• Like 1

Watched it this afternoon. Usually I'm not into this kind of video but I was so impressed because the man really did his research. So many things I didn't even noticed myself. Like the fact that J.L. was already on the stage with the "Circus singer", knowing that, the reaction of Brit is now completely different in my eyes. This guy is amazing seriously! I ended up watching 2 others videos of his channel about Brit :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:!

• Love 1
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

tbh tributes have always been about that, other artists paying homage to whoever is getting the award, dead or alive.

It wasn't until the likes of Justin and Beyoncé, that suddenly all the awarded people had to perform themselves, and though that's more enjoyable to the fans, like the case with Britney at the BBMA 2016, I've always found that kind of weird. It's like performing at your own wedding, or something like that . "We're recognizing your career and achievements, but you have to come and put on a performance in order to receive the award" :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And I think it all comes to how times have changed and how artists are perceived in terms of their age. This kind of tributes used to be for older artists, with huge careers, and that were most likely not expected to be able to perform.

But now, artists are getting this recognitions at a younger age each time, which is both a compliment, for achieving so much at such a young age, but at the same time it's like telling them, you're way past the age of the regular performers we're having on this show. 

Solid points. I guess it just feels extra gross in this case because we know Britney has little to no say over her career. And then fact that she could not hide her obvious discomfort. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1