Little Mix's Jesy Nelson spotted at rehearsals with 20+ dancers & removes all posts on instagram

Slayer

1 hour ago, Glittilicious said:

I think the amount of comments about her body and so on she has received throughout the years is disgusting.

Even yesterday I was reading through some Daily Mail's comments on an article that featured her (just because I know that place is a sewer) and there are people still calling her fat. I get so mad because the girl has like a flat as a pancake tummy. Where the hell is she fat? 

Anyway, that said, I thought she was leaving Little Mix to take care of her mental health and this is not really compatible with her immediately embarking on a solo career and taking 200 pics a day on social media. 

It's a bit contradictory. I think she just wanted to go solo at this point, which is fine, but then don't make it all about your mental health for pity points.

It's obvious she is looking for approval because she has low self-esteem. She needs to stay off social media and learn to love herself more. 

If she goes solo like she seems set to do then she will have all the attention all on herself instead of sharing it with the other girls and I'm not sure she's got thick enough skin to handle it. 

She needs to stop looking for validation on Instagram etc. 

I Agree, most celebrities use MENTAL HEALTH as an efen eXCUSE Public Media Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Glittilicious said:

I think the amount of comments about her body and so on she has received throughout the years is disgusting.

Even yesterday I was reading through some Daily Mail's comments on an article that featured her (just because I know that place is a sewer) and there are people still calling her fat. I get so mad because the girl has like a flat as a pancake tummy. Where the hell is she fat? 

Anyway, that said, I thought she was leaving Little Mix to take care of her mental health and this is not really compatible with her immediately embarking on a solo career and taking 200 pics a day on social media. 

It's a bit contradictory. I think she just wanted to go solo at this point, which is fine, but then don't make it all about your mental health for pity points.

It's obvious she is looking for approval because she has low self-esteem. She needs to stay off social media and learn to love herself more. 

If she goes solo like she seems set to do then she will have all the attention all on herself instead of sharing it with the other girls and I'm not sure she's got thick enough skin to handle it. 

She needs to stop looking for validation on Instagram etc. 

22 minutes ago, EmzLadybrit2 said:

I Agree, most celebrities use MENTAL HEALTH as an efen eXCUSE Public Media Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

I don't think she used mental health as an excuse, she has always suffered insanely bad and one thing she hated the most was being called the 'fat ugly' one from Little Mix. She said she was feeling back to her worst after the Sweet Melody video.

I don't think its fair for ANY of us to say anyone is lying about their mental health as that is a reason why people are too scared about speaking up.

She said in an interview after leaving the band that she was getting severely depressed again where she felt like she was ruining things for the girls when they were happy. She felt bad they had to deal with how insecure she was all the time. She even said in her documentary she posts on instagram for approval.

I think you can be in a bad place and feel much better after time - like she has now. I'm so proud of her and she said she always wanted to do different music that wasn't as poppy.

But I do get you're point that she'll always be compared to the girls and she will still get a lot of flack for her appearance.

Life is too short and she deserves to do what makes her happy. I just think it'll be good for her to release music she wants to release and the music she releases is all up to her and doing the amount of promo she wants to do.

Not having a go at either of you, i've just followed Jesy and the girls since the beginning and I have NEVER seen someone be trolled so much in my life, people were horrendous to her.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

Ugh i'm ready :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

It looks like her first solo single is coming!

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

Hopefully not the same day little mix and Anne Marie drop their song ahhaha could u imagine???

• Haha 2

I'm here for it..

And about the comment of not going against her girl group. 

@Slayer they really don't get it, in the UK these chart battles are like a football game in the Music industry for the UK..

You know one day they will do this, it happened alot during the Spice girls early solo days, which saw Geri beat them all..

And Victoria losing to Kylie minogue with her gigantic Can't get you put of my head. 

Apparently she was more concerned to lose to Bob the Builder and Michael Jackson, then seeing Kylie as a non threat to the boys. I screamed out loud when a Spice girl fan told me, Victoria did this herself. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

I don't think she used mental health as an excuse, she has always suffered insanely bad and one thing she hated the most was being called the 'fat ugly' one from Little Mix. She said she was feeling back to her worst after the Sweet Melody video.

I don't think its fair for ANY of us to say anyone is lying about their mental health as that is a reason why people are too scared about speaking up.

She said in an interview after leaving the band that she was getting severely depressed again where she felt like she was ruining things for the girls when they were happy. She felt bad they had to deal with how insecure she was all the time. She even said in her documentary she posts on instagram for approval.

I think you can be in a bad place and feel much better after time - like she has now. I'm so proud of her and she said she always wanted to do different music that wasn't as poppy.

But I do get you're point that she'll always be compared to the girls and she will still get a lot of flack for her appearance.

Life is too short and she deserves to do what makes her happy. I just think it'll be good for her to release music she wants to release and the music she releases is all up to her and doing the amount of promo she wants to do.

Not having a go at either of you, i've just followed Jesy and the girls since the beginning and I have NEVER seen someone be trolled so much in my life, people were horrendous to her.

Maybe I worded it bad but I didn't meant she used it as an excuse, as in she pretended to have mental issues. More that she used that as the sole reason when it was probably a mix of things and also primarily the desire to go solo. 

Using the mental health angle only was a way to get out of the band without looking like the bad guy. If she had talked about going solo from the start she'd have gotten less sympathy. I have nothing against her really and I do think the amount of hate she got was disgusting but I do find her words and behaviour contradictory in regard to this. I can't help it.

When she made the announcement she sounded like she was taking a break from show business and instead she almost immediately started planning a solo career. 

I would think if you're so overwhelmed by everything and suffering mentally that you'd take a big break for a substantial amount of time and distance yourself from an environment that's making you feel so bad. 

I don't doubt she had mental issues due to the trolling. I've never doubted that.

I think her desire to get validation is stronger. She needs to work on her self-esteem as a priority IMO. Surely the years of abuse took a toll on that. 

• Like 1

The thing that really affected her mental health was she compared her bodies to the naturally skinny Ones of her other girls, and she realized she wasn't happy and she knew it was time to leave. 

The other 3 was happy and giddy during the video shoot, she wasn't. 

If you watch the outfits, whoever dressed Jesy knew exactly what they were doing, they really showed her thickness, to where the other girls was just flat stomachs and thick booties. 

She knew mentally it was best to leave. And she loves herself more, now that she isn't mentally comparing herself to her former band mates. 

And it looks like the music will be leaning more R&B ish, then the groups top 10 British pop sound. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I'm here for it..

And about the comment of not going against her girl group. 

@Slayer they really don't get it, in the UK these chart battles are like a football game in the Music industry for the UK..

You know one day they will do this, it happened alot during the Spice girls early solo days, which saw Geri beat them all..

And Victoria losing to Kylie minogue with her gigantic Can't get you put of my head. 

Apparently she was more concerned to lose to Bob the Builder and Michael Jackson, then seeing Kylie as a non threat to the boys. I screamed out loud when a Spice girl fan told me, Victoria did this herself. 

Wait, who’s Bob The Builder? :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy: I thought it’s a slang making fun of Cardi B. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

3 hours ago, Glittilicious said:

Maybe I worded it bad but I didn't meant she used it as an excuse, as in she pretended to have mental issues. More that she used that as the sole reason when it was probably a mix of things and also primarily the desire to go solo. 

Using the mental health angle only was a way to get out of the band without looking like the bad guy. If she had talked about going solo from the start she'd have gotten less sympathy. I have nothing against her really and I do think the amount of hate she got was disgusting but I do find her words and behaviour contradictory in regard to this. I can't help it.

When she made the announcement she sounded like she was taking a break from show business and instead she almost immediately started planning a solo career. 

I would think if you're so overwhelmed by everything and suffering mentally that you'd take a big break for a substantial amount of time and distance yourself from an environment that's making you feel so bad. 

I don't doubt she had mental issues due to the trolling. I've never doubted that.

I think her desire to get validation is stronger. She needs to work on her self-esteem as a priority IMO. Surely the years of abuse took a toll on that. 

I don’t know if this would make a difference to you but she did mention making music was a form of therapy and passion for her. Though I do get that her logic that going solo would lessen the comparisons would minimize is irrational because she’ll always be compared to Little Mix and any other female solo artist there. But being a mental health expert, I understand how anxiety can make people a tad irrational and engage in poor decision making. So I think it might be an amalgamation of many things. 

I just try to enjoy the music. Separate the artist from the music and let my life imitate the heart. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block