ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY?! REAL Reason Britney Was Put in Conservatorship

2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah 

I decided to do it cause I heard this girl talking about it like it "saved" her life and she was healed from depression

and I was SEVERELY depressed cause the love of my life left me and was willing to do ANYTHING

to release those negative feelings.

However I feel like its also the Hospital's fault for not explaining thoroughly what ECT is and what it does

instead they just let me sign away my rights and I should've had someone advocate for me but like I said,

I was in a REALLY dark state 

And thank you for your kind words!

It means alot! 

God,I'm so sorry for what you had to go through.I'm not saying that you or others don't need therapy. Such advice can be very dangerous.

But I think you have to deal with mental health problems like physical ones. You have to give patients more time and rest. However, it is expected that we will always function and be able to work immediately.

I think nature, sports and nutrition can make a big difference.Plus talk therapy in addition, individually therapy such as animals (dolphin swimming, riding), music, art, writing.

But before even a diagnosis has (which can take time) tablets are administered immediately and, as in your case, electric shocks. I think that's far too radical.

One must also not forget that hospitals and psychiatric hospitals are commercial enterprises. It is not primarily about helping the patients, but what savings you can make or what brings you the most money.

In Germany we have a lot of problems because of that and I saw a lot of bad or sad things.But what should I do? If a single caregiver does something I can report it.But the whole system is wrong.

That enchants me, because they say evil things happen because the good ones do nothing about it.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Hey Thank you guys

for being so supportive and nice to me about my experience with ECT.

It really means alot cause I was worried people would think weirdly of me cause of it.

So THANK U! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

No, with you everything is fine.But not with the system.:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: We should be further along in psychology. Electric shock is one of the beginnings when you didn't know any better.That this is still allowed, even with severe cases. Incredible.:disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
44 minutes ago, Cinderella85 said:

God,I'm so sorry for what you had to go through.I'm not saying that you or others don't need therapy. Such advice can be very dangerous.

But I think you have to deal with mental health problems like physical ones. You have to give patients more time and rest. However, it is expected that we will always function and be able to work immediately.

I think nature, sports and nutrition can make a big difference.Plus talk therapy in addition, individually therapy such as animals (dolphin swimming, riding), music, art, writing.

But before even a diagnosis has (which can take time) tablets are administered immediately and, as in your case, electric shocks. I think that's far too radical.

One must also not forget that hospitals and psychiatric hospitals are commercial enterprises. It is not primarily about helping the patients, but what savings you can make or what brings you the most money.

In Germany we have a lot of problems because of that and I saw a lot of bad or sad things.But what should I do? If a single caregiver does something I can report it.But the whole system is wrong.

That enchants me, because they say evil things happen because the good ones do nothing about it.

Yeah its just weird how they immediately agreed with me doing it and didnt care that I didnt know enough about ECT.

This also probably shows you shouldnt believe anyone's claims until you see good or bad evidence 

but like I said I was in a dark place.

Its until BARELY this year,

that ive become more stable and balanced.

I do see a therapist and she's been with me for 5 yrs now.

I dont see her as much as I'd like cause it cost alot for each session (see her once a month)

but she's the one true confidant I have who knows about every single thing that has happened to me since.

(Besides my mom)

But yeah I just wish I never did ECT, it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life but what can I do?

So im just working on improving my memory with apps that have memory games, reading and also i might see

a therapist that works with memory. So hopefully that'll work out cause im only in my 20s.

I shouldnt have such a shiiity memory

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah its just weird how they immediately agreed with me doing it and didnt care that I didnt know enough about ECT.

This also probably shows you shouldnt believe anyone's claims until you see good or bad evidence 

but like I said I was in a dark place.

Its until BARELY this year,

that ive become more stable and balanced.

I do see a therapist and she's been with me for 5 yrs now.

I dont see her as much as I'd like cause it cost alot for each session (see her once a month)

but she's the one true confidant I have who knows about every single thing that has happened to me since.

(Besides my mom)

But yeah I just wish I never did ECT, it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life but what can I do?

So im just working on improving my memory with apps that have memory games, reading and also i might see

a therapist that works with memory. So hopefully that'll work out cause im only in my 20s.

I shouldnt have such a shiiity memory

It sounds like they treated your wrong and your brain got damaged. Or you are traumatized because of it, which would be no wonder after what you have been through . I´m happy you have a therapist and have a good relationship with your mom. Give yourself time and don´t be too strict with yourself when it comes to your memory. I think, without pressure, it will turn out well. You make this!

• Super Mods
32 minutes ago, Cinderella85 said:

It sounds like they treated your wrong and your brain got damaged. Or you are traumatized because of it, which would be no wonder after what you have been through . I´m happy you have a therapist and have a good relationship with your mom. Give yourself time and don´t be too strict with yourself when it comes to your memory. I think, without pressure, it will turn out well. You make this!

Well the thing that was shady was that everytime I would just refuse to go,

they would "punish" me by making me go 3-4 TIMES A WEEK instead of 1 a month.

They would manipulate me and even my mom by saying I will become "unstable"

and "crazy" if I dont do this.

(Sounds familar, doesnt it?)

Its weird though that my brain got like this when there was a low percent chance of damaged memory

but of course knowing my luck, I got into that low percent.

I want to sue them but they are a part of the BIGGEST hospital/medical place in California and its their word against mine.

I sadly dont even have the documents from my ECT.

But idk...

Im just gonna work on improving my memory cause that's all I can really do right now.

However there have been some glimpse of hope:

1. in 2019 when I was in school, I was able to study and pass a final exam for a class (although it took me 2x as long to study)

2. last year before the virus, I sang in a talent show at my social group that I go to,

and I was able to remember the lyrics to the song, the beat and how to sing it.

So I guess I still have some hope.

• Love 1

I have bipolar and actually looked into it once and am glad I never did it. 

Though I take this with a grain of salt I kinda find this plausible. 

Britney never remembers anything in fact sometimes her behavior is similar to Carrie Fisher who was a proponent of this therapy (forgetting huge aspects of your career ,life etc) like how she forgot she could even play piano or so many other things

But it's also just as plausible the meds they have her on have kinda lethargic and sleepy and forgetful and just awkward around people, depending on the combination I've experienced all that just not with a camera, the meds also explain her dancing because they just make it hard to do cardio and move with the coordination you're used to and the ******* weight gain different meds cause (which is why I looked into it) it's hell. 

If they forced her est.... Well Wendy said it 

17 hours ago, PinkyAndStinky said:

If this happened to her, I wonder why she didn't bring it up in her speech? She spoke about the Lithium, but not this? IDK, I'm not sure I believe this one. I certainly hope it's not true!

At the risk of this being a stupid question: Was Britney on a time limit considering for her speech? Or could it literally have been a case of "I've got enough stuff to talk about that this is gonna be multiple hours long."