It wasn't Britney's fault she idolized being in love

1 minute ago, Britman512 said:

I mean what do you know…

aren’t we all just fans speculating anyway, isn’t that the point of all this…

but anyway 

See ya :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

We are fans but I know what Britney and Billboard confirmed.

See ya in B10’s lead single announcement thread soon :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

I think Britney always wanted that though. The problem is she forced it with kfed because she was tired and it was hard to meet ppl. It was for the wrong reasons 

Honestly the more I get older the more I understand why ppl want to get married by 30 tbh

It gets lonely... everyone at this point is full into adult life and you are sort of left alone. It makes sense more now. 

It shouldn’t be forced on ppl though as a norm. Some ppl want to be single and do their own thing 

Having a partner is not the desire of society, but our natural instincts, our hormones, our desire not to be alone. This is all natural and every person's choice, someone is boiling with hormones, like the same twenty-year-old Britney, wants s**, love and children, and someone lives perfectly on his own and it's great for him. All people are different and all have different desires and interests. Britney is a real female who constantly needs a man.

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Super Mods
12 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

By all accounts Britney did have a good childhood tho, even if not a wealthy one.

Her parents would get into heated arguments and not to mention Jamie gets drunk rages. Lynne said that Britney would dance and sing to cheer her up. Not saying she’s like Judy Garland in a sense but it wasn’t perfect either. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
13 hours ago, Goten21 said:

I'm not saying she didn't truly want it. She made a song about being pregnant without even being pregnant lol, it's very clear she really wanted it. My point is the pressure she felt to do it isn't something specific to her situation, it's something that's implicitly and explicitly put onto us by society, yet Britney's case was/is viewed as an isolated one because of her circumstances. This isn't right because it being viewed as isolated is exactly the reason so little people showed empathy. Even now, people from her own age group mostly give Britney sympathy and not empathy. Like Ramerita said, it's the new generation that's breaking these norms and mostly they are being truly empathic with Britney.

Edit:

Having her say at 17 that her life goal is to be married by 25 is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about. There's literally zero reason to feel this pressure, and the fact that she let go of everything to follow a childhood dream is poetic, but it's also somewhat problematic, because it makes a person ignore red flags. 

You're so right. I'm glad things are changing :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

I always side-eye people that want to go back. It's so glamorized, but there was so much wrong with how we viewed everything. I wish I could go into the future to see if there's anything I'm not really aware of right now that's also pretty unjust.

Actually you make sense, I always felt like deep down she’s a mother figure so she would want it either way but yeah like you said, the pressure to be one at a specific age ( it’s not wonder she’s burnt out) I can definitely see society having that instilled that you should do this and that. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I dont see nothing wrong with wanting love so badly in life.

Once you get a taste of it, you just cant get enough; and I know cause i've been in love before.

However you are right with saying that society pushed Britney to rush into marriage.

I feel like she was trying so hard to replace what she had with Justin so much that she didnt

care if the guy was taken (ala K-fat)

Its just a shame that she didnt feel valuable enough without a man.

I blame the enviroment she grew up in since ALOT of women in the south get married and have kids young.

I think it's a family thing, more than society.

Britney seems to believe she needs that perfect family we see on TV commercials. Happiness to her probably is like that fantasy: married with a good looking man, two kids (boy and girl), her being a housewife, living in a ranch.

Britney most likely changed a lot, nowadays I'm not sure she would divorce Kevin, even If she knew he never was the guy she thought at first.

She shows a lot of signs of a very needy person... It's hard to image her with a hard work guy, she wants someone around her ALL the time, and in real world that never works. Passion ends, the love with difficult moments stay. 

I think therapy could do wonders and maybe she can find herself and see how being an independent woman is something good.

14 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

I disagree with blaming society. It’s in our DNA to find a mate and reproduce. Culture just reflects our instincts. It’s like saying toxic dog culture makes my mutt sniff butts :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

When looking at the historical aspect of family values, "love", etc, I'd say you're incorrect. Culture doesn't reflect our instincts. Culture reflects the way a society deemed themselves fittest.

If your ancestors thought that finding 'the one" had the best impact on society as a whole (economically, etc), then that would be a heavy part of your culture right now.

Not all cultures their views are the same when it comes to divorce, etc, is an example of this. Our instincts don't point us towards the right solution because our instincts don't care. Biologically, it doesn't matter whether you divorce or not. However, it matters to your society and to your place in that society. Divorcing has implications that affect other people as well, like your children. That's why it matters, not because our body is telling us it matters. Same goes for finding "the one", how you find him, etc. Finding "the one" is something promoted so you're less likely to divorce, as divorce isn't deemed as something productive for society.

Did Britney want children because of her hormones? Maybe. Had society been constructed in such a way that Britney having children was possible for her to do on her own (considering her wealth and the time she was ready to spend on them), then maybe she would've gone that route. I think she just wanted children and it didn't matter to her how. Finding "the one", needing "the one" to be happy, straight up "the one", etc are all very much constructs of our society.