Would You Be Here For Britney Doing Something Like This....

23 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Honestly this is what her VMA 2007 should’ve been. Not that I don’t love Gimme More, but she should’ve done a powerful performance like this, with a song saying a big **** you to the media.

2007 performance is ionic! I love her 

se look really hot in that performance 

• Love 3

Velvet Rope was a damn masterpiece. I saw the tour when it came to Boston and to this day I don't think I've seen anything that could top it. The album was top notch and had some really experimental parts to it, and the tour had insane choreo and costumes. 

I'd love to see Britney do an album that's a bit more angsty. I don't know if anyone could come close to what Janet did lyrically and visually during this era, but if someone could try it then it would be Britney. Brit already has some tracks where she mixing singing and speaking, and she is great with up tempo. I've always thought of her as more of a Janet than a Madonna. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Love 8

This is one hell of a song, truly a masterpiece :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:  The way she’s narrating a story and uses her voice… She’s living it while she’s singing it. All the emotions. 

I’d love for Britney to do something like this but I don’t know how much she’d want to share about her life in her music. Even during the whole JT mess, she remained very classy and released a beautiful song about him while all the angsty ones remained unreleased. 

Like Britney said, we’ll never see it her way because we are not her. But damn we would all love to see it her way through her words… :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

2007 performance is ionic! I love her 

se look really hot in that performance 

She was a ROCKSTAR during that performance!  I was just thinking about that a few days ago.  She was partying all weekend, drinking and got on stage probably drunk or under the influence of something. 

ICONIC performance none the less!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

Honestly this is what her VMA 2007 should’ve been. Not that I don’t love Gimme More, but she should’ve done a powerful performance like this, with a song saying a big **** you to the media.

That honestly would have been EPIC and totally out of left field from what they were expecting too.  It would have been easier for her to pull off too.

A lil off topic but I feel like the 07 VMAs did hurt her confidence a bit cause on the M&Ms tour she was still fluid in her movements and she still had it ... even tho she wasn't giving it 100% U can tell it was still there!

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Velvet Rope was a damn masterpiece. I saw the tour when it came to Boston and to this day I don't think I've seen anything that could top it. The album was top notch and had some really experimental parts to it, and the tour had insane choreo and costumes. I'd love to see Britney do an album that's a bit more angsty. I don't know if anyone could come close to what Janet did lyrically and visually during this era, but if someone could try it then it would be Britney. Brit already has some tracks where she mixing singing and speaking, and she is great with up tempo.

I've always thought of her as more of a Janet than a Madonna:brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I always have too.  TBH I don't see many similarities between Britney and Madge I think the media mainly only compared the two because Britney is white and Janet is Black.  Even tho Britney always cited Janet as an influence more and the similarities between Janet and Britney are much more clearer.

Janet also has never latched onto younger artists for relevancy the way Madge has in the latter part of her career. 😭

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I always have too.  TBH I don't see many similarities between Britney and Madge I think the media mainly only compared the two because Britney is white and Janet is Black.  Even tho Britney always cited Janet as an influence more and the similarities between Janet and Britney are much more clearer.

Janet also has never latched onto younger artists for relevancy the way Madge has in the latter part of her career. 😭

M didn't use anyone for relevancy lol, maybe she used Gaga and Nicki Minaj but not Britney. They loved and supported each other. And stop saying "Madonna didn't influence Britney" here. @OCBoy1985 they didn't compare them "only bc they are white and blonde" STOP WITH THIS! 

This album inspired Blackout 

OIP.bbCN-MV77nwvMqlxKWAPOQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

My Prerogative MV and Every time MV = JML mv and Drowned World mv

Ooh and this 

And where did Britney, Christina, Pink, Rihanna (who said she wanted to be the black Madonna), JLO (who said she wanted to be the latina Madonna) Katy and indeed Lady Gaga (who is the closest to M bc Album, concepts, visuals, tours, performances are so clearly inspired by M) get this from? @OCBoy1985 @517113 the fact that u liked that post tho 🙄

• Love 2
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

M didn't use anyone for relevancy lol, maybe she used Gaga and Nicki Minaj but not Britney. They loved and supported each other. And stop saying "Madonna didn't influence Britney" here. @OCBoy1985 they didn't compare them "only bc they are white and blonde" STOP WITH THIS! 

This album inspired Blackout 

OIP.bbCN-MV77nwvMqlxKWAPOQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

My Prerogative MV and Every time MV = JML mv and Drowned World mv

Ooh and this 

And where did Britney, Christina, Pink, Rihanna (who said she wanted to be the black Madonna), JLO (who said she wanted to be the latina Madonna) Katy and indeed Lady Gaga (who is the closest to M bc Album, concepts, visuals, tours, performances are so clearly inspired by M) get this from? @OCBoy1985 @517113 the fact that u liked that post tho 🙄

Also i don't want this thing still getting dragged on. Brit is her own artist, and she has her own lane. And i though we are already past this. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Oooh, I’ve never heard that before. where can I find some kind of source that talks about this?!

Closed the argument. I don't wanna talk about it anymore. And to don't stick up drama and disrespecting with general disruption. I don't want to be rude bc i already past this. 

I would like her to do something similar in terms of artistic freedom, but not the same gene , anything fresh and experimental would be super exciting , Velvet rope is an amazing album, my second favorite Janet album :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 3
  • Like 1