Would You Be Here For Britney Doing Something Like This....

1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

M didn't use anyone for relevancy lol, maybe she used Gaga and Nicki Minaj but not Britney. They loved and supported each other. And stop saying "Madonna didn't influence Britney" here. @OCBoy1985 they didn't compare them "only bc they are white and blonde" STOP WITH THIS! 

This album inspired Blackout 

OIP.bbCN-MV77nwvMqlxKWAPOQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

@OCBoy1985@517113🙄

Madge did use Britney &  multiple times too, she also used JT and Nicki Minaj too!

Oh and I totally forgot about Gaga cause she discarded her so fast I forgot it happened. 

Those are my opinions and I'm not changing! :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Madge did use Britney &  multiple times too, she also used JT and Nicki Minaj too!

Those are my opinions and I'm not changing! :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

If anything she showed support to Britney even on her breakdown.

https://www.today.com/popculture/madonna-says-lets-go-save-britney-1C9489715

JT used Janet and Britney to stay relevant and get who he is and to get his peak in 2006 and 2007. If he didn't use them, he would be NOTHING. JT used Beyonce, Ciara, Rihanna and SZA too. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

This is one hell of a song, truly a masterpiece :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:  The way she’s narrating a story and uses her voice… She’s living it while she’s singing it. All the emotions. 

I’d love for Britney to do something like this but I don’t know how much she’d want to share about her life in her music. Even during the whole JT mess, she remained very classy and released a beautiful song about him while all the angsty ones remained unreleased. 

Like Britney said, we’ll never see it her way because we are not her. But damn we would all love to see it her way through her words… :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

I would love for her to write a book one day and maybe do a short series about her life.  I don't think a movie would be long enough to document everything that has happened to her.

You can really feel Janet emotions and pain when she's singing or performing this song .. I always wondered why she never made this song a single tho?   Its just so damn flawless! 

Janet may not have a voice like a Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin but when she sings songs like this she really knows how to make the best out of her voice.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I would love for her to write a book one day and maybe do a short series about her life.  I don't think a movie would be long enough to document everything that has happened to her.

You can really feel Janet emotions and pain when she's singing or performing this song .. I always wondered why she never made this song a single tho?   Its just so damn flawless! 

Janet may not have a voice like a Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin but when she sings songs like this she really knows how to make the best out of her voice.

Ikr Janet CAN sing. 

Singing Loud =/= Good singing 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Janet is so special. If there’s something she’s going to do that’s putting out amazing music. 
I love her voice, probably more than I love these other ones with crazy big vocal range, she has that distinct Jackson sound and she can do anything she wants with it, definitely not a handicap at all :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:
I feel Brit will always be very mysterious for us. She loves her family over anything, she never used her fame/platform to hurt them, on the contrary she gave them jobs and made them filthy rich even before the cship… So we probably won’t get much tea considering her family is the one that hurt her the most here. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

I LOVE her rebellious side! She's so strong! 

Oh my god SAME!!! The lyrics….! When I read the OP I was thinking about this song (because of the obvious domestic abuse and the emotion in her singing) and Mona Lisa (for the storytelling approach in the lyrics)

• Love 2
On 5/20/2021 at 5:34 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

After the conservatorship?

Man this song is so POWERFUL 🙌🏾

I was just bopping out to this and thought how amazing this would be if Britney did a record like this after the conservatorship.   Just a one off to get her feet wet again after all of the chaos and everything from the conservatorship.  I imagine she has a lot to say and has probably been doing a lot of writing and I can't think of a better way to express yourself  then through your music and art.   Janet has always been very great at that and Britney has at times too EveryTime, Someday, Touch of My Hand, All That She Wants etc.

Do you think something like this would be good for Britney and how do you think the public would react?

I remember when Janet did this performance back in 1998 everyone and even myself thought that she was going to do something uptempo but she went totally left and performed this song and KILLED it!

THANK YOU @OCBoy1985 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I always have too.  TBH I don't see many similarities between Britney and Madge I think the media mainly only compared the two because Britney is white and Janet is Black.  Even tho Britney always cited Janet as an influence more and the similarities between Janet and Britney are much more clearer.

Britney's and Madonna's career are more similar in terms of success, popularity, impact and relevancy from an overall perspective. Both blonde and seductive females pushing ***ual boundaries. 

Madge had her hits in the early 80's but it wasnt until Like A Virgin came out with all the controversy that Madonna became a global phenomenon just like Britney did with BOMT. 

By 1998, Madonna's had been (and still is) the biggest female popstars so when Britney came out, the closest reference was Madonna and the more Britney continued causing bigger controversy, the more her career looked like Madonna's. 

Ofc, the Janet style has always been there, it's just that Janet ( I don’t want to shade anyone) wasnt as big as Madonna was. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Closed the argument. I don't wanna talk about it anymore. And to don't stick up drama and disrespecting with general disruption. I don't want to be rude bc i already past this. 

What?! What argument? What drama? I just wanted to know where I could find a link between American Life & Blackout! Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

I love this. I wish she'd release Rebellion once she's free. 

And i think Lonely off the Britney album was somehow her version of What About 

This is the first time im hearing this song and wow it does sound like Lonely.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

What?! What argument? What drama? I just wanted to know where I could find a link between American Life & Blackout! Jesus Christ. 

I was taken aback by that response too... then I read the username and noticed it starts with Leo then it all made sense.

oh and it’s complete BS. American life, while great, has no business being cited as inspiration for BO.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Britney's and Madonna's career are more similar in terms of success, popularity, impact and relevancy from an overall perspective. Both blonde and seductive females pushing ***ual boundaries. 

Madge had her hits in the early 80's but it wasnt until Like A Virgin came out with all the controversy that Madonna became a global phenomenon just like Britney did with BOMT. 

By 1998, Madonna's had been (and still is) the biggest female popstars so when Britney came out, the closest reference was Madonna and the more Britney continued causing bigger controversy, the more her career looked like Madonna's. 

Ofc, the Janet style has always been there, it's just that Janet ( I don’t want to shade anyone) wasnt as big as Madonna was. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

I’m very familiar with Madges career. I even read the book that her brother wrote about her and everything.

I can’t believe you started off their similarities with them both being “blondes” and neither one are natural blondes 😭😂😭

That further proves my point that Britney was more so compared to Madge cause they both were white “blondes” as you said.

Also Madge had a dry slump in the 90s Janet, MC, Whitney and Celine were all SLAYING Madge mercilessly and it wasn’t until ROL that she got back to the forefront of Pop music.

Nobody was talking about who’s bigger between Janet and Madge tho?  I thought we were talking about which one was a bigger influence on Britney and it’s clearly Janet!

From Britney performance style, her fashion (jeans and her belly shirt while performing is so Janet), her videos etc all reminds you of Janet not Madge.

Britney wasn’t overtly ***ual like Madge was she was more classy with it like Janet was.

Ntm both Janet and Britney was child stars they got their start really young.

Also I would  say that Janet was bigger than Madge in 1998. Janet was the 2nd biggest artist of the 90s after Mariah.

22 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

If anything she showed support to Britney even on her breakdown.

https://www.today.com/popculture/madonna-says-lets-go-save-britney-1C9489715

JT used Janet and Britney to stay relevant and get who he is and to get his peak in 2006 and 2007. If he didn't use them, he would be NOTHING. JT used Beyonce, Ciara, Rihanna and SZA too. 

Nobody is talking about JT rn tho. We’re talking about Madge & how she sucks the life out of younger more relevant artists. 😭

Madge comes off very desperate to stay relevant and successful.  It’s kind of sad to watch tbh.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Ikr Janet CAN sing. 

Singing Loud =/= Good singing 

That’s what some people tend to think but that’s not always the case. I mean just look at Xtina? 😂

Janet ballads/mid tempos are very soothing and calming to listen too with your candles lit and just enjoying the vibe and good music!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 5/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, Leolileinstein said:

M didn't use anyone for relevancy lol, maybe she used Gaga and Nicki Minaj but not Britney. They loved and supported each other. And stop saying "Madonna didn't influence Britney" here. @OCBoy1985 they didn't compare them "only bc they are white and blonde" STOP WITH THIS! 

This album inspired Blackout 

OIP.bbCN-MV77nwvMqlxKWAPOQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

My Prerogative MV and Every time MV = JML mv and Drowned World mv

Ooh and this 

And where did Britney, Christina, Pink, Rihanna (who said she wanted to be the black Madonna), JLO (who said she wanted to be the latina Madonna) Katy and indeed Lady Gaga (who is the closest to M bc Album, concepts, visuals, tours, performances are so clearly inspired by M) get this from? @OCBoy1985 @517113 the fact that u liked that post tho 🙄

Is it because you want Britney to have her Ray of Light?  She’s more Janet than Madonna, she even said she wanted Britney Jean to sound like a Janet Jackson greatest hits record. She might like Madonna as one of her idols but throughout her career Janet’s influence is much more and she cited Janet a lot. Also Blackout was inspired by JT’s Future s**/Lovesounds, she literally got Danja who worked on it. 

I rather she make a Velvet Rope than Ray of Light. 

Fetch Mean Girls GIF 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, bas che said:

I was taken aback by that response too... then I read the username and noticed it starts with Leo then it all made sense.

oh and it’s complete BS. American life, while great, has no business being cited as inspiration for BO.

9 hours ago, bas che said:

Idk what that Leo person is talking about. THEY said Blackout was inspired by American Life & I am a fan of both albums....I just wanted to know more about the connection! & then they comment they’re done with the drama? WHAT?! @Leolileinstein I JUST want to know about the connection between American Life & Blackout you were talking about !