Olivia Rodrigo "SOUR" stream + comment party

This entire album is about Joshua Bassett, and how he wronged her and now he wants so much distance from her that he said he is queer now. I'm sure her next album will about his "coming out" and how hurt she was. 

Her ansty songs are cheap. Hilary Duff's "Metamorphosis" album has better teen angst songs .

She said she didn't want to follow in the rest of the Disney girls music path, but it is now basically same. They all started with rock and ballad songs. That's her album, thanks to HILARY DUFF. The difference is she has a better voice, writes, but production is not as good-oh yeah and she said she cusses and that means SHE IS THE ARTIST THAT IS USHERING THE NEXT GENERATION OF STARS THAT WILL SPEAK THEIR MINDS.

:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Apple Music described it best..

Jagged little pill for Generation Z. The impact of Alanis Morissette still reigns supreme 

I got that vibe too, without even knowing about this :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

8 hours ago, Slayer said:

I'm going to do the exact same! I'm going to listen properly after work tomorrow! :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

We got the same bundle! When did you order yours? I ordered mine on Tuesday, hopefully i'll get a shipping email soon too!

I ordered mine on Sunday I think? I got the shipping email last night, I think just after 9pm.

Honestly I really like it. Finally a new pop girl that puts out a record i enjoy. Billie is talented but Olivia is just more my taste. I LOVE BRUTAL and Good 4 u, we NEED pop rock back. This gives me major Avril and Taylor vibes. She deserves her success, her singles alone werent enough to sell her to me but this album is good. This girl at 17 outwrites Dua Lipas, Arianas and others full "professional" writing team. What I like the most is the raw emotion, which is something albums like future nostalgia, positions, disco and more lack. Her music makes u feel things, just like Taylors. She does remind me of young Taylor which I am here for but shes her own artist and wont ever be a new Taylor. 

I'm listening to it (thanks ExpressVPN), but the only 2 i really like so far are Good 4 U and Drivers License. I think it may require a more dedicated listen, but from now its a little meh, also she sounds so bitter. Like girl your 19 you have your whole life ahead of you, one dumb **** will be forgotten next year haha

• Love 1
  • Like 1

After listening to the album, I would say that SOUR reflects the teen angst much needed for 2021. While most of the tracks revolve around love, I think it's a perfect example of what a teenager is going through because, well, she is a teenager.

Overall, I would rate the album 7/10 - solid effort, and I look forward to the new exciting projects coming from Rodrigo!

I think I am more impressed with the attention Olivia Rodrigo has been gaining, considering that Disney Channel stars haven't received this much attention while still on a Disney Channel show - it's great to see the shift!

Favourtie Tracks (so far)

• brutal
  • happier
  • favorite crime

00_storyv1.gif

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

Mine came early this morning! Did you get the poster signed bundle?

I got the cd and cassette signed bundle! Maybe the poster one is taking a little longer?

I ordered both!

They have a new signed poster up now. I'm a bit tempted.

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 1
  • Content Curators

Streaming again now, finally can form some thoughts:

1. brutal - not a fan of the song

2. traitor - very good. Her vocals sound much more genuine than hers in drivers license.

3. drivers license - good song, but she is gonna sound even better when she sings this in a few years.

4. 1 steps forward, 3 steps back - I love that she sampled Taylor. It's a beautiful gentle song.

5. deja vu - great song. Been streaming since it came out.

6. good 4 u - my favorite single. Periodt!

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block