Olivia Rodrigo "SOUR" stream + comment party

10 minutes ago, Invitation said:

So all your signed bundles have arrived, but mine hasn't?????

Did you get a dispatch email? Also it depends on the tracking option you chose, although I only chose standard delivery and still got mine today.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, Isla said:

Did you get a dispatch email? Also it depends on the tracking option you chose, although I only chose standard delivery and still got mine today.

I did. I have a package notification. I need to go and pick it up, but I'm assuming it's the NHS Covid Test kit lol

• Like 1
Just now, Invitation said:

I did. I have a package notification. I need to go and pick it up, but I'm assuming it's the NHS Covid Test kit lol

Oh so it was sent to your local post office? Lol knowing your luck it might that be that. It's funny cause I got a letter from the NHS yesterday and I thought it might have been vaccine related but it was just a letter telling me to book a smear test :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, Isla said:

I noticed that. I had thought about that bundle but the art card one was cheaper. I also saw on Twitter some fans ordered the poster/vinyl and it got cancelled?

Their order got cancelled probably because they ordered more than 1? It says 'limited to 1 per customer'. I made separate orders for the signed art card and Signed Poster 1. Now that I'm liking the album (Except brutal which is awful), I really want to get Signed Poster 3. The 2nd one was a bit too boring for my taste.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Invitation said:

Their order got cancelled probably because they ordered more than 1? It says 'limited to 1 per customer'. I made separate orders for the signed art card and Signed Poster 1. Now that I'm liking the album (Except brutal which is awful), I really want to get Signed Poster 3. The 2nd one was a bit too boring for my taste.

Hmm yeah you might be right. I haven't seen what signed poster 3 looks like yet but I liked the first two.

• Content Curators
Just now, Isla said:

Hmm yeah you might be right. I haven't seen what signed poster 3 looks like yet but I liked the first two.

I wanna get the photo for you but when I went back to  check my history it said " Product LIMITED EDITION SIGNED POSTER 3 + CD + CASSETTE BUNDLE 1 (OLIVIA28) is currently unavailable."

3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I wanna get the photo for you but when I went back to  check my history it said " Product LIMITED EDITION SIGNED POSTER 3 + CD + CASSETTE BUNDLE 1 (OLIVIA28) is currently unavailable."

Noooo :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: maybe it was an error?

Okayyy listening now. Live thoughts:

Spoiler

1. Brutal - Dddd not this having a Ariana Shut Up-esque intro with the strings and then before you know it BAM the guitars kicked in. A fun opening track and the intro when the song slows down is BEAUTIFUL, although parts of it remind me of another song, and I do think it could be a little bit longer. 

2. Traitor - Wasn't expecting a ballad so early on (not sure why), it's really good though, very melancholic sounding and definitely Taylor inspired. The middle 8 is amazing. It's a bit obvious this one is probably about Joshua Bassett though.

3. Drivers License - This one has grown on me soooooo much since it first came out. The middle 8 is the best part and Olivia sounds so good on it.

4. 1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back - THE NEW YEAR'S DAY SAMPLE :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: so beautiful. Really sweet little ballad, Olivia sounds so good.

5. Deja Vu - Still my favourite single so far and probably one of my favourite songs on the album. It's so incredibly catchy and it's the type of indie pop music that I think Olivia excels in. The outro is THE BEST. 'STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM IN MALIBUUUUUUU'

6. Good 4 U - So catchy and I love this song cause it gives me major late 90s/early 2000s pop rock/pop punk vibes with a little sprinkle of early 80s punk influence. I also love when she screams 'WHAT THE ****' in the second verse and 'LIKE A DAMN SOCIOPATH' in the final chorus. So bad***!!!! Also I've just realised that the intro is very similar to the intro of Miley's WTF Do I Know. 

7. Enough For You - This is giving me major Paramore/Hayley Williams vibes for some reason? It reminds me of Paramore's Misguided Ghosts and 26 and some of the songs from Hayley's second album Flowers For Vases/Descansos. Or is that just me ddd. Olivia sounds so good with just an acoustic instrumental accompanying her, although the lyrics for this song seem pretty hesrtbreaking :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

8. Happier - Another heartbreaking ballad, with some really well written lyrics. 'I hope you're happy, but don't be happier' :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:This song also reminds me of some of Taylor's own ballads and some of the songs from Folklore/Evermore. The middle 8 is so good with the background vocals. Having said that it feels a bit short. 

9. Jealously, Jealousy - Yesss finally another pop rock bawp!!! Very catchy and I think it has potential as a single. 

10. Favourite Crime - Yet another song giving me Paramore/Hayley Williams vibes?? DDDD did she listen to Flowers For Vases/Descansos? Cause if she did then yeah that's AMAZING. A bit on the short side (and a slightly abrupt ending) but I really like this one and it's really lush sounding, the middle 8 is incredible.

11. Hope Ur OK - Really good closing track, a cross between Taylor and.... Hayley again dddd. It reminds me of Hayley's song Inordinary. I love the interesting production on this one and Olivia sounds amazing. The middle 8 is quite reminiscent of the Drivers License one and it's giving me Lorde vibes. 

Overall thoughts - very strong debut, I think Olivia is off to a good start. Obviously lots of Taylor/Hayley/Paramore/Lorde influences in the songs but that's okay to me. She's already shown her amazing talents through both her songwriting and vocal ability and it's crazy to think that she is still only 18! Who knows what she will achieve next.

• Love 1

I’m pleasantly surprised with the album. For me it doesn’t have replay value (yet) but for a debut album it’s pretty damn good. When other Disney stars back in the day had a debut it was all bubblegum but this is a little more angsty. Reminds me of Avril/Ashlee with some Taylor. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block