Olivia Rodrigo "SOUR" stream + comment party

Brutal- 9.99/10

Traitor- 4.99/10

Driver License- 6.5/10 (I would vote it 8.5/10 but it has become so overexposed for me)

1 step forward, 3 steps back- 7/10

Deja Vu- 9.5/10

Good 4 U- 10/10

Enough For You- 7/10

Happier- 9/10

Jealousy, Jealousy- 9/10

Favorite Crime- 8/10

Hope Yr Okay- 9/10

Overall Score- 8/10

A pretty good album for a debut. I like it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
On 5/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, Midnight said:

The highly anticipated debut album by Olivia Rodrigo is OUT!

Thoughts on the cover? 

olivia.jpeg

The album is also available on limited edition purple vinyl at Urban Outfitters 

63450175_050_b?$xlarge$&fit=constrain&fm

OR.JPG.d383b7219e71e5279a926653075a6f73.JPG

I thought that I was gonna hate, but I actually enjoyed some of the songs. My favorites are « happier » and « jealousy, jealousy » at first listen.

The only thing I didn’t like is that ALL the lyrics on that album seems to reference to the same ex and Sabrina, again! I don’t know if it was purely a marketing strategy or if Olivia is a really passive agressive person, loll.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
6 hours ago, TheDukeDan said:

I thought that I was gonna hate, but I actually enjoyed some of the songs. My favorites are « happier » and « jealousy, jealousy » at first listen.

The only thing I didn’t like is that ALL the lyrics on that album seems to reference to the same ex and Sabrina, again! I don’t know if it was purely a marketing strategy or if Olivia is a really passive agressive person, loll.

Marketing strategy for sure but in this case it wasn't necessary because all the hype was actually just about her. I guess they just needed a back up plan in the case that the album didn't pick up.

Jealousy Jealousy should definitely be a single.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
26 minutes ago, Isla said:

I went to Westfield (Shepherd's Bush, London) today and popped into HMV and saw they were selling the album with alternative artwork, it was £5.99. I thought about it but in the end I didn't buy it, now I'm kinda regretting it :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Omg you should have bought it, that's a great price. I was going to get mine on Amazon but the physical album won't be available until a month from now I believe, so tomorrow I'm going to go look for it.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

15 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Omg you should have bought it, that's a great price. I was going to get mine on Amazon but the physical album won't be available until a month from now I believe, so tomorrow I'm going to go look for it.

Yeah bad idea in hindsight, I mean I did spend a LOT of money on other things today though... hopefully HMV have it available to order online or something.

• Love 1

So, I have a few things to say. First, I don`t really get the hate towards this girl in the forum. She is definitely not earth-shattering, but she has not done anything wrong so far. I don`t get it, but ok.

Having said that, I am not a huge fan. She has a beautiful, melodic voice, that is a given. Driver`s licence was  really a great song. Deja vu is good. The rest of the album is just mediocre. I like HAPPIER and the rest screams "desperate to copy my favs but ot really, but oh well". I think, although she is capitalizing from her very public Taylor fandom, it is -for me- a big turn off and in the long run is a liability. It`s a turn off because she seems a little bit like a fame leech and after her giving a gazillion interviews talking about Taylor more often than her own career, it just ends up being unavoidable to compare both and also notice that she is really making an effort to replicate Taylor, even in her stupid oversharing, self-victimization from romantic relationships. I hope she grows out of that soon, because she comes off as a pawn or just a kiddie playing to be her favorite singer.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block