What do you like about Slave 4 U?

3 hours ago, femmepop said:

it's one of my fave Britney tracks def in the top 3 for me...

it was such a game changer for her like others have mentioned. the way she debuted it on the VMAs with that sick performance. my jaw was on the floor the first time I heard/saw it.

although it's a s-e-x-y song about dancing I also find it very empowering. the intro slaps for me every time :

"I know I may be young but I've got feelings too...

and I need to do what I feel like doing

so let me go 

and just listen.

all you people look at me like I'm a little girl, did you ever think it would be okay for me to step into this world!? " 

I was a teen when it came out and I really admired the way she was seeming to step into her power around this time.

Britney took backlash so Billie could be loved

• Like 1

It probably wasn't a guaranteed hit like Oops and Baby, but that's what makes the decision for it to be a single bolder and intriguing.

After 3 years dealing with the world accusing her of being a terrible role model and a promiscuous s!ut she dropped this and it was like the biggest "f|uck* you" she gave to the media at the time (maybe tied with her VMA's performance of I Can't Get No Satisfaction/Oops). Of course they didn't stop being mean and unprofessional to her during her promo appearances, but she knew who she was, she embraced herself and she let us know, once again, that being yourself and confident in your own skin is so important.

She took a lesson off of Janet's book (literally, this song was intended for her too) and she presented herself very $exy yet classy, like an untouchable beauty goddess :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

The sound change was long overdue. From Dear Diary to THIS... It just had to happen. I don't think it was "too much", it was just what was needed. If the album had more of this sound and less of Crossroads, damn, it would've been unquestionbly her best. I think it still is but there's room to debate :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

I like the production, her vocals are so sensual, and her confidence on the track is oozing. The music video and VMA performance propelled the song for me. Whenever I hear it, it doesn't matter where I am, I want to dance. It's infectious. :gagaf_wtf_dance_green_um_random:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Don't remind me of that monstrosity :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Make Me was never a weak single. It was another step but her father and RCA messed up.

the song is a mid tempo **** song. Me against the music is the weakest single. 

make me is so under rated

Though this  isn’t as catchy as previous singles from Britney  when this song came out it hit hard and separated her from the teen pop she was known for. It’s still my top 3 single from her. 
she really stepped up her game even more when this song and video came out. 
The choreography is one of her best. The video. The photo shoots and promotion for this song was everywhere!

58 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Make Me was never a weak single. It was another step but her father and RCA messed up.

the song is a mid tempo song. Me against the music is the weakest single. 

make me is so under rated

Nah, not really. MM is a good song, but it was better off as an album gem. With songs like LMD, DYWCO?, Liar, and Change Your Mind, Make Me was simply the wrong choice.

• Like 1

When it was released it was a child and i hated it, i loved Overprotected instead. As time passed i learnt to love it, it was a huge step in Britney's career.

I  think she has better songs, it is just that S4U had a strong video, strong choreo, great performances etc, everything around it was very well thought.