What do you like about Slave 4 U?

I didn't particularly like it at first. When I heard it on the radio, I thought she was speaking a foreign language. Then she started heavy breathing and my mom thought I was watching po rn. 

Now that all my Disney dreams have been crushed indefinitely in my 30s, it's literally my sl ut jam. It's so erotic and hypnotizing. 

TheGrind.gif

• Haha 7
10 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I didn't particularly like it at first. When I heard it on the radio, I thought she was speaking a foreign language. Then she started heavy breathing and my mom thought I was watching po rn. 

Now that all my Disney dreams have been crushed indefinitely in my 30s, it's literally my sl ut jam. It's so erotic and hypnotizing. 

TheGrind.gif

What do you mean when you say "Disney dreams have been crushed indefinitely"?:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

it's one of my fave Britney tracks def in the top 3 for me...

it was such a game changer for her like others have mentioned. the way she debuted it on the VMAs with that sick performance. my jaw was on the floor the first time I heard/saw it.

although it's a s-e-x-y song about dancing I also find it very empowering. the intro slaps for me every time :

"I know I may be young but I've got feelings too...

and I need to do what I feel like doing

so let me go 

and just listen.

all you people look at me like I'm a little girl, did you ever think it would be okay for me to step into this world!? " 

I was a teen when it came out and I really admired the way she was seeming to step into her power around this time.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

What do you mean when you say "Disney dreams have been crushed indefinitely"?:lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I once believed that Prince Charming was out there. I now realize that's a bit unrealistic. That's okay. 

But it's a hard transition to go from this ...

tumblr_ppiko66BSg1w48wlho1_540.gifv

7d0d9b4c0214f0a9f074623e2974b500.gif

To..

200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif

Overnight.

Took me about 10 years to get in touch with my inner vixen. 

britney-gif-1440464652.gif?quality=.8&he

Screen_Shot_2015-08-18_at_3.03.54_PM.png

• Like 3

The iconic song so different
The choreography
The live presentations to promote it (VMAs, & Billboard Music Awards)
The way the styled her hair and the make up.
The thong over her leather trousers and the top! How she had different versions of it in different colours!
Her smoking hot body
Even the cd single with such a good B side for the time.

Other than that yeah, I dont like it :P

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

The iconic song so different
The choreography
The live presentations to promote it (VMAs, & Billboard Music Awards)
The way the styled her hair and the make up.
The thong over her leather trousers and the top! How she had different versions of it in different colours!
Her smoking hot body
Even the cd single with such a good B side for the time.

Other than that yeah, I dont like it :P

You like Intimidated more than Slave? :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

The Neptunes instrumental, the adlibs, the verses, NOT the chorus, the choreo, the steamy/wild/dirty imagery and the fact that's I C O N I C.

I know it's not a banger with a killer chorus like the others Primeney hits, but it was a turning point in her career.

We can ask the same question for MATM and I think we'll get even more hate towards that song :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: not coming from me tho :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Like 1

it's an incredibly well produced track. Taking a departure from her original sound on top of finetuning her image is the smartest thing she could've done. It cemented her in the history books. Her choreo was never as good before that or has topped it since (before people come in saying MATM, just because it's harder doesn't mean it's better). It honestly peaked at Slave 4 U for me. The part where she spins around belly dance ish, the "now watch me part", the whipping at the very end of the song. Killer choreo. I'm perched to find ANY pop song choreo out there that's better. Janet, Ciara, Madonna, etc. They're all great performers. But I don't think any girl ever gave us a choreo like slave. It helps that Britney was at her absolute peak effort wise, body wise, etc.

9 hours ago, Midnight said:

The choreo for me, I like the song but those dance moves took it to the next level.

I also love the cd single for this song. it's probably my favorite from hers.

414L5XylAHL.jpg

161643094_137084466.jpg

that CD is hot af tbh

• Love 1