What do you like about Slave 4 U?

On 5/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, MeToo said:

i think it is a truly unique song with a steaming hot video and it always stands out, hate it or adore it

i saw someone on the other thread saying that their notable dislike is Slave 4 U and i thought you can either love it or hate it thats why i penned this topic

BSs4u.thumb.JPG.a1dac393f538b0559ac4608866c3410a.JPG

I feel attacked :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

21 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nah, not really. MM is a good song, but it was better off as an album gem. With songs like LMD, DYWCO?, Liar, and Change Your Mind, Make Me was simply the wrong choice.

From charts point of view - May be! But I remember when song came people loose their mind. The song had potential even to raise higher but the video didn’t come flip for like 2 -3 weeks. She also love that song. 

DYWCO or CYM should have been released immediately as second singles with video. In my opinion Make me was really good after pretty girls disaster

also Beyoncé stand destroyed Britney’s performance at VMAs. As always she get more criticism than any other artist.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

My english... Sorry. lol

BABY and OOPS were AMAZING LEAD SINGLES. Pure pop perfection. I don't feel that Slave was strong enough 

It was different directions. Also, the song didn’t go up because of limited release and radio ban. But purely from beats and lyrics point of view it is one of the strongest song from the entire album.

people also criticized Oops on release stating that it is not as procedure as baby.  

• Love 1
On 5/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, boyinthemirror said:

If the album had more of this sound and less of Crossroads, damn, it would've been unquestionbly her best. I think it still is but there's room to debate :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

This. 

I feel like making many soundtracks for the movie just ruined the initial direction this album was supposed to follow. And it's weird because I love the entire tracklist, but looking at it from the 2021 perspective, I feel like BOMT and Oops were enough bubblegum material, she didnt need another teen-ish album. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Slave was a well step towards a more mature and different sound, they even changed the Boys original version into an R&B remix, they even released an Overorotected urban remix as a single. Commercially, it was a risk, artistically, it was a right decision. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

I actually feel like they could have chosen any track from the albums Britney, Blackout and Femme Fatale and they would have been a great choice, those 3 albums have no skips. Every song deserves their spots in the tracklist. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

It was different directions. Also, the song didn’t go up because of limited release and radio ban. But purely from beats and lyrics point of view it is one of the strongest song from the entire album.

people also criticized Oops on release stating that it is not as procedure as baby.  

Overprotected was just on another though in my opinion. I was in awe.

:fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSskbKsa-chW4A6XZWtBZ4

13 hours ago, Million Billion said:

This. 

I feel like making many soundtracks for the movie just ruined the initial direction this album was supposed to follow. And it's weird because I love the entire tracklist, but looking at it from the 2021 perspective, I feel like BOMT and Oops were enough bubblegum material, she didnt need another teen-ish album. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Slave was a well step towards a more mature and different sound, they even changed the Boys original version into an R&B remix, they even released an Overorotected urban remix as a single. Commercially, it was a risk, artistically, it was a right decision. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

I actually feel like they could have chosen any track from the albums Britney, Blackout and Femme Fatale and they would have been a great choice, those 3 albums have no skips. Every song deserves their spots in the tracklist. 

I love the tracklist just like it is so it took me a while to realize that as well!

It was very sad that she was blacklisted during Britney era, because the charts don’t reflect how huge the singles were!! I remember all of them so vividly, even more than some other singles from her first two eras. The public didn’t quite understand how great Blackout was imo, because Break The Ice is so catchy and had great potential and it didn’t have much success… Femme Fatale had some over the place songs like Big Fat Bass and Drop Dead Beautiful but Inside Out, Scary, Trouble for Me and Don’t Keep Me Waiting among others were wasted hits :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Whaddya mean? 

It's a true bop, way ahead of its time. From the choreography to her vocals to the MV, it is what made Britney Spears that we all know and love today; a true pop legend.  :neydedance_purple:

She has always taken risk with her lead singles. Sometimes it works. And sometimes it doesn't ( Make Me says hi). But without taking risk, you are just a boring singer. Nothing to offer. And that's why Britney is a legend. 

i cant hear basketball wives GIF by VH1