This Day in Pop: Britney performs at the Kids' Choice Awards 1999 (May 01)

4 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

Here are some photos from the same day, according to GettyImages (https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/american-singer-dancer-and-actress-britney-spears-poses-for-news-photo/908103558):

american-singer-dancer-and-actress-britn

And from a different angle :

06420ac68c2eaf2abf42d33814727465.jpg

Red carpet:

american-singer-dancer-and-actress-britn

You can check the xray website again to track all of her appearances throughout the year, which was very busy. She was literally traveling around the world every week. Only gap there is it's between first week of February and second week of March, which I think it's when she had the knee injury and the surgery, which would be very convenient to hide something else, I admit it. But then when she reappeared, she looked normal.

It wasn't until the KCA that they popped, so they either used some sort of push-up bra, or something to secure her breasts wouldn't  escape from underneath, or it was an illusion created by the thick fabric of the top, but after that she looked normal again. I repeat, she was going from one place to another every week, even from one day to another she would be in a different country. Implants can't get added and removed just like that, unless they're not actual implants and it was something external

• Love 1
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, Arianna said:

The fact that they went out of their way to put nips on a bra for a kids awards show though....

I can’t really tell the size in those two performances with the dark colors. And that wig ... the bangs kill me.

They actually exist, I can't :orangu_orangutan_ape:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVgCb4hkzKPIOl29yLDbx

·Brand: Victoria's Secret
Hello nipples this bra is used to make it seem that you have big breasts and your nipples will show thru blouses. very **** bra

• Haha 4

I remember watching this live and my mom almost falling over. This performance really began the whole narrative of her being too ***ual. Looking back, it blows my mind that her team didn’t say anything or have her change shirts given that it was a kids show. Someone knew the reaction it would have. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

I remember watching this live and my mom almost falling over. This performance really began the whole narrative of her being too ***ual. Looking back, it blows my mind that her team didn’t say anything or have her change shirts given that it was a kids show. Someone knew the reaction it would have. 

Perhaps I'm getting a little conspiratorial, but the infamous Rolling Stone cover story / photoshoot was released mid-April of that year, ie only a couple of weeks earlier, and then this was her first performance after that. So maybe her team knew what they were doing here and it wasn't an accident. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

...do we really think she wore something like this?! 

IDK - I just can’t see Britney agreeing to such a silly thing (at any age), or someone approaching her seriously with that. 

I mean, it sounds more plausible than getting implants just to have them removed a few weeks later, or even better, the implants disappearing overnight. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Of course, I'm not saying she wore that bra, I don't even know if they existed back then lol but I mean, whatever was the reason, it clearly was related to her outfit.

this is April 20

XRAY_HQ_TONIGHT_28229.jpg

then the awards happened on May 01.

This is May 05

czechjanwithbritney.jpg

June 04

UTB_JUNE4_1999_28529.jpg

June 12

14.jpg

It definitely seems that it always depends on the outfit or the angle of the picture. Her body and her face always fluctuate even today because of factors like these.

Like, in recent pictures we can see how different her body looks, from this

normal_91527969_2310025742630069_2738502

to this

normal_142583217_1751571631688856_112507

only thing that remains constant, is her infinite beauty :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I'd bring more examples, but it feels so weird to scroll through her pictures when she was underage, just focusing on her breasts, even though I've always seen her as a grown up, because I was only 5 years old back in the BOMT era

• Like 7
16 hours ago, sunny_liston said:

Perhaps I'm getting a little conspiratorial, but the infamous Rolling Stone cover story / photoshoot was released mid-April of that year, ie only a couple of weeks earlier, and then this was her first performance after that. So maybe her team knew what they were doing here and it wasn't an accident. 

For sure. There were people burning her rolling stone cover and albums because people were so irate over the RS cover. It was a very weird time in her career and this was something that could’ve ended very badly. Idk what Larry was thinking other than free publicity. 

• Like 3

She definitely had implants. They go through a thing called "drop and fluff" after you've had them for a while where they sit lower on your chest and change shape once your skin stretches out- which has caused confusion as to why her chest looks different a year later.

Also implants can make your nipples hard for months which is probably going on in this performance.

The reason they look so dramatic here is because she's not wearing a bra under the top. She most likely had a sports bra on for filming the "Sometimes" video which is the same top.

• Like 3
On 5/1/2021 at 11:00 PM, Arianna said:

I will never understand that **** choice for the Kids Choice Awards...

Also do we think she had them and had them removed or downsized or? I’ve never figured that one out...

She had them lol. It was after the American music awards that year but before the Sometimes music video. That's why she had that whole 'I popped my knee and needed PT' rumor. I know someone above said she was always booked and busy, but she definitely took time off. She took off from the NSync tour in the middle of January and the Kids Choice was like May 1st. And I guess the RS cover was sometime in April.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, PokemonSpears said:

But she just had had her knee surgery a few weeks before

Idk. I always thought the knee surgery was a lil sus? I genuinely thought it was a cover for the implant surgery. And she kept saying that she took weeks and weeks off for PT and was chilling in Louisiana. I remember TRL even doing an exclusive from her home at that time to sell that narrative. Overall I thought it was odd that she was constantly referencing that she had knee surgery and that TRL was covering it lol. I honestly think somewhere bw January and may 1999 is when she got it. Also didn't she admit it sometime in the 2010's? I forgot what interview. And she eventually took them out, but I'm not exactly sure when that happened. 

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, it sounds more plausible than getting implants just to have them removed a few weeks later, or even better, the implants disappearing overnight. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Of course, I'm not saying she wore that bra, I don't even know if they existed back then lol but I mean, whatever was the reason, it clearly was related to her outfit.

I think the reason it looks different is just because of the bras she wears lol. I have a similar shape and I can mask mine if I want depending on the bra I wear. Even in the photos where her chest looks more normal sized, her ***** look pretty big to me, it's just that she's wearing a different bra. Sometimes mine look pretty massive and other times they look barely there. I have the similar sort of side set ***** that she has so that's why Idk I can relate.

1 hour ago, ohnoglee said:

She had them lol. It was after the American music awards that year but before the Sometimes music video. That's why she had that whole 'I popped my knee and needed PT' rumor. I know someone above said she was always booked and busy, but she definitely took time off. She took off from the NSync tour in the middle of January and the Kids Choice was like May 1st. And I guess the RS cover was sometime in April.

Idk. I always thought the knee surgery was a lil sus? I genuinely thought it was a cover for the implant surgery. And she kept saying that she took weeks and weeks off for PT and was chilling in Louisiana. I remember TRL even doing an exclusive from her home at that time to sell that narrative. Overall I thought it was odd that she was constantly referencing that she had knee surgery and that TRL was covering it lol. I honestly think somewhere bw January and may 1999 is when she got it. Also didn't she admit it sometime in the 2010's? I forgot what interview. And she eventually took them out, but I'm not exactly sure when that happened. 

Mmmm you really think she was able to skip out on a tour for breast surgery? Why wouldn’t she have just waited? Seems sus

2 hours ago, ohnoglee said:

I genuinely thought it was a cover for the implant surgery.

I don’t believe she did breast surgery. Cuz in addition to a lot of photos and videos, let's not forget that at that time she just turned 17 years old not long ago. She was still a teenager, her puberty was not over yet, i.e. the development of the mammary glands was not yet over. And as far as I know, breast surgery is contraindicated until a certain age. Usually 18-20 years old.  

I doubt her team or anyone would have allowed breast augmentation at that age. It doesn't make sense. And it's not worth the risk, imo.

She was only 16/17 at the time and clearly wore some kind of fake bust or padding and not a single ADULT on her team said a damn thing about it and they let her go on stage looking like that showing nips like that on a children's tv network...honestly :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: it kind of sends me to think about lol:jackk_alien:

but if I'm being honest, I do think this was irresponsible ,low key creepy and the fault of the adults in charge, NOT Brit.

She was only a kid at the time tbh.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ohnoglee said:

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm all for showbiz intrigue, but do you think they'd go as far as making up the knee surgery and then staging pics like these:

interv5.jpg

Also, the leaving nysnc tour in mid-jan I just assumed was natural timing bc BOMT album dropped and she started doing promo. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, sunny_liston said:

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm all for showbiz intrigue, but do you think they'd go as far as making up the knee surgery and then staging pics like these:

interv5.jpg

Also, the leaving nysnc tour in mid-jan I just assumed was natural timing bc BOMT album dropped and she started doing promo. 

I mean, they even postponed the release of her second single, taking the risk of leaving her as a one-hit-wonder lol 

Sometimes was supposed to be shot in February, when she had the injury, and it wouldn't come out until May because of it. She had to cancel TV shows that were already scheduled. All of that just to get *****, and then "remove" them later? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: 

She even performed like this

6938840438aced74f1404beca95c4eab

And she also kept doing interviews. It would make more sense if she was hidden away all that time, like, if she was recovering from a breast surgery, but why would they throw her to the public when she needed rest? 

• Like 3