Happier Than Ever Debuts #1 In The Global Charts Selling 405,000 Units In It's First Week, Internationally!

23 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Getting ready to listen! ezgif.com-resize-8.gif

Not my wig already lifting off my head ezgif.com-resize-8.gif

Will report back after Billie destroys me with ha slayage ezgif.com-resize-8.gif

Omg yasss excited for yr review ezgif.com-resize-8.gif

12 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Any bops? Name me ONE bop, and I promise I'll listen to the whole thing.

I don't know your definition of bop but I suggest Oxytocin, Happier Than Ever, Overheated, I Didn't Change Mind and Billie Bossa Nova :neydedance_purple:

3 hours ago, ElenaB said:

i was a bit worried because i didn’t like any of the singles besides therefore i am but I LOVED IT:yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping: my fav is happier than ever, i listened to it while relaxing at the beach and it was such a magical moment:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: gosh i love her:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Serioulsy! This album is everythinggg :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: Why does nobody talk of Getting Older? It's so beautiful :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

12 hours ago, Towelney said:

Happier Than Ever. It starts off like a regular Billie song, but the genre change at 2:19 is everything! :melt_weird_drift_wow:
If you want to know the genre:

Reveal hidden contents

it turns into a pop rock song (Reminds me of an Avril song) 2BB396D1-FE9B-4618-A33D-810B4AC42BD1.gif

12 hours ago, Invitation said:

Even the melody of the start was just amazing. Reminds me of those vintage old films.

Another Song of the Year please

I don't get the people who say that she should have ditched the whole vintage beginning of the song. They are totally missing the point of the switch and how it elevates the song to an amazing level. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Love 1

Between Sour and of course Happier than ever, I have two more releases What the future holds Pt.2 By British Dance pop groups Steps and of Course RED (Taylor's version). 

Unlike 2020, 2021 in music has been a letdown. 

Still the worst album is Boresitions by Ariana Grande. It was reissued as a deluxe cd in 2021, so it's still a 2021 album. And it's still the worst album of this year. 

• Like 1

I am not interested in Billie. I like some of her music, but for me she is just another singer out there doing her thing. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

HOWEVER, I have to say that this album is such a mood! It has such a chill vibe to just play in the background and enjoy. 

I am a PhD student so I have been playing it on repeat as I work and study. It sets the perfect mood! 

My favorite is "Getting Older". 

• Love 2
On 7/31/2021 at 9:11 PM, maki93 said:

I am not interested in Billie. I like some of her music, but for me she is just another singer out there doing her thing. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

HOWEVER, I have to say that this album is such a mood! It has such a chill vibe to just play in the background and enjoy. 

I am a PhD student so I have been playing it on repeat as I work and study. It sets the perfect mood! 

My favorite is "Getting Older". 

Wow, so happy to hear that u enjoyed it!
It is definitely a chill record but it is a mixed bag which still remains fairly consistent :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: Thoughts on the title track?

Part of the problem is people want to be happy, after 2020 happy pop Music is needed, they don't want anger or depressed music..

With songs like everybody dies and a few other tracks!, not many people are happy with the subject of death especially during a pandemic.  

So some of the songs are obvious choices, but I read she and Fienneas only recorded the 16 songs on the record and that's its. They wrote the material before recording the 16 tracks, so that's probably a big first, for alot of artists they record between 30 or 40 songs and choose the strongest of the material, not what Billie did, that also proves her genius compared to her contemporaries.  

What you got on the tracklist was all they recorded, the rejects are in lyrical form, but not recorded, so don't expect a massive outtake leak. The outtakes was never recorded.  

• Like 1
On 7/31/2021 at 12:42 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Everyone switching on her after they dragged her and these last few singles be like: 

8a_paper2.jpg

The way lady gaga had that during a star is born, looking and dressing like a normal person, when she went full on pop star gaga, everybody left her..

I actually saw that happening, I was like y'all loved the music and not gaga herself, but I feel gaga the pop star will be different from gaga the actress.

She knows she can't be pop star gaga promoting a movie, she has to be more marketable and relatable to an audience that normally don't check her for her music..

But I still remember the original teaser posters for A star is born credited her as Stefani Germanotta, but was changed to lady gaga, when they realized people only know her stage name outside of her fan base.  

• Haha 1

It was a little too quiet and slow tempo for me. Many of the songs lack structure. There are some great songs on the album but i find it hard to listen to the whole thing at once and keep my interest. Happier than ever was great. Oxytoxin was my least favorite. Im not sure why but  Billie trying to pull a **** song off with that whispery voice made me gringe way too hard. She has talent but for me she needs to have more uptempo tracks or smth on her albums to keep me interested. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block