Happier Than Ever Debuts #1 In The Global Charts Selling 405,000 Units In It's First Week, Internationally!

Not to be a hater, but I’m kinda glad her new song flopped. I gave it a try, I didn’t think it was good. Neither was the video. I just don’t get the hype around her. She’s not bad, but she’s WAY overhyped. I don’t think her voice is anything special. I like bad guy, but it seems like it was just so popular because of the “im The bad guy, duh” part and the instrumental hook, her vocals aren’t the memorable part of the song. I like ocean eyes and when the party’s over, but but I don’t see what’s so impressive about her music. It doesn’t stand out to me at all. I feel like she’s just someone the industry decided to get behind for whatever reason. Maybe if she changes it up I’ll get mire into her, but for now. I just don’t get it. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 4

It's weird people don't like Reinvention. 

Or goth dubstep. 

Is there truly anybody that can actually be happy all the time, even Shirley Manson said if anyone is truly happy all the time, they're the ones that should be committed, cos that's scary that they don't go through other emotions.

It's not normal to be happy all the time, even generation Z got that memo faster than any other generation..

• Like 1

this obsession for charts is really pathetic and sad

do y'all even care about music?

the discussions on these pop forums are always about charts, stats, certifications, acclaim or whatever, just a dumb popularity contest, your fav could release an autotuned fart as a song and y"all would stan if it went number 1

it's like no one actually cares about the sound or the music lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Dreams said:

this obsession for charts is really pathetic and sad

do y'all even care about music?

the discussions on these pop forums are always about charts, stats, certifications, acclaim or whatever, just a dumb popularity contest, your fav could release an autotuned fart as a song and y"all would stan if it went number 1

it's like no one actually cares about the sound or the music lol

We're here for pop music. A music genre made specifically for chart topping. It's fun, relatable, pop music that is made for the general public. This isn't some indie underground artist. This is Billie Eilish. She had a huuuuge debut era and now she's underperforming like crazy. It's noticeable. If you speak of the music of this era, it's not hard to understand why it's flopping. The music is the same formula as the last era, but more boring. 

4 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

We're here for pop music. A music genre made specifically for chart topping. It's fun, relatable, pop music that is made for the general public. This isn't some indie underground artist. This is Billie Eilish. She had a huuuuge debut era and now she's underperforming like crazy. It's noticeable. If you speak of the music of this era, it's not hard to understand why it's flopping. The music is the same formula as the last era, but more boring. 

i don't care about Billie or 2010s-2020s mainstream pop music, it's boring af. Pop culture is dead anyway. i could list thousands of classic hits that didn't even reach the top 20 that are far more remembered than some #1s hits. You don't need to sell a lot of records to make a cultural impact or influence other artists. The mainstream corporate record labels will always look for inspiration through the underground music scenes, they always steal concepts, aesthetics, and ideas from indie artists , every mainstream trend comes from the underground. you can't just dismiss the underground scenes and act like they're not important. There are indie pop artists that don't even have a label and make more interesting stuff than mainstream corporate puppets.  Pop music is also a sound, at the end of the day, it's not only about charts; pop music is made for entertainment, it's about distraction, it's an escape, there are many artists who don't even have a record label, but they still want to entertain their small community and release music,

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block